Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-01-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think the Lions could improve the line significantly if they just upgraded the guards. And that doesn't require a first round pick to do so. Mulitalo and Peterman are horrid. Most anything is an upgrade.

Backus is bad, but I bet he wasn't the lineman who gave up the most sacks this season. He has his lapses, but for the most part, he's solid enough to survive. Improved play among the guys next to him would help too.

The Lions have so many holes they aren't gonna be able to address them all in one offseason. The offensive line has issues, sure. But the defense can't stop ANYONE! We won't win a game next year if the defense isn't infused with some major talent and playmakers. Can't continue to pour all our high draft picks into the offense.
We gotta draft one OG and bring one FA in.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still like Manny Ramirez and if you put him and Gos on the right side you could have a mean bunch of muthas for a while. But i also understand that if hes any good he would have played more by now and G's would help a ton.

The only reason Im against Stafford is that he wont get the chance to sit for a year. After the first loss the fans will be calling for him right away, especially with Ryan's success in Atlanta. It kinda seems like Joey part II with Dan O being McMahon this time around.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

Stafford graded out a solid B to B+ against my MSU Spartans yesterday. He had a rough first half and looked awful. I gave Stafford a generous C grade in the first half, but finished up strong the second half with an A grade. He threw 64% for 3 TDs and 1 tipped INT (it wasn't a horrible pass). Stats aside, what i love about Stafford is he looks every part of a winner. A guy you can in trust the ball to a get you the W. He also looks like a good person like Little Animal. I would absolutely love to have Stafford and James Laurinaitis playing for the Lions. Two very high character people. Humble. Hardworking. Fighers. Gamers. Skilled at their position but respectable.

He has thrown for 8 touchdowns and 1 INT in his last 2 games of the season. Stafford could not get the passes going in the first half. Maybe he was rusty from a month layoff, Tampa was windy, and MSU defense was playing well enough to make it confusing for him. MSU seems to play the ugliest games and the first half was ugly. MSU reminds me of the tennis player that just gets the ball back, a lot of junk spin, does not make mistakes, and frustrates you to no end. MSU was playing MSU football in the first half. Stafford showed why he was a NFL prospect in the second half. Georgia defense rose up to the occasion showing that SEC D lineman are just to quick and strong for the slow footed Big Ten offensive linemen.

Stafford did not show his great an arm this game. He didn't gun any passes, but the fact he has got a gun showed that he can throw some very pretty touch passes 20-30 yards very accurately where players like Hoyer tend to overthrow them or put to much zip on passes that Stafford can loft with ease to the goal line. Stafford shows me there is not a pass he cannot throw. Some people hate his side arm sling dink passes. I don't mind it too much, as long he can get the ball to receiver that's what counts. This is something that can be worked on.

What really impressed me with Stafford's bowl game was not as arm but what was between his two ears. There are times in sports where you cannot get things going, for whatever reason your body does not want to do what your brain tells you to. You go into the tank, fall behind, and get blown away due to frustration. The mental part of athletics. Stafford could of went into the second half and throw 2 more INTs, but he threw 3 touchdowns and was nearly perfect in the second half after getting hit hard near the goal line where the MSU defender twisted his body into a pretzel. Stafford makes his team better. He threw TD passes to some no name college players like Michael Moore and Aron White. Nice catch by Moreno. He does not have a great spread offense system and Phil Loadholt, Duke Robinson, Juaquin Iglesias, DeMarco Murray, and Jermaine Gresham on his team to play with. Stafford did not make any boneheaded passes we've seen him make in the past. This shows that this young 20 year old is maturing. Stafford mental and football I.Q. is outstanding. I loved his tackle after he threw the INT. He was frustrated he threw the INT and made very sure tackle against the MSU defender. He looked like he could play linebacker.

Stafford needs one more year in college to fine tune his skills, but i don't see him staying one more year to fine tune unless he loves college football like Little Animal. It does not make sense to give up all the money to spend one year fine tuning. You can fine tune with a NFL team by going thru training camp, preseason, and holding a clip board while getting valuable practice time for 1/2 a season. He's a excellent QB prospect who would not benefit that much in staying one additional year. I don't think he needs a full season in college to decide if he's ready for the NFL. He's got the tools and mental makeup for the NFL to declare right now. His team is not in par with the Sooners, Longhorns, or Gators to compete for the national title next year...especially without Moreno. I see both kids heading to the NFL. I also think Sanchez, Freeman, and Davis are NFL caliber QBs also beside Stafford.

__________________________________________________ ___
Round 1: Stafford QB
Round 1: Little Animal MLB or Peria Jerry NT
Round 2: Herman Johnson OG
Round 3: Zack Follet OLB
Round 3: best available corner back
Round 4 (trade up): Jarron Gilbert DE
Round 6: Sammie Stroughter WR
Round 6: Louis Vasquez OG

Last edited by 5 Fingers of Death : 01-02-2009 at 06:20 AM.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bradford and Sanchez both come out should we wait take Smith and whichever falls to us take at 20?

1. Detroit (0-16)
2. St. Louis (2-14)- They could take a QB but they won't
3. Kansas City (2-14) - Likely take the first QB but could take DE as well.
4. Seattle (4-12) - Hasselbeck isn't bad or that old
5. Cleveland (4-12) - They have 2 QBs
6. Cincinnati (4-11-1) - Palmer
7. Oakland (5-11) - Russell
8. Jacksonville (5-11) - DG
9. Green Bay (6-10) - Rogers and Brohm
10. San Francisco (7-9) - Likely to take a QB
11. Buffalo (7-9) - Edwards
12. Denver (8-8) - Cutler
13. Washington (8-8) - Have 2 QBs
14. New Orleans (8-8) - Brees
15. Houston (8-8) - Have 2 QBs
16. San Diego (8-8) - Rivers
17. New York Jets (9-7) - Depends on Favre
18. Chicago (9-7) - KO did real well this season
19. Tampa Bay (9-6) - Have 20 QBs
20. Detroit (from Dallas) (9-7) -

We could take the 3rd QB be that Stafford Bradford or Sanchez. They are all really top 10 talent but in a bad situation plus it would be alot cheaper.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no chance in hell one of them is there at 20, IMO. Someone will trade up or just go with a QB despite a lack of apparent need.

If Sanchez played as well as everyone proclaimed he did yesterday, he won't be there at 20. That's not a good strategy. Take the best QB at #1.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez would be the #1 overall pick in a handsome draft! What a hunk!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody think we can hold stafford for ransom from the jets, get 2 first round picks(1 next year) and then just take sanchez or bradford if they fall to 17 or just wait until next year and maybe sanchez comes out then. lets build a jets rumor machine and make it come true. we can have back to back years of multiple first round picks. we can probably still get vontae davis, laurinaitis, everette brown/hardy. then 2 third round picks for line help.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the problem I have:

If any team thinks enough of Stafford to trade up to #1 to get him, then the Lions would be making a mistake not to take him themselves.

DETROIT NEEDS A QUARTERBACK!

And settling for anything less than the very best QB in this draft would be a mistake.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of those are good reasons. I'm sure the 'Jack Long' thing has been beaten to the ground. I suggest the Lions go corner with Dallas' pick. They allowed a record 110.8 defensive passer rating while picking off a grand total of 4 passes. For the record, there were 28 players who had as many, or more, interceptions than the Lions did as a team.
The Lions need help pretty much everywhere, except wide receiver and running back. The quarterbacks that the Lions have now are not starting material. They also need a new face of the franchise like the Falcons did last year with Ryan.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was just wondering, how much is stafford worth to someone else? and yeah with the bobby layne thing this is his destiny to be on the lions.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
All of those are good reasons. I'm sure the 'Jack Long' thing has been beaten to the ground. I suggest the Lions go corner with Dallas' pick. They allowed a record 110.8 defensive passer rating while picking off a grand total of 4 passes. For the record, there were 28 players who had as many, or more, interceptions than the Lions did as a team.
The Lions need help pretty much everywhere, except wide receiver and running back. The quarterbacks that the Lions have now are not starting material. They also need a new face of the franchise like the Falcons did last year with Ryan.
DT or LB with 20 is way more of a need.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...=2008&season=2

31 rushing tds allowed. 172 yards per game given up. Its not even close with the 31st teams in the league. This is the biggest reason we went 0-16. Way too small up front, thank you Rod Marinelli.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could really make a case for anything. They stunk at a lot of things. Other than scoreability index, the Lions were near or at the bottom. The best combination of picks is really all that they can do.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
You could really make a case for anything. They stunk at a lot of things. Other than scoreability index, the Lions were near or at the bottom. The best combination of picks is really all that they can do.
Very true any pick would help our team. OT or CB could be BPA. But then again BPA doesn't mean the DT or LB we pick won't succeed. I just think our front 7 is way way too weak. Lions D wasn't very good in 07, but with Shaun Rogers we were at least mediocre in stopping the run and the secondary got picks(with a worse secondary potential wise Bodden is better than Fernando Bryant, Kelly 08 vs Travis Fisher 07 as the number 2 corner). Secondary was said to have gotten better this year but with the Dline getting worse at DT the defense went from below average too downright awful.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

As long as it's a defensive player at 20, I won't squabble about the particular position. CB, DT, LB, DE . . . fine.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

I'm at work and could not watch the Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech game on t.v., but from some postings Peria Jerry DT from Ole Miss looked very good again. The football fans have said he's constantly in the backfield disrupting the quarterback and was a better prospect than Oher. I see us going linebacker or defensive line with the second pick in the first round. I'm pretty sure Jerry will be there, Laurinaitis 50/50. I'm a big fan of Peria Jerry. Having a tackle that can stop the run, get into the back field to harrass or sack the QB is invaluable to this Lions team.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny that some fans would rather have the best OT and the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft. QB's touch the ball every play. An LT is paid big money to protect the guy that touches the ball every play. Why the heck would you pass the most talented QB in order to get the best guy to protect the 3rd or 4th most talented QB....
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It's funny that some fans would rather have the best OT and the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft. QB's touch the ball every play. An LT is paid big money to protect the guy that touches the ball every play. Why the heck would you pass the most talented QB in order to get the best guy to protect the 3rd or 4th most talented QB....

Because if the guy that touches the ball every play is getting murdered, it doesn't matter who it is. It's like buying a brand new car and leaving the windows down and key in the ignition.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Whitebull
Rookie

Whitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The brand new car is only available for a limited time. We're gonna buy it, and keep it in the garage and wait till next paycheck when we can get a security system installed.
Whitebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Because if the guy that touches the ball every play is getting murdered, it doesn't matter who it is. It's like buying a brand new car and leaving the windows down and key in the ignition.
Yeah, high round draft picks protecting mediocre QB's has really worked out for the Lions. They have 3 first round OT's already. How's that working out. Smart organizations take a QB when they need one. You didn't see the Colts or Giants passing on a QB in favor of an LT last time they had the #1 pick.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
anybody think we can hold stafford for ransom from the jets, get 2 first round picks(1 next year) and then just take sanchez or bradford if they fall to 17 or just wait until next year and maybe sanchez comes out then. lets build a jets rumor machine and make it come true. we can have back to back years of multiple first round picks. we can probably still get vontae davis, laurinaitis, everette brown/hardy. then 2 third round picks for line help.
Good idea... but if the 1st this year is #17, nooooooooo way. #17 and then something even lower for a #1 pick. Yeah right. This would only work with another sucky team.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-03-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

welcome to the boards, good point.

I still want Sanchez.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
welcome to the boards, good point.

I still want Sanchez.
I want him just so I can refer to him as Mark "The Dirty" Sanchez.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Yeah, high round draft picks protecting mediocre QB's has really worked out for the Lions. They have 3 first round OT's already. How's that working out. Smart organizations take a QB when they need one. You didn't see the Colts or Giants passing on a QB in favor of an LT last time they had the #1 pick.
It all depends on who the better prospect is. If the best LT in the draft is better than the best QB, you take the LT and never look back.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Sanchez would be the #1 overall pick in a handsome draft! What a hunk!

Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post

Don't encourage him.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08