Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens Vs Dolphins

Ok the Ravens and the Dolphins are playing in the wild card. The ravens won our first meeting this year something like 23-13 i think the game will end up the same way. i think the ravens defense is very confident and ready for the challenge. Ed reed has been scary the past 6 games. Teams are throwing the ball his way to much and i love it. I think pennington will get to much pressure and have some turnovers. give me your thoughts people
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely a winnable game and the team I wanted to face most, but still we have been gashed against the run at times and while we shut down Ronnie Brown the first time, the fact that he has done nothing for so long tells me he's ready to break out. Just have to watch out for the change of direction plays because if you commit too much to Ronnie and Ricky Ted Ginn can take a reverse to the house. None of the wideouts really worry me other than Davone Bess who's just average. Fasano is a good TE but won't stretch the field. As long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over and we get some production from the run game, this game should be very winnable.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Great post, and I gatta agree. If the our run game gets going, it will open up play action and Flacco will have a huge advatage with that. I can easily see Chad tearing our secondary apart but a good thing is that Greg Cammarilo (who we've had trouble with) isnt playing. Fasano should be held in check along with there run game. I think if we can pressure Pennington enough to make atleast 1 mistake, that could be a key in the game. So, if the run game gets going, Flacco doesn't turn the ball over and converts key throws and the defense harrases Pennington consistently this game should tilt in our favor.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One good thing is that Pennington isn't great at stretching the field, our coverage is great as long as we keep everything in front of us. Against teams like the Colts however is when we struggle because our deep secondary sucks. Whichever side Reed isn't on you can pick on the corners deep.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
One good thing is that Pennington isn't great at stretching the field, our coverage is great as long as we keep everything in front of us. Against teams like the Colts however is when we struggle because our deep secondary sucks. Whichever side Reed isn't on you can pick on the corners deep.
yea we dont have to worry about a harrison or wayne this game lol. I think we will stop there run and force them to pass early and cause some turnovers. I hope clayton keeps playing as good as he has he is dangerous on the long ball when hes playing like he is.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 12-31-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Ravens 24
Dolphins 9
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Ravens 24
Dolphins 9
Not a bad answer.
You can win todays big money boy!

Nice Game!
Hope we will make it :D

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Amazing defensive performance. I know we all love LeRon and hate Mcgahee but Mcgahee needs more carries. The defense saved us again, we need to convert on these drives when we get turnovers especially against teams like the Titans and Steelers. Too many 3 and out. Love McClain but he can't break one and doesn't even get us first downs. He still needs 10-13 carries to soften the defense but he is wasting a lot of plays. We need more production and more big play potential.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win guys. Your defense exposed the Dolphins' offensive line and destroyed Chad Pennington. And Flacco is the third rookie QB to win his post-season debut. The other two are Shaun King and Ben Roethlisberger.

Let's see how you do against the Titans. I know they laid a whooping on us Steelers, but I also remember you almost beat them in the regular season. Hopefully you win and we get an AFC North AFC Championship. That would be awesome.

But for now, enjoy the win. And once again, congrats.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Wow Ravens vs. Steelers AFC championship would be epic, but one game at a time.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^true, Ive been thinkin about that many times. But like what Harbaughs been preaching all year long, we have one task at hand, and that is the Tennesse Titans.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Amazing defensive performance. I know we all love LeRon and hate Mcgahee but Mcgahee needs more carries. The defense saved us again, we need to convert on these drives when we get turnovers especially against teams like the Titans and Steelers. Too many 3 and out. Love McClain but he can't break one and doesn't even get us first downs. He still needs 10-13 carries to soften the defense but he is wasting a lot of plays. We need more production and more big play potential.
Agreed, and pre-game, I heard Ray Rice was going play but I didnt see him out at all. I think Harbaughs gameplans have been wear out opposing defenses w/ McClain and ride our defense till the opposing defense wears out and start letting up. Now, that gameplan probably won't work vs. Tennesse so we better start changing things up a bit because we are getting really predictable. We have ran the same type offense agaisnt Dallas, Jacksonville and now Miami. Sooner or later teams are going to start and catch on to this obvious pattern.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
barreh
Rookie

barreh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

remember earlier in the season when i said that we were capable of making the suberbowl and some of guys didnt take me seriously. Do you believe that we are for real? With the colts eliminated, we are capable of beating any team in the AFC. Bring on the Titans!!!!
barreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, looks like all of us ravens fans were rooting for the chargers last night!

and man, great performance, ed reed continues to impress the world and jim leonhard had one heck of a game. Always around to make a tackle and doing everything that he had to do. He has filled in with great skill for dawan landry

i wrote this in the gameday thread but willis mcgahee looked really slow on his breakaway run. Last year, some said that he had one of the best stiff arms in the game and he showed that there as well as good lateral speed, but he just looked slow trying to run away. He is definitely not 100% but needs more carries.

bring on those titans!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It shouldn't be an issue but I have noticed the past couple of weeks McClains grip on the ball is loose. He should take care of that though. Sucks though Flacco was a foot long on so many passes. He could have easily had 300 passing yards. He will need to complete those passes for us to continue.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o and how about those 2 big hits
one by bart scott on chad pennington on the leonhard INT and by Ngata on a receiver on the run back<-- the WR got decleated!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Oh and Trevor Pryce definitely deserves a shout out for providing pressure all day long.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Ed Reed Dpoy
John Wall
Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

STRIP, I stated that same problem you did about McClains fumbling issues in the Cowboys gameday thread, I think its because this is probably his first season getting this many carries. Hopefully its a problem that he will learn to get rid of but until then I want to see the Ravens giving him lesser carries especially since we've got more talent at the RB postion with Rice and McGahee, speaking of Rice, anyone know why this kid hasnt played? How bad is that injury?