Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-30-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What you talking about Willis

Oh Willis, just when you were starting to win support:

"Just when you thought that everyone in the Ravens locker room had bought into the John Harbaugh era, running back Willis McGahee (left) went on Sporting News Radio yesterday and blamed his uneven performance this year on everyone but himself. When he was asked on The Monty Show why he hasn't been able to replicate last year's performance, he explained that "I tried to be someone else's running back this year and it didn't work out."
Apparently, he reluctantly changed his style and his offseason weight regimen to conform to Harbaugh's program, and now feels that's the root of his injury issues and his inconsistency.
"I didn't want to change it,'' he said during the radio interview, "but when you have a new coach and they've got a perception of you, you've got to try and change to stay on the good side of them."
Sorry, but that opinion would carry a whole lot more weight with me if Willis had felt the same pressure to show up at more of the voluntary OTAs. Here's one more McGahee comment from that radio show that should tell you all you really need to know:
"I don't know what this offseason is going to bring. It's been a crazy year for me with the talks of me not being there next year but regardless, I'm just going to go out there and play for me ... I can't play for nobody else but me."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor..._pops_off.html

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhhhh man come on willis dont be a ***** just shut up and play well in the playoffs.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, way too much "me" If that attidude continues we should dump this douche and roll with Rice and McClain.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty I think Rice will be just as good for us as Willis, especially with McClain to soften things up. Deal him for a 2nd round pick or something, and we could even pick up a C.J. Spiller kind of guy.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh
why willis why!??!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah whatever stupid of him to say but if we win who cares. Winning cures all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say what you want guys, but Willis is here to stay for awhile. So I guess we finally have our own TO afterall. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How long is his contract?

5 Years or isn`t it?
Sharing the carries with LeRon is a nice Gameplan.

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Say what you want guys, but Willis is here to stay for awhile. So I guess we finally have our own TO afterall. :D
why do you seem so damn happy at the negative stuff dude? I mean if your a raven fan, atleast come support the good stuff going on here as well. I dont know if you know but, we've made the playoffs after going 5-11. We've finnally got a franchise QB. Where are you when the positive stuff is going on?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
why do you seem so damn happy at the negative stuff dude? I mean if your a raven fan, atleast come support the good stuff going on here as well. I dont know if you know but, we've made the playoffs after going 5-11. We've finnally got a franchise QB. Where are you when the positive stuff is going on?
Oh I'm sorry I am only allowed to be a fan of positive stuff? I saw an interesting piece of news and decided to share it. I've posted around the forum with positive pieces about the Ravens, Ed Reed for DPOTY, given my support of Flacco etc.... Just because I'm not all gushing about the Ravens like others doesn't mean I'm not a diehard Ravens fan. Its alot harder to be a realist then it is to be a blind optimist.

Anyway just run the ball down Miami's throat Willis, that'll show em! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I am only allowed to be a fan of positive stuff? I saw an interesting piece of news and decided to share it. I've posted around the forum with positive pieces about the Ravens, Ed Reed for DPOTY, given my support of Flacco etc.... Just because I'm not all gushing about the Ravens like others doesn't mean I'm not a diehard Ravens fan. Its alot harder to be a realist then it is to be a blind optimist.

Anyway just run the ball down Miami's throat Willis, that'll show em! :D
Don't get me wrong dude, Im not questioning your love for the Ravens, Im just asking why do you love too see all the bad news surrounding the Ravens?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Willis had the worst YPC of the three backs but we should keep him around- RayLew is probably having a talk with him...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
Willis had the worst YPC of the three backs but we should keep him around- RayLew is probably having a talk with him...
Considering he's also by far the highest paid and most egotistical of the three backs, should they really?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Considering he's also by far the highest paid and most egotistical of the three backs, should they really?
Yes they should because the cap hit to get rid of him would be brutal. So let him finish up this year, and start fresh come next season.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-31-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yes they should because the cap hit to get rid of him would be brutal. So let him finish up this year, and start fresh come next season.
I hate to say it, but he has a point.

Cutting him puts us even more against the cap in a huge year for re-signings, and his trade value is next to nothing because no team in the league would want to pick up such a large contract.

There's gotta be some way of getting his ass in gear. If not, he's never gonna recover from the stink of it all. If he wants a change of scenery, then he's gonna hafta accept a lesser role in the league unless he can begin to produce again.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still feel willis mcgahee can be an upper tier back in this league. He like any man with a mouth needs their head screwed on right. Being on a team with fellow players from the U should help his morale, but idk. I mean, he is 1 year removed from a probowl season, so i say patience with him. that of course, doesnt mean we dont use ray rice or leron mcclain. Both have shown, especially mcclain that they can produce with the rock in their hands

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how much would it affect our cap if we just cut him? IDK the system. but he doesn't fit into the offensive system and has a bad attitude as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
how much would it affect our cap if we just cut him? IDK the system. but he doesn't fit into the offensive system and has a bad attitude as well.
Basically it goes like this:

McGahee has $15 mil in guarantees. Salary caps take this into account by making it so that it's divided by the number of years on their deal. so $15 mil/7 is around $2.14 million against the cap per year, add his base salary for this year($620,000 in 2009) and that's $2.76 million against the cap in 2009. McGahee has a bonus of $1.5 million due this year(the last on his deal) if he stays on the roster. Now, if he were to be released before June 1, the remaining $1.5 mil would be added to the cap number, so that would be $3.64 million($2.14 mil. hit per yr. + $1.5 in bonuses) against the cap --a HUGE hit. Even if he were cut after June 1st, that $750,000 would still get added to the 09 cap number($2.89). So either way, the Ravens would take a bigger cap hit if they cut him.

Next year though, he's fair game($3.9 million due in 2010 + $2.14 cap hit is $6.04 against the cap..much cheaper to just cut him and take the $2.14 hit)

I'm not sure if I did the math right, so anyone who is more experienced in this might want to set me straight, but i'm sure i'm on the right track, since that bonus gets added to the cap number in full as opposed to the prorated number.

Last edited by ChewyRaven318 : 01-17-2009 at 01:42 AM.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

From my understanding if we cut him we take a full hit of the balance of his signing bonus against the cap. Am I wrong ?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I think we are just better of keeping him, I mean he did say this whole thing was a misunderstanding so I guess hes trying to adjust to Harbaugs style and turn things around, if we keep him IMO it can't hurt. Obviously McClain shouldnt be the full-time starter and we could benefit with keeping McGahee.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I think we are just better of keeping him, I mean he did say this whole thing was a misunderstanding so I guess hes trying to adjust to Harbaugs style and turn things around, if we keep him IMO it can't hurt. Obviously McClain shouldnt be the full-time starter and we could benefit with keeping McGahee.
The flow of pounding teams with Leron and then lighting them up with Willis late has worked very well this year. Hopefully it does for the future as well, that being said tomorrow we need Willis at his best for the majority of the game and Leron needs to be the pound and ground attack on short yardage with that ankle. Willis' true test will really come in this offseason, if he commits to being in top shape for training camp then this will be all water under the bridge.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: