Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 4th pick in the 2009 draft

the Seahawks select either........???????

Matthew Stafford
Andre Smith
Malcolm Jenkins
Michael Crabtree

Has a nice ring to it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew Stafford and Andre Smith are the obvious choices if they are there.

I'd add Aaron Curry to that list as well, since we might not resign Leroy Hill

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying it for about a month, Malcolm Jenkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Any of those 4 and I'm happy. Curry would be a nice pick if Hill is gone but it wouldn't help us out. The Seahawks actually NEED the other positions. Besides there's great depth at LB in this draft. They could pick up a guy like Marcus Freeman in the 3rd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To know you're guaranteed one of those four guys, that's pretty awesome.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Any of those 4 and I'm happy. Curry would be a nice pick if Hill is gone but it wouldn't help us out. The Seahawks actually NEED the other positions. Besides there's great depth at LB in this draft. They could pick up a guy like Marcus Freeman in the 3rd round.
They could also take a good player at WR later in the draft. No matter who they choose there it is going to be one of the elite players in this draft and should be a great pick.

Technically, I still don't think the Seahawks need anything this year. Whichever direction they go, it is going to be a luxury pick that should improve the talent base of the Seahawks.

The only NEED we have I would say is a big physical corner to start opposite Marcus Trufant. We already have a good short corner in Wilson, but he can't stop a guy like Fitzgerald or Boldin. We need another CB like Trufant to shut down the Cardinals, which is why I still think Jenkins is the best pick there.

I believe that they will take someone like Sintim or Cushing in the second round to fill our need at OLB if Hill leaves.

However we much we discuss it though...I can't shake the feeling that the Seahawks will trade down and pass on these elite prospects to settle for someone who falls to them. This may lead to another impact player in the second & third rounds, but it will still be hard to watch when they do trade down and those 4 players are likely off the board.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
They could also take a good player at WR later in the draft. No matter who they choose there it is going to be one of the elite players in this draft and should be a great pick.

Technically, I still don't think the Seahawks need anything this year. Whichever direction they go, it is going to be a luxury pick that should improve the talent base of the Seahawks.

The only NEED we have I would say is a big physical corner to start opposite Marcus Trufant. We already have a good short corner in Wilson, but he can't stop a guy like Fitzgerald or Boldin. We need another CB like Trufant to shut down the Cardinals, which is why I still think Jenkins is the best pick there.

I believe that they will take someone like Sintim or Cushing in the second round to fill our need at OLB if Hill leaves.

However we much we discuss it though...I can't shake the feeling that the Seahawks will trade down and pass on these elite prospects to settle for someone who falls to them. This may lead to another impact player in the second & third rounds, but it will still be hard to watch when they do trade down and those 4 players are likely off the board.
I really hope Ruskell doesn't trade down this year. (Hopefully) we won't have another chance at a pick this early for a while.

Quote:
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
Old 01-02-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
That's the beauty of a 4-12 season.

How would you guys feel about Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith if Andre Smith goes #2?
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:55 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we dont trade down either. trading down is for teams rebuilding, we are adding a few pieces.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
That's the beauty of a 4-12 season.

How would you guys feel about Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith if Andre Smith goes #2?
Not big on taking either of them 4th overall. Especially with the other guys at other positions still on the board.

Edit: Honestly, I've been giving Orakpo alot of thought. Kerney isn't getting younger and Jackson never was a amazing pass rusher. Kerney & Orakpo on boths sides with Mebane in the middle would do wonders to the defense..

Quote:

Last edited by OneToughGame : 01-02-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What if one of them doesn't declare?

:D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

The ONLY Viable option for trading down is if we were to get Taylor Mays.

Quote:

Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

You hush...
Old 01-02-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

IF one of them doesn't declare we take one of the top senior OT's or Malcolm Jenkins.

Another viable option if we traded down would be to take one of those same OT's and pay them a heck of a lot less money.

I really would like to see the local kid in Mays get drafted by the Seahawks, but he is not in their range without a trade, and the biggest problem is where does he fit in? Unless they converted him to a LB he probably wouldn't start immediately this year.

Edit: If we trade down, I am looking at likely a trade to the lower half of the top 10 or 15. It is very likely that they decide to trade down farther and pick up an additional first round pick this year and trading the lower of the two for a first round next year. We're not rebuilding, but Ruskell does love to have the liberty of lots of draft picks and he does enjoy trading in the 2nd round.

Last edited by summond822 : 01-02-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

Would anyone actually be mad if the Seahawks did take Orakpo if he was available? I know we just took "lojack" last year in the first but he's never going to be a "elite" pass rusher in the NFL, I also know we have Tapp but he's just to inconsistent for us. I don't really know anymore lol. I'd love for the Seahawks to draft Crabtree. I'd love if they drafted Jenkins, and I don't think I'd hate them drafting Orakpo one bit.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Lojack was one of the worst picks in the history of the seahawks, so I'd like Okrapo, if the price is right. Once again, at 4 we need an "Elite" talent to be worth the money. I dont see us going QB until later, and bolstering our pass rush would be great for our team.
So my Big Board is now:
1. Jenkins
2. Crabtree
3. Okrapo
4. Mays

I really dont like Stafford or Smith, and no other prospects jump out as "Elite" like these do. Jenkins is a great cover corner, Crabtree is a great WR, and Okrapo and Mays are both game changers who can make a large impact immediately.

Quote:

Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Lojack was one of the worst picks in the history of the seahawks, so I'd like Okrapo, if the price is right. Once again, at 4 we need an "Elite" talent to be worth the money. I dont see us going QB until later, and bolstering our pass rush would be great for our team.
So my Big Board is now:
1. Jenkins
2. Crabtree
3. Okrapo
4. Mays

I really dont like Stafford or Smith, and no other prospects jump out as "Elite" like these do. Jenkins is a great cover corner, Crabtree is a great WR, and Okrapo and Mays are both game changers who can make a large impact immediately.
Switch Crabtree and Jenkins around and that's my list. I really think Ruskell might go for the hometown kid in Mays though, I guess I only think this because of Trufant. If I remember right wasn't Trufant a "reach" at the pick when the Seahawks drafted him?

Quote:
Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Switch Crabtree and Jenkins around and that's my list. I really think Ruskell might go for the hometown kid in Mays though, I guess I only think this because of Trufant. If I remember right wasn't Trufant a "reach" at the pick when the Seahawks drafted him?
I don't really remember, but for some reason something irks me about Crabtree. It's not screaming "BUST" but he doesn't look like a future hall of famer talent, which is what Jenkins brings to the table. They really should be 1a and 1b though, since wr is a bigger need, but Jenkins is the better prospect.

Quote:

Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Would anyone actually be mad if the Seahawks did take Orakpo if he was available? I know we just took "lojack" last year in the first but he's never going to be a "elite" pass rusher in the NFL, I also know we have Tapp but he's just to inconsistent for us. I don't really know anymore lol. I'd love for the Seahawks to draft Crabtree. I'd love if they drafted Jenkins, and I don't think I'd hate them drafting Orakpo one bit.

Problem is i think the 4 guys i had going there have a much higher grade than Orakpo. I'm still excited about Stafford being the next John Elway so that's my choice although i think he'll be gone by the Hawks pick. I know it isnt the consensus pick for Seattle fans but Wallace isnt the answer and Matt is 32 going on 40.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Problem is i think the 4 guys i had going there have a much higher grade than Orakpo. I'm still excited about Stafford being the next John Elway so that's my choice although i think he'll be gone by the Hawks pick. I know it isnt the consensus pick for Seattle fans but Wallace isnt the answer and Matt is 32 going on 40.
I see bust all over stafford. Elway was a winner and had production along with great feet and a rocket arm. Stafford has a cannon, but bad footwork and he doesn't seem like a leader. The fact that Georgia had so much talent around him and they played so awful which may have something to do with the lack of leadership. One year wonder in my eyes. Plus, we need someone to put us over the hump immediately, because most of our team is aging. picking a qb is basically throwing in the towel on our veterans, saying we are going to rebuild, not pick someone who can make an immediate impact.

Quote:

Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I see bust all over stafford. Elway was a winner and had production along with great feet and a rocket arm. Stafford has a cannon, but bad footwork and he doesn't seem like a leader. The fact that Georgia had so much talent around him and they played so awful which may have something to do with the lack of leadership. One year wonder in my eyes. Plus, we need someone to put us over the hump immediately, because most of our team is aging. picking a qb is basically throwing in the towel on our veterans, saying we are going to rebuild, not pick someone who can make an immediate impact.
Elway was on an average team at Stanford and never went to a bowl game. I will admit his feet were some of the best ever but Stafford is a good athlete (probably a high 4.6 guy) and he's very strong. His talent has gone from really bad for two years at the WR position to really bad this year at the OL position. I'm extremely high on this guy. I think he can be great. So we disagree, big deal.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
J.Hens.

I am a fan of Crabtree but I truly feel that in this position we should take advantage and go another direction.

I'm not for a QB. I don't feel as if drafting a QB will impact this team next year, and I feel that we have a core group of players that are here to win now.

Branch, Kerney, Hasselbeck, Jones, J.Jones, Trufant, Tatupu, Peterson

Are all in their prime, past their prime, or getting close to their prime.

To me, when most of our money is going toward such good talent, we can't risk to draft a player that won't help us immediately. Otherwise we aren't doing justice to all the money we are spending to the players we are giving it to.

So to me, I think we have to either go Offensive Line or Safety.

Taylor Mays is my favorite player in this draft. I wouldn't mind having a Jenkins, but I think we have spent too much at corner the last few years and need to allow Wilson and Jennings to continue to develop.

Mays would give us an impact safety which is something we've lacked for awhile.

An Offensive Linemen though, at pick 4, might be the best choice considering Walter Jones' future is in question now. An OT would be able to play now, and would be able to be our tackle of the future as well.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm starting to like the Mays pick more and more. And I don't like Andre Smith or really a lot of the tackle prospects.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully no one steals this, but in my upcoming, super awesome mock, I have Mark Sanchez going to you guys.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Hopefully no one steals this, but in my upcoming, super awesome mock, I have Mark Sanchez going to you guys.
At 4? No way man.

Quote: