Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jets coach Mangini will not return

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

NEW YORK (TICKER) New York Jets coach Eric Mangini will not return next season, 1050 ESPN Radio and various other New York media outlets are reporting.

Mangini and the Jets missed out on the playoffs after losing to Miami on Sunday. The Jets lost four of their last five games.

The Jets are scheduled for a 10 a.m. ET news conference.

Mangini is not expected to attend.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising at all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I have a terrible feeling, and this is the first time I have said this about any team.

Spags to the Jets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only reason for him leaving would have to b losing 4 of there last 5... he took a 4-12 team to a 9-7 team this year
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, get the bum out of town. The terrible loses do not compensate for the exciting wins (even though he almost blew it against the Patriots with his stupid defensive play calling that allowed it to go to OT). His game planning is awful. He doesn't establish the run, often voting to pass it constantly even though Favre has shown that he's not effective.

I'm not going to ramble, i've done that in the Team forum, but I cannot be more happy about this. Get him out of town. The man can't lead men, he's not a 'players coach' and no person in their right mind will look at him and say 'I'm going to follow this guy, he's a leader and a motivator'.

Gone!!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
only reason for him leaving would have to b losing 4 of there last 5... he took a 4-12 team to a 9-7 team this year
Not the only reason. Watch the games, they usually show things. 9-7 (more importantly, total collapse to miss the playoffs and losing to 'lesser' teams) is just the back end result that everyone sees. It goes much deeper than that.

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I have a terrible feeling, and this is the first time I have said this about any team.

Spags to the Jets.
i don't see that at all, especially with them running a 3-4. If minny didn't make the playoffs(or they have a 1st round exit) and Childress gets fired, I'm much more afraid of him going there.

but this is good for the Jets. No offense should send every guy in motion every play resulting in numerous illegal formations and shifts like the Jets did every game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't say I watch that much of the Jets, but if you have 2 winning seasons out of 3, you probably shouldn't be fired. Funny how you can go from a genius to a turd over a handfull of games.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i don't see that at all, especially with them running a 3-4. If minny didn't make the playoffs(or they have a 1st round exit) and Childress gets fired, I'm much more afraid of him going there.

but this is good for the Jets. No offense should send every guy in motion every play resulting in numerous illegal formations and shifts like the Jets did every game...
Their personnel can easily be translated to a 4-3...actually I think it would be the better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two winning seasons in three years is weird basis to fire a coach. I think he might actually find a head job somewhere else soon. I wonder who the Jets will hire? spagnola or schwartz? Either way I think it's a safe bet that Belichick won't hire Mangini for his staff again.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Two winning seasons in three years is weird basis to fire a coach. I think he might actually find a head job somewhere else soon. I wonder who the Jets will hire? spagnola or schwartz? Either way I think it's a safe bet that Belichick won't hire Mangini for his staff again.
Funny comment.

I'd agree that having 2 winning seasons out of 3 makes it seem odd to fire the coach, i totally understand that. Maybe i'm just very annoyed, or maybe i'm being to critical. Then again, maybe Mangini is a complete idiot....fact is, the gameplans have been bad considerably more than they should be. 3 man rushes with prevent coverage at bad times, ignoring the run game to use an ineffective pass game (when leading or in a close game with time to spare, not in come from behind efforts), and he is not a coach that appears to take control, motivate, or do anything that would lead the players to conform to him. His stubborness/stupidity in implementing the 3-4 has annoyed me from the beginning. This year it finally came together, thankfully.

I can see both sides of the coin for him to stay or go. However, he isn't Marty who wen 14-2 with a long resume to boast for him and a tiff with the owner. A new QB is coming in next year, and a new coach may be able to groom him. Who knows.

I don't see Mangini as a Superbowl winning coach at any point, so either way.....

Quote:
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he shouldn't have gotten fired. he's a good coach, but this year was sabotaged by Schottenheimer who is a terrible OC, and Favre who cost him numerous games.

he needed what Coughlin needed: a new staff around him. a new DC (insert Romeo Crennel) and a new OC (insert whoever) wouldve gotten him right back on track.

sometimes continuity is more important than a fresh start. he deserved at least one more year. i don't agree with this decision.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is the other side to this coin, however, that the Jets are probabably going to tear a few things down and start rebuilding, so why not start clean.

If that's the case, however, why does Woody Johnson keep his job? Doesn't he control the draft, which would put the blame on him for not fixing the quarterback position?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There is the other side to this coin, however, that the Jets are probabably going to tear a few things down and start rebuilding, so why not start clean.

If that's the case, however, why does Woody Johnson keep his job? Doesn't he control the draft, which would put the blame on him for not fixing the quarterback position?
i believe Tannenbaum controls the draft, with heavy influence from Mangini.

i don't believe this team needs to get blown up. they have the pieces in place to compete.

its just an overreaction by the team.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah sorry I got confused, Woody Johnson owns the team, so he's probably not getting fired.:)

As for the Jets being able to compete, I was pretty low on them last year so not much has changed, but they need to decide very quickly if Kellen Clemmens is the answer.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah sorry I got confused, Woody Johnson owns the team, so he's probably not getting fired.:)

As for the Jets being able to compete, I was pretty low on them last year so not much has changed, but they need to decide very quickly if Kellen Clemmens is the answer.
i don't think he is.

i wonder if Cowher takes over this team. all this team needed to do this year was run the hell out of the ball and they wouldve won at least 2 more games this year.

i watched them every week. they were a good team who got sabotaged by an idiot OC and Favre's terrible decision making.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i don't think he is.

i wonder if Cowher takes over this team. all this team needed to do this year was run the hell out of the ball and they wouldve won at least 2 more games this year.

i watched them every week. they were a good team who got sabotaged by an idiot OC and Favre's terrible decision making.
Spot on. Maybe i am overly critical of Mangini because of the play calling, which is done by the offensive coordinator (should be next to go), but i believe that a quality coach addresses that issue at the start, and either takes control of the play calling, or makes the OC adjust to the gameplan which should have more runs involved. He did neither, and therefore i give him much of the blame. He should have addressed the issue. However, stupid calls on defense makes me wonder if he just doesn't have the proper coordinators, or if he is to blame. I don't believe that the collapse can be ignored, he should have had better control of the team....simple as that.

Funny how in the end Favre coming raised the expectations and killed Mangini, and with his terrible play, killed the season. We wouldn't have been there without him though, he had many clutch drives and played well early on, but late in the season he was a big factor in the collapse. The Favre saga comes to an interesting close....

Quote:
Old 12-29-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Their personnel can easily be translated to a 4-3...actually I think it would be the better option.
but they just spent 3 years going from a 4-3 to a 3-4. there's absolutely zero chance they go back.

they're actually very close to having a pretty nice 3-4 D. The playcalling was putrid though, and they would rush just the front 3 WAY too many times
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the move at all and I really don't place the blame on Mangini. Like bf_51 said, if you have guided your team to two winning seasons then their is no reason you should be fired.

I think the problem lies with Brian Scottenheimer. He controls the offense and is the play-caller. Mangini is a defensive minded coach and if I'm correct his defenses have usually played well. It's the overrated Brian Scottenheimer who gets pass happy and fails to establish the run. Put the blame where it belongs, at the feet of the offensive coordinator.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

i guess Vernon Gholston was serious when he said at the beginning of the season that he plans on helping this team win a SB starting next year....
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The GM when under pressure will always change HC's. That's the pecking order if the GM wants to keep his job. Obviously Favre got older as the season wore on and cost the Jets their chance to make the playoffs. To bring Favre in was the GM's decision but Mangini paid the price.
There is no way Mangini deserved to be fired and some other team will likely give him a second chance.
Crennel also would easily get a 2nd chance but at 65, he is unlikely to get an offer.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I don't like the move at all and I really don't place the blame on Mangini. Like bf_51 said, if you have guided your team to two winning seasons then their is no reason you should be fired.

I think the problem lies with Brian Scottenheimer. He controls the offense and is the play-caller. Mangini is a defensive minded coach and if I'm correct his defenses have usually played well. It's the overrated Brian Scottenheimer who gets pass happy and fails to establish the run. Put the blame where it belongs, at the feet of the offensive coordinator.

well, it's tough. Schottenheimer needs to go. He was downright awful. Just terrible. He cost the Jets the playoffs along with Favre(down the stretch), no doubt in my mind.

Mangini's D was just too inconsistant, as was his gameplanning. He'd blitz the **** out of teams very effectively, but later in the game, rush 3 and get torn apart. Both ways it was kind of a win/lose for the Jets. if he stayed I think they would've been ok, but I'm not totally against his firing. Most Jets fans are pretty happy.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I don't see why it is such a big deal about having 2 winning seasons in 3 years. The amount of FAs brought in and money spent this offseason, they damn well better have had a winning season this year.

The Jets started out 8-3. They finished 9-7, losing 4 out of their last 5 games. That one win in that span was because Buffalo decided to give it to us.

They did not win against a West Coast team this year, going 0-4, losing to SF, Oakland, and Seattle. The Jets were definitely not prepared for so many games this season and if you watched any Jets games, you woulden't be able to argue how bad the play calling has been.

The Jets had 11 turnovers these last 5 games, 9 of them were INTs from Favre. Its arguable that it's more of his fault then Mangini.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well, it's tough. Schottenheimer needs to go. He was downright awful. Just terrible. He cost the Jets the playoffs along with Favre(down the stretch), no doubt in my mind.

Mangini's D was just too inconsistant, as was his gameplanning. He'd blitz the **** out of teams very effectively, but later in the game, rush 3 and get torn apart. Both ways it was kind of a win/lose for the Jets. if he stayed I think they would've been ok, but I'm not totally against his firing. Most Jets fans are pretty happy.
We'll see how happy they are when the Jets finish last in the AFC East Division. Not only do they need to replace a HC who was above .500 in 2 out of his 3 seasons but they probably have no starting QB. Not a recipe for success.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a surprise, although like BBD said I'm not so sure it was deserved. A new DC (I wouldn't have minded Romeo) and especially OC would have been nice, and obviously continuity with coaches is very important. However I'm not exactly surprised or disappointed, especially because I agree with a lot of the stuff that TGJV said. The coaching staff had a lot of shortcomings, and although not all of it was directly Mangini and he doesn't have much of an offensive background ultimately it comes back to him and if he saw a problem with what was going on it was his responsibility to see to it that it was changed. For a team to have the most Pro Bowlers in the league and not make the playoffs is not acceptable I'm sure in the eyes of those running the Jets and they made the decision to let him go.

The search for a new coach will certainly be very interesting. I'd love Spags but as people have stated we have this 3-4 issue, and although we could translate to the 4-3 alright there would certainly be some issues, especially with defensive tackles next to Jenkins and where to put guys like Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas we have a lot of money invested in that just didn't fit the 4-3. So it'll be fun to see what we do as far as the background of the coach we pick up and what scheme he wants to run.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote