Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Randy Moss be playing his home games in '07?
Oakland 48 28.07%
Green Bay 90 52.63%
Jacksonville 2 1.17%
Miami 6 3.51%
New England 14 8.19%
Other 11 6.43%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Does NE signing Wes Welker to a 6 year 38.5 million dollar deal eliminate them from getting Moss? They've spent a helluva lot of money this offseason: Thomas, Welker, Morris, Brady.
you mean 5 years $18.1 deal?
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
you mean 5 years $18.1 deal?
In my defense, it was posted by PFT ******s after I made that post:

POSTED 9:00 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 9:08 p.m. EST, March 5, 2007
WELKER GETS NEW DEAL
On the same day that he was traded from the Dolphins to the Patriots, receiver Wes Welker caught a five-year, $18.1 million contract with $9 million in guaranteed money from his new team, according to Adam Schefter of the NFL Network.
It's a far cry from the seven-year, $38.5 million offer sheet that the Pats were reportedly prepared to present to Welker. But the key here is that much of that deal would have been back-end fluff aimed at persuading the Dolphins not to match the deal, especially since it likely would have included a poison-pill provision.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

WELKER GETS NEW DEAL
On the same day that he was traded from the Dolphins to the Patriots, receiver Wes Welker caught a five-year, $18.1 million contract with $9 million in guaranteed money from his new team, according to Adam Schefter of the NFL Network.
It's a far cry from the seven-year, $38.5 million offer sheet that the Pats were reportedly prepared to present to Welker. But the key here is that much of that deal would have been back-end fluff aimed at persuading the Dolphins not to match the deal, especially since it likely would have included a poison-pill provision.
Thats a big difference in numbers!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

WELKER GETS NEW DEAL
no. it was reported an hour or so ago by NFL Network i think and i been telling you he aint gettign that money that kept popping up b/c the poison pill but we decided to TRADE straight up for ihm instead of doing the signing sheet and all that BS. We got him for cheaper and no BS money but had to throw in a 7th
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Bump. Apparently the trade talks are well underway between OAK and GB.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Patriots; he will be their reclamation project, just like Corey Dillon was in '04.
Eh, worth a guess.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my prediction.

1)The majority of Packers fans have been against giving up a 2nd or more for Moss.

2)The Packers will trade for Moss at some point.

3)They will give up a 2nd, and possibly more.

4)Packers fans will talk about what a tremendous move it is and how they have a legit shot at the Superbowl (some are already saying this).

-So it is written, so it shall come to pass.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Here is my prediction.

1)The majority of Packers fans have been against giving up a 2nd or more for Moss.

4)Packers fans will talk about what a tremendous move it is and how they have a legit shot at the Superbowl (some are already saying this).

Homers are a predictable species.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only reason randy moss acts the way he is is because he doesn't want to play for such a horrible team. No offense raider fans but it's gonna be a while before you guys make any sort of playoff run. You can't really blame him, he's an allstar and no allstar would want to spend the rest of their career on a losing team. If the raiders draft calvin johnson, no matter how humble and nice a guy he is, it's just a matter of time before he realizes his talents are being wasted too.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think he stays in Oakland.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My prediction for Moss w/ GB is about 900-1200 and 8-11 tds. Possibly more? KGB and a third is the likely deal. But I dont mind giving up a 2nd so long as we trade down to nab Olsen.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Here is my prediction.

And the Packers shall dethrone the Bears as NFC North Champs
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
My prediction for Moss w/ GB is about 900-1200 and 8-11 tds. Possibly more? KGB and a third is the likely deal. But I dont mind giving up a 2nd so long as we trade down to nab Olsen.
nah you guys are giving us Rodgers
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
nah you guys are giving us Rodgers
Those rumors have already been done away with as nothing, Ted Thompson has said hes wanted to keep Rodgers and believes he is the future.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Here is my prediction.

That may be, but personally I wanted them to sign T.O. last year. Moss would be about the same in value to me. They need someone with excellent receiving skills to catch Farves not so acurate deep ball.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.

I think Moss stays in Oakland because who would want someone as worthless as Randy Moss?
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microphon200 View Post
I think Moss stays in Oakland because who would want someone as worthless as Randy Moss?
Worthless? Moss hasnt had a good QB since '04 w/ Culpepper. Hes had Collins,Tusuiapo, and Walter(a basic rookie). Sure in his younger days these guys would have looked like pro bowlers with Moss but now Moss needs a good QB to help him a bit. Moss can catch the deep ball better than Driver and Jennings and is taller so he should make a good redzone target.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
That may be, but personally I wanted them to sign T.O. last year. Moss would be about the same in value to me. They need someone with excellent receiving skills to catch Farves not so acurate deep ball.
Unfortunately they both have baggage, but im willing to live with it for the year or 2 that favre is there.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Unfortunately they both have baggage, but im willing to live with it for the year or 2 that favre is there.
Moss hasnt torn apart a team yet though

Old 03-14-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Moss hasnt torn apart a team yet though
The character issue isnt quite as extreme so it should be the lesser of 2 evils if the deal gets done. However i do think T.O. has more gas in the tank.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The character issue isnt quite as extreme so it should be the lesser of 2 evils if the deal gets done. However i do think T.O. has more gas in the tank.
That maybe true, despite his 25 drops or whatever, TO had a pretty good year especially in comparison to Moss' year.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
That maybe true, despite his 25 drops or whatever, TO had a pretty good year especially in comparison to Moss' year.
The quitting thing when the game isnt going well or the play isnt to moss would get really old, but I think playing with a respected quarterback should scale that down some.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I think Moss would be a good addition to the Packers. A 2nd may be a little high, and would be a clear direction that they are more concerned with winning now before Favre retires, but he would certainly give them an option they don't currently have.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
And the Packers shall dethrone the Bears as NFC North Champs
I think it'll take more than one player, but I would definately take them much more seriously.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
For the record, I think Moss would be a good addition to the Packers. A 2nd may be a little high, and would be a clear direction that they are more concerned with winning now before Favre retires, but he would certainly give them an option they don't currently have.
The intent of the move would certainly be obvious and it would keep the pack in the spotlight which keeps money generating for the franchise.