Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I remember Dr Z had the Eagles and Giants as only NFC East representatives, but he had the Eagles winning the East outright, and making it to the Super Bowl. I was furious, but it looks like he knew what he was talking about somewhat.
Just look at your avatar. Dr. Z knew what most outside of Dallas know now. Phillips is a bum. He's soft, his teams play soft, and he'll never coach a real contender, despite having all the talent. I hope he stays on. Because the talent is there, just need a real coach.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i actually thought the Eagles would win the division too. and i think they have a very very good chance of going to the SB this year.

i don't feel confident about seeing them in the playoffs at all.
I'm not confident against the Eagles as well. They scare me. But you have to expect McNabb to choke like always. He is getting due again after a few good games. Westbrook just gives me nightmares.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. 8-8 will win the NFC West

Seattle, St. Louis, San Francisco, and Arizona make up probably the shakiest division in all of football. Seattle, who has dominated the division as of late, have numerous question marks offensively and will rely on a defense that got shredded in the NFC Divisional round against Green Bay to end last year. St. Louis doesn't have their stud back Steven Jackson in camp and without him they're dead because the defense is not even average. San Francisco has an improving defense, but when JT O'Sullivan has a chance to be your starting QB then you have serious problems. Arizona is the biggest wildcard of the group, and year in and year out they are always expected to be that team to make a jump into the postseason; this could very well be the year. Take into account the caliber of teams and then pair them up with 8 games against the AFC East and NFC East, and each team could easily lose 6 of those games. Pair these teams up 6 times and if a team can go 4-2, which is solid, then you have 8 loss teams with 2 games remianing. It's a realisitic possibility, and I don't believe it's a matter of whether or not it'll happen, it's which team will make it to that benchmark record.

4. David Garrard is nothing more than a game manager

18th in the league in passing yards, 11th in completion percentage, 15th in touchdown passes, and 21st in completions. Elite QB? No. Above average QB? ahhh maybe. Worth 20 million in guarantees? Hell no. David Garrard statistically and in reality is nothing more than a game manager who turns around, hands the ball off, and occasionally makes the short and simple pass. He fits the Jaguars style of play nicely, but people should not be saying that he is a Top 5 or even Top 10 QB. The top players at various positions are playmakers, not individuals who do what's good enough to get by. There will be a point in time where Garrard will be asked to do more and the Jags will pay the price because what he does now is about all he can do but in his defense he does it very well.

6. Calvin to make the largest strides

The #2 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft will finally tap into that potential and thrive in year two. He battled numerous injuries in year one and was never able to solidify himself in the Lions offense. Enter a new offensive coordinator who wants to run the football more makes some think that he'll have fewer opportunities than when Martz was there, but I think he'll be able to create more mismatches with teams adding more men in the box to stop a rushing attatck that remains questionable for Detroit. Calvin is the #2 WR as well so he won't be going up against a team's #1 CB, and unfortunately for those corners he's got #1 abilities so watch out.

7. Brees for MVP

Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Jeremy Shockey, Robert Meachem, and Devery Henderson aree the main guns in Brees' arsenal; go ahead pick one to stop, make that two. Drew Brees' ability to distribute the ball and make plays in Sean Payton's offense, makes him the front runner in this year's MVP race. Adding two threats in Meachem and Shockey to a QB who for over 4,400 yards and 28 TDs last season makes one wonder how high the sky really is for Brees and this offense. There's no doubt that the production will be there, and if this team can get into the playoffs, which I believe they can, then Brees can pretty much be a lock for the title of MVP. Success and stats are the largest benchmark for the award and he'll have both.

10. Chiefs are OTC

A young team with numerous holes, unproven QB, and scary bad offensive line does not scream success; possibly screams the least amount of success in the NFL this season. They are in rebuilding mode and Chiefs fans are aware of that so it won't be a great disappoinment if/when they are the worst team in the league. The #1 pick would give them the chance to grab their franchise QB and finally take the biggest step towards heading back to winning ways.
3. 9-7 won the division so I was close, and the Cardinals looked awful wrapping it up.

4. 5-11 record, 15 TDs/13 INTs, 81.7 QB Rating....Injuries upfront hurt him but he was rather pedestrian this year.

6. 78 catches, 1331 yards and 12 TDs...BIG year

7. Maybe not the MVP due to the Saints average year but he had over 5,000 yards and has a good shot at OPOY

10. Tied for 2nd worst team in the NFL

I would say 50/50 was the grade for me.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I said DeSean Jackson had a chance to be the rookie WR with the biggest impact, while he may not be the best (Eddie Royal), he's definitely is up there. Then after I said that, I was bombarded by other teams fans saying I was a huge homer, mostly by bears fans that said Earl Bennett was going to be the best rookie WR, and they claimed they weren't being homers becasue Bennett was the "most pro ready". I can't find the thread but I just think it's funny now.

which reminds me, I said Desean Jackson was the best WR in the 2008 draft class. TBD, but it's lookin' pretty good so far.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not confident against the Eagles as well. They scare me. But you have to expect McNabb to choke like always. He is getting due again after a few good games. Westbrook just gives me nightmares.
if they choke, its against the Vikings i think. i think our chances are 50/50 against them.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll look for the threads later, but i called out Adrian Peterson's fumbling and David Garrard being the over-paid crappy quarterback he is. Save the "we have no WR's whining".
Old 12-31-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit was going to be the worst team ever.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Hey, it's trendy, I have opinions, why not? I promise not to say anything about a certain future Hall of Fame QB that wears number 4.

1) Eli Manning is the real deal, but the Giants will not repeat
I think what we saw from Eli Manning during the postseason was not an aberration, but rather a quarterback coming of age. He made good reads, he found open receivers, and the bad/dumb throws he used to make didn't really make any appearances (I guess you can say the Tyree miracle catch is a throw a QB shouldn't make, but down by 4 in the Super Bowl on 3rd and 5, do you really want your QB throwing the ball away?). He seems to have a good chemistry with Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, and Plaxico Burress is obviously still his favorite target. He's going to make the Pro Bowl this year, the Giants will contend for the division, and maybe win it, but they're going to have targets on their back all year, and it's so hard to repeat in the NFL today.
Unless the Giants repeat, I was right on with this one I think.

Quote:
2) The Cleveland Browns will win the AFC North
Am I the only one that sees the Browns' revamped DL and thinks that Phil Savage is in line for NFL Executive of the year honors? Kam Wimbley is one of the best kept secrets in the NFL, the bulk they have upfront is going to collapse pockets and stop teams from running all over them, and they have two good, young safeties. On offense, they have a top 10 WR, a top 3 TE, and one of the best OLs in the NFL for an average Derek Anderson to work with. As long as they can squeeze another productive season out of Jamal Lewis, they have the potential to improve on last year's 10-6 squad. The only team standing in their way is the Pittsburgh Steelers, because...
Dead wrong, I don't think I've ever been so wrong about anything, except...

Quote:
3) Ben Roethlisberger is the NFL's next great QB
In his first couple of years, Roethlisberger was asked only to manage the game and let his running game do the heavy lifting for the offense, but last year, he was asked to be the focal point of the offense, and he came through with flying colors. He now has an improving Santonio Holmes, a complete TE in Heath Miller, and a young Limas Sweed to go with Hines Ward, as well as an excellent set of RBs. As long as their OL can hold up, this should be a scary offensive attack. Expect a 4000+ yard, 30+ TD season from Roethlisberger in 2008 if he can stay healthy all year.
Wow, Ben, thanks for making me look like an idiot. Not only did you not take the step forward I thought you would, you got hurt and took a step backward.

Quote:
4) The AFC South will continue to be the toughest division in football
Say what you will, NFC East fans, the Colts are a perennial title contender, the Jaguars are one of the top 7 or 8 teams in football at worst talent wise, the Titans will be a playoff contender again this year, and the Texans might be one for the first time in their existence. With the NFC North and AFC North on the schedule this year, I don't see any of these teams being under .500, with at least 2 of them making the playoffs.
Okay, so I'm not completely right on this, but the AFC South is still among the toughest divisions in football.

Quote:
5) The NFC South will be the weakest division in football
There's a reason every NFC South winner has been the division's last place team the year prior, and it's not because the division is stocked with talent. Unfortunately, Falcon fans, I think that streak is over with Matt Ryan as your QB this year, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if your team wins 6 or so games, because this division is basically won every year by the team that gets on a hot streak at or near the end, and they all tend to hover around .500. I could see the Saints possibly eeking out 11 wins, but they could just as easily be a 7 win team. I know people will say "but the NFC West sucks", but at least the NFC West has the Seahawks that are consistently a playoff team and occasionally win a game or two in the postseason.
Okay, I was wrong on this one, but in my defense, it took a Comeback Player of the Year level performance from 3 Panthers and the best season by a rookie QB ever in Atlanta to make me wrong on this. The NFC South was arguably the strongest division in the NFL for these reasons.

Quote:
6) Remember to follow the rules
The NFL competition committee made three very important rule changes that are each going to have an effect on the outcome of at least one game this season, and possibly the length of some players' seasons. The first change is that a field goal is now a reviewable play. I can see how this is going to play out already: Some team is going to kick a game winning field goal, but it's going to be questionable (say it went over the left post), and the coach is going to challenge, and he's going to get it overturned, and there's going to be a huge controversy about the game. The second change is the elimination of the force out rule. It's obvious how this could affect the outcome of a game, but an intersting tidbit from competition committee member Bill Polian on this: "I donít think the force-out rule is going to have an effect on the way the game is played in a macro sense. I worry about what kind of effect itís going to have on injuries to receivers...I believe Bill Belichick was quoted as saying it a couple of days ago, as saying youíre going to change the way you defense the pass on the sideline and I think heís 100 percent right. Ö Thatís what certain members of the competition committee, myself included, were worried about with that rule. Thatís the downside of that rule..." That is why I expect to see this rule back in 2009. The third change is the elimination of the 5 yard facemask. I understand they're trying to eliminate some judgment calls, but does a touch of the facemask really warrant 15 yards and an automatic first down?
I was pretty close to right here I think, I still think the elimination of the force out rule and the 5 yard facemask were bad calls, and I saw a few examples this season where each one would've been useful. When I posted this, I misunderstood the rule on challenging FGs, so don't expect that to happen.

Quote:
7) The Baltimore Ravens are now on the clock
You heard it here first, the Ravens will have the worst record in the NFL. Ed Reed is still a great safety, and they have some solid pieces upfront, but apart from Haloti Ngata, Bart Scott, and Terrell Suggs (who is not too happy playing for the franchise tag), all of those pieces are on the downside of their career. On offense, their running game is a question mark, they haven't picked a QB yet, and have an open competition between three players, and their former all-pro LT just retired. I know he wasn't as good as he used to be, but he was still decent. Their offense is a mess, their defense isn't as tight as it used to be, and they're working under a first year head coach. It sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
Or a recipe for one of the Top 5 seasons by a rookie QB ever. Flacco's rookie year is right up there with Marino, Roethlisberger, and Ryan. Turns out their run game got together too and that defense is still good. I was dead wrong on this, but I think you can see why I might have said it.

Quote:
8) The Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals will compete for playoff spots
I'm not saying either will get one, but I think both teams are improved. The Bills may have found what they need on defense in Marcus Stroud, and I think Trent Edwards has what it takes to be a great QB someday. I don't think he's there yet, which is why I don't put them in the postseason. As for the Cardinals, I think they give Leinart another chance, but I also think he's on a short leash, so they will go with Warner early if Leinart struggles. They seem to be developing a solid defense, and they've had the pieces on offense for a while, so I look for them to be above .500 and potentially in the postseason.
So I was 3/4 right. Buffalo competed for half the season, I think when Edwards got that concussion, their offense went super conservative and that's when they started losing. Arizona got a playoff spot, but only because they were in the worst division in the NFL.

Quote:
9) The season series between the Packers and Vikings will decide the NFC North
There's one reason I give that much credit to the Vikings, and that is Jared Allen. He's a monster pass rusher and should give the Vikings a presence they've been lacking on their defense in recent years, when QBs could throw all over them at will. The Packers have a new starting QB this year (in case anyone wasn't aware of this), but they're still young and good at all of the skill positions with a consistent OL, and they still have their young playmakers on defense, so they won't drop off that much. I think both teams will win something close to 11 games, and if either wins the season series, they'll win the division.
Half right, the Vikings won 10 games, the Packers only won 5, but they also lost about 5 games in the last few minutes. The Vikings did end up winning the division too, so there's the half right part.

Quote:
10) And the Awards go to...
MVP: QB Peyton Manning, Colts. Is it a homer pick? Yes, but I feel that Manning is going to have to do more than he has had to in recent years to get the Colts to the top of the South, and I think he'll rise to the challenge. Getting Marvin Harrison back, having a developing Anthony Gonzalez, and adding a skillful pass catching TE in Jacob Tamme won't hurt his cause either.
Well, the Colts didn't win the South (though if you ask Bill Polian he'll tell you Walt Coleman is at least partially to blame for that), but Manning does look poised to win the award.

Quote:
Offensive POY: WR Randy Moss, Patriots. He's not going to have another 23 TD season, but he will catch the majority of Brady's TD passes and get around 1500 yards. This will somewhat make up for the MVP he should've won last year.
Wrong, then again who knows what might have been had Brady not gone down in the first quarter of the Patriots' season.

Quote:
Defensive POY: DE Jared Allen, Vikings. I'd love to see Bob Sanders win it again, and I think he has a chance, but I think Allen will get the recognition he deserves this year by turning the Vikings defense from a good one that can be passed on to a great one that is tough to move the ball against. Add in 15+ sacks and the award is as good as his.
Allen put together a late season charge, but I think this award is all but James Harrison's.

Quote:
Offensive ROY: RB Matt Forte, Bears. He's going to be the Day 1 starter, and I really like his game. I can see him getting well over 1000 yards with about 10 TDs this season if the Bears' OL can hold up.
*sigh* In ANY other season...congrats to Matt Ryan, he deserves it. I was dead on with my predictions though, Forte had 1715 all-purpose yards and 12 TDs

Quote:
Defensive ROY: LB Keith Rivers, Bengals. He's going to get opportunities from Day 1, and if he can make an impact on the Bengals' defense, they could be a surprise team this season. He's going to get well over 100 tackles if he stays healthy.
If he stayed healthy, he would've had a shot. Wrong though, congratulations to Mayo.

Quote:
That's it. If only the media could follow my lead on not talking about that one guy.

I didn't pick a Superbowl winner because, and I guess you could consider this a bonus truth (11 for the price of 10!), the playoffs are so unpredictable, it really all depends on either who is hot going in, or who gets hot once it starts. That's what makes football great, but it also makes trying to predict who will win it all a pointless endeavor in my estimation.
This is probably my best one, 7 of the 12 teams in the playoffs this season weren't in last season, and 4 of 12 were in last place in their division last season. I certainly hope I'm right about the "who's hot going in" part. :D

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've learned that the NFL is just so random it's hard to predict much of anything so I don't bother.

Pretty much only thing I pegged was the Steelers win the AFCN and the Browns were massively overrated.

Said it wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals won 11 or lost 11, 1/2 game off lol.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Dam. You were horrible.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Damn, Dam. You were horrible.
If Flacco and Ryan hadn't had 2 of the 5 best rookie QB seasons ever, they'd look a lot better, besides, when you go bold, you either look like a genius, or get burnt. I don't think I was much worse than anyone though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am with Metsox on this one. You were pretty far off.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said the Steelers were a top 10 team and would win between 11-13 games.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am with Metsox on this one. You were pretty far off.
I had 4 pretty bad ones, with 2 of them caused by Ryan and Flacco, both of which were the unlikeliest of scenarios. Apart from that, the rest were at least close, with a couple dead on. I don't see how that's "horrible" or "pretty far off".

Quote:
Old 12-31-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no you were horribly off

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

delete this post.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 01-01-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll look for the threads later, but i called out Adrian Peterson's fumbling and David Garrard being the over-paid crappy quarterback he is. Save the "we have no WR's whining".
Crayton is so good, Jerrah brought in Roy Williams for an enormous price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Crayton is so good, Jerrah brought in Roy Williams for an enormous price!
I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, and i went back to see that i didn't have one single post in that Patrick Crayton thread, so i REALLY don't know what you're referring to.

It's funny though, you were one of the first ones to talk mess when i brought up Adrian Peterson's running, and now that he ended the year with nearly double-digit fumbles, you can't even admit you were wrong
Old 12-31-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the Browns falling on their faces and Anderson being a 1 year wonder. I didn't know it would be so fun to watch.

I also had the Ravens being a good team, but they exceded my expectations.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I had the Browns falling on their faces and Anderson being a 1 year wonder. I didn't know it would be so fun to watch.

I also had the Ravens being a good team, but they exceded my expectations.
Picking the browns to return to suckitude does not constitute a prediction.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Picking the browns to return to suckitude does not constitute a prediction.
Thats crap. Most people had them winning the North. They were every media outlets trendy pick.

The 2007 Browns rode an easy schedule to a 10-6 record. Anderson played poorly down the stretch.

With one of the hardest schedules in the league, Idk how more people didn't get the Browns collapse.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, and i went back to see that i didn't have one single post in that Patrick Crayton thread, so i REALLY don't know what you're referring to.

It's funny though, you were one of the first ones to talk mess when i brought up Adrian Peterson's running, and now that he ended the year with nearly double-digit fumbles, you can't even admit you were wrong
i never said his fumbling wasn't a problem, I said it wouldn't affect his running. I'm pretty sure his rushing title backs me.

But if I did say he wouldn't fumble too much than oh noez, I'm wrong!!!

And I will wait til after the playoffs to bring back the NFLDC power rankings #6 thread... :rolls eyes:
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i never said his fumbling wasn't a problem, I said it wouldn't affect his running. I'm pretty sure his rushing title backs me.

But if I did say he wouldn't fumble too much than oh noez, I'm wrong!!!

And I will wait til after the playoffs to bring back the NFLDC power rankings #6 thread... :rolls eyes:
Go ahead and bring it back to remind everyone where they put the Titans.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
no, I'm not gonna talk now. I'll wait for the playoffs haha.

and plus, I don't wanna even know where I put you guys, and for that I'm sorry haha.

and imagine where I woulda put you if I knew Collins would start what? 15 games of the season. oh god haha
Quote:
Old 12-31-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
WE all had Miami and Falcons as the two worse teams in the NFL. Ownage.