Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I laughed my ass off watching that video. I love Adrian.
I'm an eagles fan and I did too haha.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think Turner has a field day against Arizona. The Cards have not really impressed me all year.
We will see about that. Arizona has given up less than 4.0 YPC at home this year.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't see it in Arizona. I can't imagine not selling out a playoff game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And people say Philly has bad fans. The game in Philly would have been sold out 10 minutes after it would have gone on sale. Minnesota and Arizona should be ******* embarrassed.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ticket prices are getting crazy, but to not sell out a playoff game is ridiculous.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You won't hear me disagree. Some of our 'fans' suck major ass.

I don't believe it will blackout though. A sponsor will pick up any left over tickets.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
And people say Philly has bad fans. The game in Philly would have been sold out 10 minutes after it would have gone on sale. Minnesota and Arizona should be ******* embarrassed.
I don't think people ever doubted Philly fans loyalty. That's not why Philly fans are bad. They're bad because they're assholes.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf, the last time the Cardinals hosted a Playoff game at home?

1947, Chicago Cardinals :O

also the Cardinals only won 1 game against a Playoff contender, the Miami Dolphins

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 01-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
:(

I hope all the Chargers receivers trip on their deep pass attempts.
Yah it's no good, I tell you. No good.

Thought this was pretty funny:

How much does Darren Sproles continue to surprise you?

Norv: I haven't been surprised since the Detroit game a year ago. He's playing with such great confidence, and we have found ways to get him the ball. It's hard. I asked him about the touchdown (against Denver), 'Were they yelling screen?' He said, 'They yell screen every time I go in.'

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-02-2009 at 10:05 AM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
wtf, the last time the Cardinals hosted a Playoff game at home?

1947, Chicago Cardinals :O

also the Cardinals only won 1 game against a Playoff contender, the Miami Dolphins
Well just think 6 of their 9 wins came against the 49ers, Rams, and Seahawks.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Sure they'd go. But by the second quarter they would be booing McNabb and calling for Reid to be fired. All while throwing women down stairs and throwing batteries at opposing fans.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I don't think people ever doubted Philly fans loyalty. That's not why Philly fans are bad. They're bad because they're assholes.
I'd rather our fans be a bunch of assholes than "fans" who can't even sell out a playoff game.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Sure they'd go. But by the second quarter they would be booing McNabb and calling for Reid to be fired. All while throwing women down stairs and throwing batteries at opposing fans.
You're saying that as if Andy Reid doesn't deserve to be fired.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Cards got their game soldout. Viking got another extension to sell their seats.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Cards got their game soldout. Viking got another extension to sell their seats.
see this shouldn't even be in discussion, it should be a given.

I know for a fact the Jets playoffs tix were sold out MONTHS ago, and they're not even in it! pretty damn sad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got money on USC over Cleveland.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bout to go tailgate my head off, but just read about the full extent of LT's injury; torn groin tendon. Sigh. After looking so slick against Denver, it's sad for LT that he could possibly be kept out altogether. Here's to Rivers' arm and Sproles' legs and Vincent Jackson's ridiculousness. Drunk time.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless I've missed it, LDT hasn't been ruled out yet. He's still being termed a gametime decision, so we'll see. Just from hearing that injury, for a RB, I would think he would not play. But maybe it's such that he can.

My guess entering today was that LDT would be much closer to 100 percent than Antonio Gates would be, it could very well be the other way around.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats horrible news =\

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'd rather our fans be a bunch of assholes than "fans" who can't even sell out a playoff game.
This is all anyone needs to see.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That news about LT is not good for the Chargers. I still can't wait for the game though, Indy-SD is always a good one. I am really worried about San Diego next year when Merriman is back and the young guys have another year under their belts.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Abraham needs to play for us to have any chance at all. And yeah, Jamaal Anderson is hurting. Personally, I'm concerned from his safety. I'd be cool if he decided he wanted to rest up and just retire from professional football.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Cards over Falcons
The cards are a tough team at home and that D is a lot more resilient than people give them credit for. They're going to be psyched for this game and I expect a great showing. The falcons will move the ball and keep it close, but I like the cards to pull it out and develop momentum that'll make them dangerous next week as well.

Eagles over Vikings
I'd love to see Minny win and I do like their chances, I just have to stick with the Eagles and that D slowing AD enough for to pull of the win. Reid has his problems but his former OC Brad Childres is just a terrible in game coach when it comes to adjustments, which is why I think the Eagles pull it out in the second half, although i expect the vikings D to give McNabb and co problems.

Colts over Chargers
I like the colts d more than the chargers D and while Rivers is coming into his own as a top QB I still trust Peyton a lot more.

Miami over Baltimore
The Ravens D is nasty and they can run the ball well, but I think Harbaugh will struggle as a first time playoff coach, same for Flacco as a rookie QB. I know Sparano's a first time playoff HC also, but I think the Tuna will help Sparano out a lot and Chad will do enough for that O to move the ball. Defensively they'll giveflacco fits.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

List of inactives

Falcons: D.J. Shockley (third quarterback), CB Glenn Sharpe, CB Eric Brock, LB Tony Gilbert, T Wayne Gandy, C Alex Stepanovich, T Quinn Ojinnaka and DE Jamaal Anderson.

Cardinals: Brian St. Pierre (third quarterback), CB Eric Green, DE Travis LaBoy, T Elliot Vallejo, T Brandon Keith, DT Alan Branch, WR Early Doucet and TE Leonard Pope.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/03/bold...for-cardinals/
Old 01-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
List of inactives

Falcons: D.J. Shockley (third quarterback), CB Glenn Sharpe, CB Eric Brock, LB Tony Gilbert, T Wayne Gandy, C Alex Stepanovich, T Quinn Ojinnaka and DE Jamaal Anderson.

Cardinals: Brian St. Pierre (third quarterback), CB Eric Green, DE Travis LaBoy, T Elliot Vallejo, T Brandon Keith, DT Alan Branch, WR Early Doucet and TE Leonard Pope.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/03/bold...for-cardinals/
Sweet. Anderson is the only one of importance, and judging by his on-field performance, that's a stretch.