Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take a LB in round one I will be very surprised. FA will present the opportunity for us to sign a good FA LB. Two notable ones are Angelo Crowell and Channing Crowder. There are plenty of good depth guys available too. DE and Safety are just such huge needs for us I would be very surprised if we didn't address either of those positions in the first round.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really thought they were going to target a OLB in the 1st round of the draft. Now that they cut Weaver and dont have anyone worth starting they must of been really impressed with the DEs at the combine, unless they have someone in mind in free agency.

thank god sage is going to be gone. everytime he would come in the game i just knew he would blow the game with ints. not sure who they plan on getting to back up Matt.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Houstons Mock

Hi guys. I'm not a Texans fan, but I picked them to do a mock just to help out. Here's what I have so far...and I'm pretty pleased with myself. I wanted to come over here to see how actual fans of the teams feel about my picks.

Rd 1: Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
Rd 2: William Moore, S, Missouri
Rd 3: Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio State
Rd 4: Donald Brown, RB, UConn

Also, this is an ongoing draft, so regardless of how you like or dislike my picks so far...who would you want to finish out the draft (people or positions)?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True but if we had traded him at the beginning of the season, we would have gotten a third round pick or maybe even a second... DAMN...

I could see us trading down and taking Everette Brown. The FA DE market is not very good since teams put such a premium on pass rushers, so I doubt we adequately address that position during FA.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing that worries me about Brown is that the last time we took a D lineman from FSU in the 1st round it didnt work out to well.....
Old 02-25-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

TexasKing007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Donald Brown is around in the 4th round then I'll eat my shorts.

I will guarantee that he doesn't make it out of the 2nd.

2nd & 3rd round picks are good.

I'm not that high on Brown. Depending on who is available, I feel like the Texans have to try to trade back and get an extra mid round pick.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed on Donald Brown. I was shocked to see him still there.

Glad you like the middle picks. Those were the ones I was unsure of.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJMT They signed Patrick Ramsey to back up Matt.

I actually like Bulman, and see they're targeting Antonio Smith of the Cards. If we get Smith it will give us the best ability to take BPA when we pick which I think will be OLB. The talent of the DE's after Brown and Orakpo is comparable and I'm pretty sure that there'll be a good prospect in the second rd. (It feels great to see a second rd. pick again!) at DE. Unless Johnson blew people away in the interview I don't think we would take him in the first.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post

I actually like Bulman, and see they're targeting Antonio Smith of the Cards. If we get Smith it will give us the best ability to take BPA when we pick which I think will be OLB. The talent of the DE's after Brown and Orakpo is comparable and I'm pretty sure that there'll be a good prospect in the second rd. (It feels great to see a second rd. pick again!) at DE. Unless Johnson blew people away in the interview I don't think we would take him in the first.
Like you said, if we sign Smith, then we will most likely draft OLB.

Cushing might be available at #15.

We could trade up to get Curry, but I hope we don't

We could trade down and maybe get Mathews Jr. That is an interesting possibility.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
Hi guys. I'm not a Texans fan, but I picked them to do a mock just to help out. Here's what I have so far...and I'm pretty pleased with myself. I wanted to come over here to see how actual fans of the teams feel about my picks.

Rd 1: Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
Rd 2: William Moore, S, Missouri
Rd 3: Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio State
Rd 4: Donald Brown, RB, UConn

Also, this is an ongoing draft, so regardless of how you like or dislike my picks so far...who would you want to finish out the draft (people or positions)?
I like it.

I'd rather have Orakpo if he fell to #15.

Moore would be a great 2nd round pick.

Freeman is under rated.

Brown would be good. I like RB Cedric Peerman from Virginia as well.

Since we have another 4th, I'd take DB Donald Washington from Ohio st. if he was still available.

5th Roy Miller/Captain Munnerlyn.......Whichever one is available(???If either of them is available???Both could be long gone by the 5th. I have no idea.)

6th Alex Boone

7th QB Todd Boeckman Ohio st.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 03-01-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with both of you. If we can sign Smith OLB becomes the odds on favorite in the first round. That sounds good to me because I imagine that a linebacker will be able to contribute nicely from day one. Looking forward to seeing what this defense can do next season with more talent and under different leadership.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post

Im pretty sure that Ramsey left without a contract offer... They are bringing in Orlovsky for a 2 day visit. I would rather have Orlovsky over Ramsey but would like to see them brings Simms in for a visit.

The signing of Smith i guess puts us back at OLB in the draft. With us hiring Bruce Matthews as a assistant coach, it would be kinda cool to see us trade back a little bit and take his nephew.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, what? What about safety?

When you signed A. Smith the first thing I thought of was using your 2nd to move up for Malcolm Jenkins.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

When you signed A. Smith the first thing I thought of was using your 2nd to move up for Malcolm Jenkins.
Eugene Wilson played well for us last year and the FO seems content without elite talent at the S position. I also seriously doubt we move up in the draft. Now someone like Patrick Chung in the 2nd to pair with Wilson would be great. If Jenkins fell to 15 I wouldn't rule him out but which one of the two plays strong safety? OLB has a better chance to have good value at 15 than safety IMO.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:

Going 2 years in a row without a 2nd round pick, i dont think there is anyway we trade it away this year. Besides the Texans just dont trade up.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what about the possibility of Chris Wells at #15.

Rey Maualuga and move Ryans outside?

So it's Cushing, Sintim, or Maybin then?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
So what about the possibility of Chris Wells at #15.

Rey Maualuga and move Ryans outside?

So it's Cushing, Sintim, or Maybin then?
No chance Kubs would take a RB in the first round. I do believe one of our 4th round picks will be used for a RB.

I would leave Ryans where he is.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
RedLionAle
Rookie

RedLionAle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With Bruce Matthews being signed to the staff, I can see Clay Matthews become a clearer and clearer possibility...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Antonio Smith on board, that takes out DE as a 1st round choice. Maybe we take Malcolm Jenkins and start him at Safety?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
With Antonio Smith on board, that takes out DE as a 1st round choice. Maybe we take Malcolm Jenkins and start him at Safety?
Jenkins would be an excellent pick if he is still there at #15.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Texans will probably go Defensive Back or OLB in the first round and then it all depends on who else we sign in free agency.

1. OLB - Brian Cushing - USC
2. DE - Connor Barwin - UC
3. Safety - Chris Clemons - Clemson
4. DT - Roy Miller - Texas
4. WR - Demetrius Byrd - LSU
5. QB - Stephen McGee - Texas A&M
6. DE - Phillip Hunt - UH
7. OL - Louis Vasquez - TT
Old 03-02-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

Thanks for the replies.

- Orakpo was gone before the pick got to me. I was hoping I could make that home town pick.
- The first round pick was made on Feb 9th. I think Smith signed a couple days ago? Not sure. Agree that a re-do would result in a different position for Rd 1.
- TH, you really like those Buckeyes don't you :)?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I'd be fine if we took Cushing at #15.

I'd be cool too if the Texans traded down and took OLB Clay Matthews.

Heck, it would be fine if the Texans took Maualuga and moved Ryans to OLB.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) B. Cushing olb usc
versatile l.b. can play the strong or weakside...great in coverage, aggrssive on blitzes and strong in run support...your front 7 is becoming one of the best in the league but another playmaker is needed at linebacker to help ryans.

2) R. Johnson s alabama
athletic playmaker with great ballskills and hands is prime to take advantage of the mistakes the new look front 7 is sure to create...your defense is becoming scary good.

3) S. Greene r.b. iowa
rugged r.b. would be a great compliment to slaton and give the texans a great young thunder/lightning backfield.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read yall were bringing in kevin burnett for a picnic. I would sign him in a heartbeat. I love that guy. He made lots of plays. He does get dinged up fairly often, but when he is on...he is on.

If he signs, I would draft best player available or trade down. The Texans have really addressed their holes this year with solid players.

I am really excited about where this team is headed.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote