Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please take him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Shannahan to the Rams pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some reason they're looking at Todd Bowles and Ray Sherman. (The Rams) Sherman's not that bad of a choice, really though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Some reason they're looking at Todd Bowles and Ray Sherman. (The Rams) Sherman's not that bad of a choice, really though.
I DON'T WANT HIM!! I want Shannahan! I wouldn't be disappointed to see it go to Marshall Faulk. Maybe give Kirk Ferentz a chance. But neither if those guys sound good....
Old 01-01-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Who would you rather have?
Anyone, including the corpse of Art Shell.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Who would you rather have?
Spagnuolo, Schwartz, etc.

I want a defensive-minded Head Coach. The offense will take care of itself as long as we get a Quarterback (Stafford).
Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GM : DeCosta or Pioli

and lets hope he wants to bring in a new HC/DC.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 01-01-2009 at 02:31 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I DON'T WANT HIM!! I want Shannahan! I wouldn't be disappointed to see it go to Marshall Faulk. Maybe give Kirk Ferentz a chance. But neither if those guys sound good....
The only position Ferentz would leave for is Cleveland, because of personal ties.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting Shanahan to pick up on of the openings.

I think Spagnolo goes to the Jets, and if Pioli doesn't go to the Browns I see Mangini landing there.

I think the Lions are going to go after McDaniels and Garrett. For some reason I see them getting an offensive guy.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
GM : DeCosta or Pioli

and lets hope he wants to bring in a new HC/DC.
Sounds good make it happen.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see McDaniels in Denver

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no idea what Denver is going to do the last time they were looking for a HC I was 12 years old.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was 4!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Hopefully, they're interested in Garrett...wouldn't be too good for Cutler, though. If Garrett continues to call the plays. I'd guess that his brother, John, will be the O Coord., though. I just have my fingers crossed that someone takes him off our hands. I actually do like him as HC material just not a playcaller, not at all. But, he hasnt earned the right to unseat Wade here and I dont want him calling our plays...so yeah, someone needs to take him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-01-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm still hoping Coughlin retires after winning another superbowl and spags gets promoted while Killdrive takes the raiders job.

I'd hate to see him running the jets and our defendersreally love playing for the guy. I'd like to see us replace killdrive with cam cameron and have Sheridan take over DC under spags' tutelage.

Although coughlin won't leave now that the media's stopped harassing him and making his life miserable.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like that if Cleveland doesn't persuade Pioli then no one will.

I hope Mangini or Shanahan to Cleveland. Mangini is a good fit and has ties to the city; Shanahan is a great coach who can help us get some revenge on Denver.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just talking to my uncle, who lives in Denver area, and we were talking about the coaching job out there. I like McDaniels. If he can make/bring the system that Matt Cassel sucseeded in, then I think he can take Cutler up a notch. He has the weapons comparable to New England, and I think it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
It sounds like that if Cleveland doesn't persuade Pioli then no one will.
Could be but sounds like the Chiefs are going to do every thing in there power to get him.

That being said I don't think it will happen it just sounds to good to be true will have to wait and see.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I'm still hoping Coughlin retires after winning another superbowl and spags gets promoted while Killdrive takes the raiders job.
I don't actually think that Gilbride is going to get an offer from Al Davis. Al tends to treat coaching searches as a chance to poll people as to how they'd move forward with Oakland. I fully expect Cable to return as the head coach in Oakland, barring some huge name entering the picture.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what is gonna happen in Cleveland:

They hire Scott Pioli, he then hires his coaching candidate, probably Ferentz.

OR

They hire Eric Mangini and he picks a GM.

Lerner wants to have his GM and HC on the same page this time, Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel had to much disconnect and were at odds on a lot of personnel decisions. I would be very content with either course.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of disappointed that Millen is out in Detroit. He wanted Russ Grimm to coach DET really badly.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't actually think that Gilbride is going to get an offer from Al Davis. Al tends to treat coaching searches as a chance to poll people as to how they'd move forward with Oakland. I fully expect Cable to return as the head coach in Oakland, barring some huge name entering the picture.
Good job crushing my hopes for creative play calling. If we make another deep playoff run Gilbride will be in the running for some HC jobs and I just hope he is able to land one.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Here's two official predictions for me:

New York Jets: Steve Spagnuolo
Cleveland Browns: Eric Mangini
Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
too bad Pete Carroll isnt going back to the NFL anytime soon, let alone the Raiders. Carroll has made it very clear that he would need to be in full control of everything (GM,Coach etc.) because of how he got screwed the last time in the NFL. Pete has no intentions of leaving USC, hes doing just fine where hes at.

Pretty sure he was kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Flippityskip91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Here's two official predictions for me:

New York Jets: Steve Spagnuolo
Cleveland Browns: Eric Mangini
I'll second that Mangini to Cleveland prediction. Everything in the paper suggests that Lerner has a man-crush on him...not that I have a problem with that.
Flippityskip91 is offline   Reply With Quote