Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Scott Pioli is likely to be th Chiefs next GM from what reports are saying. If true, then KC will probably get Kirk Ferentz or Josh McDaniels, Kansas City 'cause everyone really thinks those 2 are frontrunners for whatever team hires Pioli.
I really hope it's Pioli and McDaniels
Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know the scoop on Winston Moss with the Rams? What's the deal with that HC job? Is Haslett looking like he's getting rid of that interim label?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Why would you say that?
hasn't done a good job developing them.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I expect Kansas City to finalize a deal for Scott Pioli in the next day or two, and then hire Kirk Ferentz as head coach. KC would be perfect for Ferentz, because it would allow his family to stay in Iowa City for the next year or two until his kids graduate and then come down to KC on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Developing who/what? Barnett is arguably a top 5 MLB when healthy, he's made the best out of the Chillar/Poppinga combo and AJ still needs work but to say he hasn't done a good job developing "them" is wrong. Bishop has come a long way from when he was drafted. Not to mention he's an assistant HC.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
I expect Kansas City to finalize a deal for Scott Pioli in the next day or two, and then hire Kirk Ferentz as head coach. KC would be perfect for Ferentz, because it would allow his family to stay in Iowa City for the next year or two until his kids graduate and then come down to KC on the weekends.
One son has 4 years left of college (playing years) and another has 2 years left in high school. Assuming the high schooler goes to Iowa, which is prolly a 99.99% probability, that is 6 more years of Iowa, 7 if his last son plays football.

Not to say that it won't happen, but does anyone expect Ferentz to last 7 years given the recent coaching records of college to NFL coaches?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer to stay away from college coaches myself
Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd prefer to stay away from college coaches myself
Please tell your owner this if he hires Pioli. Thank you.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

if I had Clark's number I would.I'd prefer Pioli+McDaniels
Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if I had Clark's number I would.I'd prefer Pioli+McDaniels
with thigpen thatd be nice
Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Even if he didn't do a damn thing developing players he's a valuable coach to have on the staff. His leadership and additude is something we need on the defensive side of the ball. He's going to be a head coach some day. I think it's too soon yet this year, but he'll get it eventually. Until then I'm more than happy to have him with the Packers.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
One son has 4 years left of college (playing years) and another has 2 years left in high school. Assuming the high schooler goes to Iowa, which is prolly a 99.99% probability, that is 6 more years of Iowa, 7 if his last son plays football.

Not to say that it won't happen, but does anyone expect Ferentz to last 7 years given the recent coaching records of college to NFL coaches?

If Ferentz left, I assume that his family would probably move after the high school kid graduates. Why would he go to Iowa? Also, the son currently playing for Iowa might leave if his dad is no longer the coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope it's Pioli and McDaniels
I would take that in a heart beat the only thing better IMO would be Pioli
and Shanahan.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard nothing about the interview with Pioli? Of course reports will say it went well.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would take that in a heart beat the only thing better IMO would be Pioli
and Shanahan.
sounds like a power struggle waiting to happen. with ferentz or mcdaniels the HC/GM would be on the same page.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mangini, Browns appear close to deal
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Garrett interviews for the Lions job after all...good news. Maybe Jerry told him to explore every option...fingers crossed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Developing who/what? Barnett is arguably a top 5 MLB when healthy, he's made the best out of the Chillar/Poppinga combo and AJ still needs work but to say he hasn't done a good job developing "them" is wrong. Bishop has come a long way from when he was drafted. Not to mention he's an assistant HC.
Until Barnett learns to get off blockers he will never be a top 5 MLB, oh the samething we have been saying about him for how many years now? I would take Ray Lewis, Patrick Wills, Jonthan Vilma, Brian Urlacher, Jon Beason, Kirk Morrison, and Barrett Ruud over Nick Barnett.

How is he getting the best out of Poppinga? He still terrible in coverage and everyone knew he was solid vs. the run and the same with Chillar. Chillar is solid vs. the pass but terrible vs. the run.

AJ isn't looking like what he was suppose to be

Bishop is terrible vs. the pass, we all saw that. He just solid hitter and vs. the run.

Moss may be a great to have on the sidelines on Sunday but as far as developing our linebacker core, he hasn't done it.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Cleveland Browns Head Coach: Eric Mangini
Oakland Raiders Head Coach: Tom Cable
St. Louis Rams Head Coach: Rex Ryan
New York Jets Head Coach: Steve Spagnuolo
Detroit Lions Head Coach: Jim Schwartz
Denver Broncos Head Coach: Jason Garrett
Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach: Josh McDaniels
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

reports are saying Pioli has been offered the Chiefs GM job
Old 01-08-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
If Ferentz left, I assume that his family would probably move after the high school kid graduates. Why would he go to Iowa? Also, the son currently playing for Iowa might leave if his dad is no longer the coach.
Ferentz has stated numerous times since 2002 that he wants to stay at Iowa until all of his children graduate from Iowa. His son just completed his RS Freshman season, he has a shot to make the starting rotation on OL next year, why would he leave/transfer if he has already used his RS, has a chance to see significant playing time, and is D1A capable of starting.

Steven, who is a freshman in HS (I was mistaken before), has 4 older siblings that either attended or attend Iowa (I believe), and his dad has been associated with the University for about 20 years. I would say there is a pretty good chance he goes to Iowa.