Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Davis just added

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787446

What do you guys think?

If it's to play RG, I'm really happy.....If it's for RT, I'm not happy or Not mad....
Old 03-04-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Davis' contract is expected to exceed the free agent deals of Bills guard Derrick Dockery (7 years, $49 million) and Browns guard Eric Steinbach (7 years, $49.5 million).

no way this part is true
Old 03-04-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm satisfied, I just hope Jerry hasn't throw a ton of money.. I want him to play guard, now we can finally generate some push in the middle..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"If davis is are RT

We must draft BOTH Blaylock and Rameriz to start next year.

Why?

Because to me it sure seems that Jerry wants that Big Overpowering Line with what we payed Gurode and the attention we are giving Davis.

So why not get Mauler's at every position and run it 40-50 times a game?

Just wear the defense's out. Make it plain and simple. We are going to run it and we dare you to stop it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kosier did a good job last year, but he is not a road-grader, so we must move on."

this was on a different forum...I must say, He may be Right
Old 03-04-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I'm satisfied, I just hope Jerry hasn't throw a ton of money.. I want him to play guard, now we can finally generate some push in the middle..
lol did u read the post above yours, I may hate the cowboys but for their sake hopefully that isn't true.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't afford to cut ties with Kosier. And if Columbo isn't back, Kosier might just play RT.

If he does get $50m, I'm am very surprised. I'm also not going to be happy if this signing makes it more difficult for us to bring Columbo back.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think our line would benefit from allowing Davis to play LG and moving Koiser to the right side. I know this might be getting repetive from me but point is...it would be so much easier to get a yard when your running behind 1000 lbs of lineman on the left side. This would also allow davis to get to the next level and allow koiser to pull, which is arguably when he is at his best, and kick out the DT. This just makes a lot of sense to me. I want to see it done.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I really think our line would benefit from allowing Davis to play LG and moving Koiser to the right side. I know this might be getting repetive from me but point is...it would be so much easier to get a yard when your running behind 1000 lbs of lineman on the left side. This would also allow davis to get to the next level and allow koiser to pull, which is arguably when he is at his best, and kick out the DT. This just makes a lot of sense to me. I want to see it done.
I like your thinking, + rep for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Yo, is it offical yet? I can't find any links......
Old 03-04-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, this does not make me very happy. I have seen nothing out of him that makes me think he deserves a big time contract. If it is somewhere in the 3-4mil per season range, then I'm not too upset, but if it's a big time money contract, I will be very pissed off.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ****! 7 years, 49.6mil with 18.75mil guaranteed according to espn.com.....this is devastating. Please, someone say it's not true.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

DMW your back!!!!!!!!!

But you shouldn't be pissed, you should be happy. Leonard Davis is a pro-bowl caliber lineman. He was probably tired of losing in Arizona. Look at Thomas Jones, Bernard Berry, and Simeon Rice, all players who blossomed after leaving Arizona, where they were labeled as high draft pick busts, like D-Unit mentioned. I expect the same out Leonard Davis. He will be a pro-bowl STARTER in 2007, mark it down. Now if we get Colombo done, and draft another lineman on day 1, we are SB bound BABY!!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
holy ****! 7 years, 49.6mil with 18.75mil guaranteed according to espn.com.....this is devastating. Please, someone say it's not true.

A little under 20 mill for 7 years isn't bad. I wonder how much he got up front.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Now get Colombo done.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin' It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Contract!!! Way better than I had imagined. We're talking about a guy that can play OT in a snap! We got a steal!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. He better be our RG. I don't want a whole bunch of switching and flip-flopping of positions on the O-line to be honest. Now does this effect dealing with Colombo any. I mean think of this:

LT: Flozell Adams
LG: Kyle Kosier
C: Andre Gurode
RG: Leonard Davis
RT: Marc Colombo
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin' It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Contract!!! Way better than I had imagined. We're talking about a guy that can play OT in a snap! We got a steal!
was that sarcasm?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another option:

LT Flozell Adams
LG Kyle Kosier
C Andre Gurode
RG Marco Rivera
RT Leonard Davis
Old 03-04-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
was that sarcasm?
Most certainly not. Davis was my #1 FA target when FA opened.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why do you guys like the contract so much? You do realize he got more guaranteed money than the three other guards don't you?

I just hate how much above average guards are getting this year.

I'm hoping he gets the bulk of his signing bonus during the first three years so we won't still be taking cap hits years after he's gone.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Another option:

LT Flozell Adams
LG Kyle Kosier
C Andre Gurode
RG Marco Rivera
RT Leonard Davis
::Insert crying Smiley here::

Do you really think Marco should be back.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

This might seem like an odd question, but just hear me out:

HAVE YOU GUYS LOST YOUR MINDS!?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Why do you guys like the contract so much? You do realize he got more guaranteed money than the three other guards don't you?

I just hate how much above average guards are getting this year.

I'm hoping he gets the bulk of his signing bonus during the first three years so we won't still be taking cap hits years after he's gone.
He only got $100,000 more. If you wanna get technical, you're right... He got more. It's basically on par with the rest of the market.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
This might seem like an odd question, but just hear me out:

HAVE YOU GUYS LOST YOUR MINDS!?
Do you just not like the signing because of the money? Or do you not like him as a player?

The money is the market rate. If you don't like him as a Guard, then we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's crazy to want a guy like him to play Guard. If not him, who do you prefer?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

He is a great player when he wants to be, and he will blossom in Dallas. He will only IMPROVE our o-line. Now if we get Colombo done, I will scream like a little girl.

Here is the official article of the signing:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...E93F54D851A423

(Note: Spagnola mentioned the deal to Colombo is still on the table)