Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colts Chargers analysis

I make this because this game has left me traumatized.

1) Why? Why why why why WHY on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line was Indy in an empty shotgun set. If they convert, San Diego (without timeouts) is done and the game is over. With no runningback in the backfield and therefore no threat of the run, the colts' play was predictable. I love Peyton and to me he is the greatest to ever play, but for the love of god cant understand why they didnt have a RB in the backfield. They had just gained 6 yards on a run before, getting two yards even with a piss poor running game seems likely.

2) Antonio Gates exists. He is not imaginary. This is a true story. SO ******* COVER HIM. They stopped the deep ball well but kept giving up the underneath where the guy would catch it, then run for the first. A couple of plays showed that the defense was intimidated, where Gates got stood up by a defender or two, but another Colt near by just stood there and did nothing as Gates pushed the pile for the first.

3) Tomlinson should not have dressed at all. It was stupid for him to risk severe injury when he could barely hobble around the field. The reason he dressed? The media ripped him last year for not playing through an injury against the Pats, and he didnt want to deal with it again. On his first run of the game, he was limping and clearly at half speed and in serious pain.

4) Freeney looked good last night. He put a lot of pressure on Rivers and made him uncomfortable a lot of the night. Didnt look so hot in the run game but thats not his calling card. Feel the need to point out his success due to the fact that Madden never seemed to acknowledge Freeney outside of the obligatory hes really good and him vs mcneil is a good matchup. Felt like he didnt get the as much credit as he deserved yesterday is all really.

Thoughts? Anything you noticed?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Antoine Bethea is not good enough to allow Bob Sanders to roam.

I love the SS position. It is one of my favorite positions in the NFL, and even my username is named after SS Chris Hope of the Titans. Naturally, I love players like Polamalu and Bob Sanders cuz of what they can do for their teams. But, in order for them to be able to do those things, there is a chance that the team will be liable in some ways - especially on the big play. But, you take that chance cuz of the chance you have at a big play. In Pittsburgh, Chris Hope played FS and Polamalu played SS. Polamalu was hailed as the best S on the team, and he was, but Hope gave the Steelers the ability to move Polamalu around freely. Bethea simply is not the player Hope is, which means if the Colts put Sanders in the box, they run the chance of Bethea missing a play and it costing them. Last night, it cost them. Prime example is on the last play of the game. Sanders was in the box, and the Chargers ran to the left away from him. Sproles turned the corner, had Bethea to beat, and made him look silly.

2) Clint Sessions is hit or miss.

He looks out of position, in both ways. They need to put him in the position to do what he does best. He's aggressive, but for every big play he made, another he was out of position for. He looks like a great young player though, and is my favorite out of their young corps of Sessions, Tyjuan Hagler, and Freddy Keiaho. I just wish they would utilize him where he can make plays and be aggressive. Indy's DEF runs on energy guys like Bob Sanders - Add another guy like that in Sessions. He's not a MLB in the Tampa 2, as he's best when he moves toward the ball and not down the middle of the field. WLB or SLB? I say WLB where he can be best in the position to be a playmaker in the LB corps. You have the playmaking DE's. You have the playmaking SS. Finish the trifecta!

Those are the two big things I noticed.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers need to lock up Sproles and kick out LT.

Ladanian Tomlinson. A once great back and league MVP who is now coming off of career lows in several significant categories, is on the wrong side of 30, and has been injured during the playoffs two years in a row.

I think its time that the Chargers let him go.

Lets think about this for a second.....a groin injury? Are you serious? Your team is in the NFL playoffs attempting to win a freakin championship, and you sit out because of a groin injury?????

Anyone who thinks this guy is still an all time great has to be joking...

Look at some of the greatest players to never win rings. Do you think a groin injury would have kept Dan Marino on the sidelines of a playoff game? Hell no....I have a feeling that if he could stand and throw, he'd be in that game. Do you think Barry Sanders would have sat out that game? I don't...he'd have been in there running as hard as he could.

The only saving grace here is that Sproles played well enough for the Chargers to win that game. Had they lost, I would have been absolutely FURIOUS as a Chargers fan.

Last year LT sat out with a sprain while Phillip Rivers was in there, playing his guts out on a TORN FREAKING ACL. And this year its a groin injury....uggghhh. Shoot that up with painkillers and get your ass back out there.

Like I said, thank god for Sproles. If I were the Chargers, after seeing Michael Turner burn me last year after letting him go, I'd extend Sproles and try to trade LT for anything I could get for him. Move forward with Spoles and Jacob Hester.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you kick out LT? That is ******* stupid. Just because hes not the same player as he was doesn't mean you kick him to the curb. Sproles would be much less effective as a one man show, and lets face it, why would a team risk losing a guy like LT to replace him with a question mark? This isn't some piece of **** team like the Falcons were last year.

Sproles is a highly explosive multi-dimensional threat. He isn't a running back, he is a play maker. You don't make a guy like Sproles be something that he isn't and can't handle. There is a reason why he was seldom used coming out of college and took a long time to see any significant touches.

The Bolts won't drop LT until he is playing like **** when he is healthy. LT is more than a player for that team. He is their star player and team's icon. You're going to have a lot of really pissed off fans if their favourite player gets cut in favor of a 5'6, 180 pound stick of dynamite who won't hold up over the season if he's given a large slate of work.

Comparing Turner to Sproles is just stupid. Their style of play are entirely different to the point that they almost play different positions on the field.

Yes, the Bolts should definitely lock Sproles up for a few more years.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Why would you kick out LT? That is ******* stupid. Just because hes not the same player as he was doesn't mean you kick him to the curb. Sproles would be much less effective as a one man show, and lets face it, why would a team risk losing a guy like LT to replace him with a question mark? This isn't some piece of **** team like the Falcons were last year.

Sproles is a highly explosive multi-dimensional threat. He isn't a running back, he is a play maker. You don't make a guy like Sproles be something that he isn't and can't handle. There is a reason why he was seldom used coming out of college and took a long time to see any significant touches.

The Bolts won't drop LT until he is playing like **** when he is healthy. LT is more than a player for that team. He is their star player and team's icon. You're going to have a lot of really pissed off fans if their favourite player gets cut in favor of a 5'6, 180 pound stick of dynamite who won't hold up over the season if he's given a large slate of work.

Comparing Turner to Sproles is just stupid. Their style of play are entirely different to the point that they almost play different positions on the field.

Yes, the Bolts should definitely lock Sproles up for a few more years.
Perhaps its overreacting, but damn....

Sproles won that game for the Bolts while LT was watching on his Vizio. All time great icons of their teams don't pull that ****....especially not two years in a row. No sense in having the guy (and paying him all that money) if your not going to have him during the most important games of the year.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you suggesting that LT is a *****? I'm pretty sure the ONLY reason that he even played in that game was because of all the people calling him a ***** last year when he missed most of the New England game. If he didn't have something to try and prove I very much doubt that he would have even played in that game.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Baron here, the last two years the most productive thing weve seen from LT is him whining or crying, half joking. I understand he wants to leave the game of football healthy but you only get a few chances to win a Superbowl. Lt is the face of the franchise (and Rivers), he needs to step up when it counts, not just in the regular season. Maybe im being extra harsh on Lt because of how much the guys personality annoys me, but I see this as whimping out on his part for the second straight year.

EDIT: I called the Bolts over the Colts weeks ago, yay for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-04-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things i noticed:

The Chargers really miss Shawn Merriman, most of what the Colts accomplished came against his replacement, who was atrocius.

Indy thought it could take advantage of Eric Weddle by creating matchups they thought he couldnt handle. They thought wrong.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, BeerBaron, I gotta say I think you're seriously overreacting. LT didn't play through a groin injury because he's a running back. He couldn't make his cuts. Guess what, injuries happen! 2008 LT was injured. Against Denver less than a week ago he was showing jukes and cuts that would turn a normal human being to dust.

Next year he'll have fought through this and will be embarrassing all these naysayers, who I swear to god have never seen an injured running back before.

Of course I hope we lock up Sproles, he is a lightning bolt. But LT has a lot of gas in the tank still. Injuries are flukey.

About the actual game...Chargers missed a lot of opportunities to put the game away early; the fumble just before half, Sproles' goal line fumble, Rivers' end zone interception. It didn't need to come down to a heart attack, but screaming in that stadium, it was worth it.

Mike Scifres had the best game a punter could ever have. Was that the best punter performance ever? Certainly the best I've seen.

Eric Weddle looked slick, and in general the Charger D answered the bell like I never imagined they would. I think you have to say Stephen Cooper won his chess match with Peyton.

I did, however, imagine Clary and McNeill getting toasted. Dang guys...watch a little more film please. Or eat your wheaties. The Colts pass rush was dominant.

Rivers made enough plays to win, converting some key 3rd and longs and taking advantage of some short fields. Not to mention an all heart type of scramble on 3rd and 13.

All in all, a great game just like everyone was expecting. Happy for my team to be moving on with a ton of momentum; forget 8-8, try 1-0 on for size.

and just because I can't resist...Take a hike Peyton!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Wow, BeerBaron, I gotta say I think you're seriously overreacting. LT didn't play through a groin injury because he's a running back. He couldn't make his cuts. Guess what, injuries happen! 2008 LT was injured. Against Denver less than a week ago he was showing jukes and cuts that would turn a normal human being to dust.

Next year he'll have fought through this and will be embarrassing all these naysayers, who I swear to god have never seen an injured running back before.

Of course I hope we lock up Sproles, he is a lightning bolt. But LT has a lot of gas in the tank still. Injuries are flukey.

About the actual game...Chargers missed a lot of opportunities to put the game away early; the fumble just before half, Sproles' goal line fumble, Rivers' end zone interception. It didn't need to come down to a heart attack, but screaming in that stadium, it was worth it.

Mike Scifres had the best game a punter could ever have. Was that the best punter performance ever? Certainly the best I've seen.

Eric Weddle looked slick, and in general the Charger D answered the bell like I never imagined they would. I think you have to say Stephen Cooper won his chess match with Peyton.

I did, however, imagine Clary and McNeill getting toasted. Dang guys...watch a little more film please. Or eat your wheaties. The Colts pass rush was dominant.

Rivers made enough plays to win, converting some key 3rd and longs and taking advantage of some short fields. Not to mention an all heart type of scramble on 3rd and 13.

All in all, a great game just like everyone was expecting. Happy for my team to be moving on with a ton of momentum; forget 8-8, try 1-0 on for size.

and just because I can't resist...Take a hike Peyton!
Alright, I'll take it from a Chargers fan and shut up about LT.

By I still stand by my point that if my team's franchise player missed an important post season game 2 years running with minor nagging injuries, I'd be more than a little pissed off. Something like a blown out knee or something, yeah, that just sucks. But sprains and pulls? c'mon...be a man, shoot it up with painkillers, and go earn your money.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thirty year old RBs who have lost it don't get it back. Tomlinson may be able to play at a solid level for a few more years, but he's never going to regain his old form.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just cut and paste what I put in the Team Forum.

The whole playoff season is ruined for me.

I'm not mad, well yes I am obviously, but it was a different feeling this year as opposed to the last few playoff losses. It was almost a point beyond anger. Like been there, done that, what else is new? Peyton, Gonzo, Mathis, Freeney, Wayne and Jennings did a good job last night. Others had great games but made critical mistakes like Clint Session.

I don't believe in singling out players at all. Team wins. Team loses. But Bethea is not a bad safety, but he's dreadfully out of position. He's Idrees Bashir with more talent. He won't be able to work here, and I bid him well but please cut your losses BP.

Joseph Addai. The OL wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but why are the Colts running him up the middle? I guess the Stretch play wouldn't work as well last night? His job could be in jeopardy given his injury history, am I right in believing that? Or am I just in shock about the game?

It's funny that we, fans, have the fastest defense in the league but get burned by a speedy, change of pace back. I hate it, but I usually understand when the big backs destroy our defense. It's quite to be expected. But blech. If Ed Johnson weren't an idiot, who knows what would've happened. Keyunta and Eric Foster are high-energy guys, don't get me wrong and belong on this team, but wouldn't it be nice to have a big guy again?

Jeff Saturday is in his last season of his contract. What to do with him?

But to add on from that post Gary Brackett was missed a lot as well. While he's not the world's best coverage LB'er, he would've at least been near Gates as opposed to him being wide open. Hagler is an athlete but not a MIKE or whomever was filling in.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Alright, I'll take it from a Chargers fan and shut up about LT.

By I still stand by my point that if my team's franchise player missed an important post season game 2 years running with minor nagging injuries, I'd be more than a little pissed off. Something like a blown out knee or something, yeah, that just sucks. But sprains and pulls? c'mon...be a man, shoot it up with painkillers, and go earn your money.
:D

You think I'm not pissed off? I'm furious that LT is once again hurt at the most inopportune time possible. Your points are totally legit. Where we differ is reaction.

LT did take the shot. He tried to play and couldn't go. The reports still haven't been totally confirmed as to what is going on with the groin.

Remember, before the AFC championship game last year Rivers was fine, his knee might have been sprained. After? Torn ACL. The playoffs are still going on, so the mindgame continues.

I just don't see this ordeal as something reflects on LT's toughness. Running backs shouldn't go when they won't be effective, especially when their backups works a second job impersonating Jesus. It's probably worth noting that Sproles is so effective because he's tiny enough to fit through the pathetically small holes our O-line opens up in the running game, and LT is not.

LT already showed in the last few weeks of the regular season that he's still a playmaker, finally looking like he wasn't injured. This setback is really lame, and horrifically timed, but it's not enough for me to send him out of town.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
:D

You think I'm not pissed off? I'm furious that LT is once again hurt at the most inopportune time possible. Your points are totally legit. Where we differ is reaction.

LT did take the shot. He tried to play and couldn't go. The reports still haven't been totally confirmed as to what is going on with the groin.

Remember, before the AFC championship game last year Rivers was fine, his knee might have been sprained. After? Torn ACL. The playoffs are still going on, so the mindgame continues.

I just don't see this ordeal as something reflects on LT's toughness. Running backs shouldn't go when they won't be effective, especially when their backups works a second job impersonating Jesus. It's probably worth noting that Sproles is so effective because he's tiny enough to fit through the pathetically small holes our O-line opens up in the running game, and LT is not.

LT already showed in the last few weeks of the regular season that he's still a playmaker, finally looking like he wasn't injured. This setback is really lame, and horrifically timed, but it's not enough for me to send him out of town.
Well, if LT was 25 and played like a stud right up until this point, I wouldn't be at all pissed at him. Unfortunate, yes, but everyones going to get hurt.

But thats not the case, like I said, he's on the wrong side of 30 coming off of career lows and just missed essentially his 2nd straight postseason game with a nagging type injury. Not to mention he's rather highly paid...Maybe you give him another year but much more of this and he won't be worth his contract.

I really liked Sproles though. I have been liking Sproles for much of this season. I'd be going to great lengths to ensure he's locked up for a few years. Great compliment to LT if he ever gets healthy and I think he proved that he can go out and be an every down back if called upon.

If the Chargers don't lock him up I think he could be a great FA steal this year. His size will turn some teams off and drive down his price, but he could be a stud in the right situation.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lets think about this for a second.....a groin injury? Are you serious? Your team is in the NFL playoffs attempting to win a freakin championship, and you sit out because of a groin injury?????
..... Really? You go try and play football in the NFL with a tear in your groin and see how effective you are.

Some people really love to try coming off as hard asses on message boards but I really don't think they have ANY idea what they are really saying.

BTW not trying to take a shot at you or anything I just don't agree with what you said ;)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
..... Really? You go try and play football in the NFL with a tear in your groin and see how effective you are.

Some people really love to try coming off as hard asses on message boards but I really don't think they have ANY idea what they are really saying.
Ooooo....a personal attack. Maybe not...oh well.

I'm pretty sure his QB played last year with a shredded knee.....say all you want about QB being different but thats an injury that makes it so some people can't even walk, much less play football.

And get this, he stayed in uniform. What was that about? If he was in that much pain he would have been in street clothes on the bench, not in uniform standing around or riding a stationary bike. If Sproles had went down or become ineffective, would LT have gone back in? Thats not injured then...thats being a pansie.

And I already backed off a little. Way to read my first post but not my 2nd or 3rd....
Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BeerBaron so you watch one playoff game and just make an assumption that hey LT sits out another playoff game just get rid of that old 29 year old runningback. You do realize that he had a torn groin and he still tries to play. How effective can he be when he says its hurting him, you can tell by the way he was running that he wasnt the same. Know the injury before you go posting away about something.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've played soccer with a pulled groin with no painkillers, hurt like anything, but you do what you gotta do, I'm with BB on this one.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
BeerBaron so you watch one playoff game and just make an assumption that hey LT sits out another playoff game just get rid of that old 29 year old runningback. You do realize that he had a torn groin and he still tries to play. How effective can he be when he says its hurting him, you can tell by the way he was running that he wasnt the same. Know the injury before you go posting away about something.
Why was he still in uniform. Would have come back in if Sproles had gotten hurt or become ineffective? If it was that bad he should have been in street clothes on the bench and not riding a stationary bike or standing around.

And people, start reading through the whole thread...I've said much more since that first post.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why was he still in uniform. Would have come back in if Sproles had gotten hurt or become ineffective? If it was that bad he should have been in street clothes on the bench and not riding a stationary bike or standing around.

And people, start reading through the whole thread...I've said much more since that first post.
Thats why Bennett was playing....people overreact way too much when LT is not playing in a playoff game.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

To the poster suggesting Scifres has the best day a punter has ever had. I'd put Tood Sauerbrun in the Super Bowl for the Panthers well above yesterday's performance. For most of that game he was the MVP consistently bailing the Panthers out and punting out of his own end zone.

Too bad hes an ass hole...
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I've played soccer with a pulled groin with no painkillers, hurt like anything, but you do what you gotta do, I'm with BB on this one.
THIS IS FOOTBALL

Just thought I'd point out the obvious here...
Old 01-04-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
THIS IS FOOTBALL

Just thought I'd point out the obvious here...
Yeah, but you still have to run and cut, and kick..... I know it's not the same but come on, in the playoffs take an injection and get on with it.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

It was a torn tendon not a pulled groin......

Old 01-04-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And I already backed off a little. Way to read my first post but not my 2nd or 3rd....
I read them :)

I didn't mean for it to come off as an attack but I know it probably did.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote