Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Marion Barber

I was wondering if you guys think he can handle the full NFL load as a starting tailback? What are his strenghts and weaknesses? What round draft pick do you think he is worth?
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off is he a starting Running back yes, although if JJ stays he will split carries. Second off he isn't going anywhere if the Boys trade anyone it will be Julius but that is also unlikely. Barber is a very hard runner while Jones is a more patient runner, and as he showed this year Barber is a true redzone threat. Could he handle the load himself and stay durable, there is nothing to say otherwise but having shared time with Maroney at Minnesota and JJ in Dallas he hasn't proved that yet. But the Cowboys are better off keeping the two back system IMO.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Julius is a "patient" runner. Does running into the back of the pile make you patient?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the skin is right. barber and jones are better because the other one is here. neither one would be as effective with 20+ carries, IMO.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So Barber + a speed option back would work well. He's got good hands out of the backfield and blocks well right?

Do you think he'd be worth a 4th rounder? Less? More?
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Barber is too slow to be a starting running back hes more of a power back
Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

put it this way...rumor has it McGahee is on the market for a first day pick. So far, no movement. So if McGahee is being shopped for a 3rd....Barber would MAYBE be worth a 5th.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber has splitting time for quite a while now. Even at Minnesota he split time with Maroney. So no I don't think you can just throw him in there full-time.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
put it this way...rumor has it McGahee is on the market for a first day pick. So far, no movement. So if McGahee is being shopped for a 3rd....Barber would MAYBE be worth a 5th.
peronaly i dont think any RB is worth a first round pick there two easy to replace
Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Barber gets more carries than Jones this year. I still think we should split the carries, but Barber really should get the majority IMO.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlayson56 View Post
peronaly i dont think any RB is worth a first round pick there two easy to replace
I don't know that I would say no RB is worth a first rounder, but I would agree that you can find more than servicable RBs in the 3rd and later.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im no huge fan of the "work" JJ has done since drafting him instead of Steven Jackson. However, after JJ got his 1000 yard season and Barber got his TD's I think what we have in place will be fine for a long while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put it this way...he has move value to the cowboys than he would to any other team. He was a 4th round pick and has only improved his value to the Cowboys. No team would give up a 1st day pick for him...so talk about him moving is funny.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i still think about how we could of, and should of had steven jackson....although he would stop barber from seeing the field as much, jackson was too good to pass on for jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlayson56 View Post
Barber is too slow to be a starting running back hes more of a power back
I don't think BArber is slow at all. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but linear speed is overrated for RBs.

And he ran in the 4.4s at the combine. I don't think he is "slow" in any way.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has only been a moment when I have hated Bill Parcells and that was when we passed on Steven Jackson. That whole draft day was a complete disaster.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't think BArber is slow at all. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but linear speed is overrated for RBs.

And he ran in the 4.4s at the combine. I don't think he is "slow" in any way.
Correct, Barber ran a 4.48, that is solid speed for a RB. Faster than Marshawn Lynch. Barber is a complete, all around back. He has speed, you just don't think he does. He blocks well, catches well, obiously is a great power running, and his speed is adaquete.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Here's why I like Jones better than Barber:

-I think Jones can be a top back in this league. He has the speed, quickness, and agility. He needs to get his vision back, and be a little more creative with his running. He also needs to hit the hole harder. I think that a new coach and new scheme may be able to change that.

-I think Barber is a solid runner, but does not have the potential to be an elite back, or a game-breaking back. Teams will not go into games fearing Marion Barber III, unless we get the ball inside their 20 every possession. He simply does not have the "it" to take over a game like the elite backs in this league do.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

And JJ has shown on more than one occasion the ability to take over a game.

The fact of the matter is, our 2 back system has worked really well. I just don't understand why so many folks want to jack with it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There has only been a moment when I have hated Bill Parcells and that was when we passed on Steven Jackson. That whole draft day was a complete disaster.
I disagree Jacob rogers became a goo...umm Stephen Peterman is a stu... We got Marcus Spears out of the trade and he been playing gre... well Julius had 1000yd season.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote