Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
what pittburgh post????
Read this, try to keep in mind the Steelers won by a single point on a last second field goal.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09005/939647-87.stm

Ravens rematch ahead
Monday, January 05, 2009
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

At the risk of violating Mike Tomlin's most sacred rule -- sorry, coach -- let's look ahead and ponder a couple of delicious questions:

How would you like another Steelers-Baltimore Ravens matchup at Heinz Field in the AFC championship game Jan. 18?

And:

Are you ready for a little more bounty talk and Spitgate revisited?

It's going to happen.

Write it down.

Wild-card weekend couldn't have turned out much better for the Steelers. Because of the results, they get a relatively weak opponent -- the San Diego Chargers -- at home Sunday in their first playoff game and won't have to go to Tennessee for the AFC title game. The Baltimore Ravens are going to take out the Titans Saturday.

Write that down, too.

The Chargers did the Steelers a favor Saturday by beating the dangerous Indianapolis Colts, 23-17, in overtime, thanks, in large part, to two defensive holding penalties and a facemask personal foul against the Colts on the Chargers' winning drive. Better that the Chargers come to Heinz Field -- especially if injured star running back LaDainian Tomlinson can't play -- than the Colts with the great Peyton Manning.

Then yesterday, the Ravens embarrassed the overmatched Miami Dolphins, 27-9. Clearly, they are better right now than the AFC's top-seeded Titans. Heck, they just might be good enough to beat the Steelers at Heinz Field, but who wants to waste time worrying about that now?

I'm going to cite Tomlin's don't-look-ahead rule on that one.

You can argue a home game Sunday against the Dolphins would have been the Steelers' easiest path to the conference championship game, and I won't disagree. The Dolphins were the worst of the AFC teams playing this past weekend. We also lose a little entertainment value with the Chargers as the opponent. It would have been great fun watching Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter squawking at Ben Roethlisberger and Willie Parker.

Oh, well.

What's important is that the Chargers also are a lesser team than the Steelers. They were an 8-8 club that made the playoffs only because the Denver Broncos gagged down the stretch. I don't buy that they're hot at the right time with five consecutive wins. I might buy it if Tomlinson were healthy, but he left the Colts game early with what appears to be a serious groin injury. It's hard to imagine backup Darren Sproles running for 100 yards against the Steelers the way he did against the Colts. Certainly, there's no way he gets 178 yards in kickoff and punt return yardage against the Steelers' coverage units.

Philip Rivers is a fine quarterback, better than fine if you look at his NFL-best 105.5 passer rating and 34 touchdown passes. But he struggled big-time in an 11-10 loss to the Steelers at Heinz Field Nov. 16. Steelers safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison had interceptions and Harrison sacked Rivers for a safety. Rivers' passer rating was a season-low 44.4. It didn't help that, even with Tomlinson, the Chargers rushed for just 66 yards.

The Steelers, meanwhile, had one of their better offensive days, although you wouldn't know it by the score. They had the ball for a season-best 36 minutes, 31 seconds. Roethlisberger threw for 308 yards with no interceptions. Parker ran for 115 yards on 25 carries. Wide receiver Hines Ward had 11 catches for 124 yards. Blame the Steelers' season-high 13 penalties for 115 yards and tip your hat to the Chargers for keeping the outcome in doubt by sacking Roethlisberger four times and stopping running back Mewelde Moore on fourth-and-goal at the San Diego 1. But the Chargers won't be able to survive that kind of domination Sunday.

So, as long as the game doesn't come down to the punters ...

Did you see the way the Chargers' Mike Scifres kept pinning back the Colts?

I'll still take the Steelers despite Scifres' edge over Mitch Berger.

Here's one final thing to write down:

This isn't the last time you'll be seeing Berger's name in the paper. He'll be front and center in the news when the Steelers and Ravens play in the AFC championship game because he accused the Ravens' Frank Walker of spitting in his face in their game in Baltimore Dec. 14. So will Ward, the object of any number of bounties over the years by the Ravens players.

I can hardly wait.

Sorry, coach Tomlin.

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-08-2009 at 04:00 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea thats dumb to say i can only hope that were in the AFCC game and so can the steelers because its a whole new season once the playoffs start. regular season records dont mean nothing but home field. **** it can be the titans and the chargers but we will see
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea thats dumb to say i can only hope that were in the AFCC game and so can the steelers because its a whole new season once the playoffs start. regular season records dont mean nothing but home field. **** it can be the titans and the chargers but we will see
Yah I'm rooting for Ravens/Bolts myself. The idea of a 2nd home playoff game after an 8-8 year tickles me.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea if my team has to go to San Diego to play you guys i will be disgusted.
i know i said its a whole new season but 8-8 and 2home games thats just not right lol but hey i guess it doesn't matter how you got there as long as you get there
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 01-08-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yea if my team has to go to San Diego to play you guys i will be disgusted.
i know i said its a whole new season but 8-8 and 2home games thats just not right lol but hey i guess it doesn't matter how you got there as long as you get there
Haha, yeah if it happens it's a travesty and probably some great ammo for a seeding argument (nooooo division rivalries are delicious this is a flukey year!), but I'll still be there screaming my head off.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

AJ Smith is NOT happy Ladainian told the world about his injury. you know how I can tell?

“I don't discuss (injuries),” Smith said. “Any medical information you may want on LT from our organization will come from our head coach and (public relations director) Bill Johnston.

“If you would like additional injury updates, I suggest you contact LT, his agent Tom Condon and (ESPN's) Chris Mortensen.”

O.Dang. It wasn't until I read that that I realized the table really could be set for Sproles>LT.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Think of it this way, without the haters we're one and done in the playoffs last year. This team needs to feel disrespected to play their best ball. So my philosophy on the haters is the more the merrier (and the better our boys play)

the giants suck and are bad!!! all of them should shoot their own legs!!!!

(just trying to help the cause)
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More playoff football today. I know I can't wait for gametime to roll around.

The Steelers having the last game of the weekend is killing me. I'm getting more nervous for this game by the minute. Something about this Chargers team really scares me.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

The Steelers having the last game of the weekend is killing me. I'm getting more nervous for this game by the minute. Something about this Chargers team really scares me.
i feel the same way about the titans im getting nervous because IMO the ravens have to do more to win this game (i think titans are the better team)
I dont know what to do these next couple hours

John Wall
Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i feel the same way about the titans im getting nervous because IMO the ravens have to do more to win this game (i think titans are the better team)
I dont know what to do these next couple hours
RWO are you surprised that nobody is picking the titans in this game? I mean your defense is amazing (ours is slightly worse but still top 5) but then offensively we have the experienced leader and the higher threat running game. Yet everyone thinks we are going to fall flat on our faces. Itll be a hard fought match, but i think tennessee can win as long as we play solid football. funny how the number 1 seeds are the total underdogs.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

That feeling you're having is just what happens when you see a great matchup in playoff football. It's why the NFL is officially the best sport. Do or die.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
RWO are you surprised that nobody is picking the titans in this game? I mean your defense is amazing (ours is slightly worse but still top 5) but then offensively we have the experienced leader and the higher threat running game. Yet everyone thinks we are going to fall flat on our faces. Itll be a hard fought match, but i think tennessee can win as long as we play solid football. funny how the number 1 seeds are the total underdogs.
yea its ridiculous and it kind of pisses me off. I know Ravens fans complain about not getting the respect we deserve but clearly the titans are more complete and solid team. Not saying that the we dont have a chance but i think we are the underdogs and like i said i think the Ravens have to do more to win this game and i think the titans just have to play there game. We had 2 interceptions against them last game and still lost so hopefully we can get them 2 picks and throw none then we will win but its going to come down to field position and turnovers.

John Wall
Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea its ridiculous and it kind of pisses me off. I know Ravens fans complain about not getting the respect we deserve but clearly the titans are more complete and solid team. Not saying that the we dont have a chance but i think we are the underdogs and like i said i think the Ravens have to do more to win this game and i think the titans just have to play there game. We had 2 interceptions against them last game and still lost so hopefully we can get them 2 picks and throw none then we will win but its going to come down to field position and turnovers.
cant wait, as always its going to be a fantastic game, good job you dont have orlando brown on your offensive line punching jevon kearse after the play taking you from 4th and 2 near your goaline even further back forcing you to punt, setting up gary andersons field goal, first game i ever watched as a titan fan lol
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
cant wait, as always its going to be a fantastic game, good job you dont have orlando brown on your offensive line punching jevon kearse after the play taking you from 4th and 2 near your goaline even further back forcing you to punt, setting up gary andersons field goal, first game i ever watched as a titan fan lol
oh man that game was heartbreaking. We still have Trevor Pryce so if it comes down to a field goal he will block it again :)

John Wall
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
oh man that game was heartbreaking. We still have Trevor Pryce so if it comes down to a field goal he will block it again :)
trevor pryce is just amazing, hes so old yet still so effective, im glad gregg isnt there, makes your front 3 just that bit weaker haha
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pumped for this Titans - Ravens game. Should be a great defensive game. Go Ravens!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I'm pumped for this Titans - Ravens game. Should be a great defensive game. Go Ravens!
Yea I feel like im in middle school going to my first day of school. I have that feeling in my stomach. I will go from nervous to pumped as soon as i see RAY LEWIS he always gets me going.

John Wall
Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea I feel like im in middle school going to my first day of school. I have that feeling in my stomach. I will go from nervous to pumped as soon as i see RAY LEWIS he always gets me going.
i love ray lewis, hes always been the guy in baltimore, hes like keith bulluck for us, however bulluck a little quiter as is the entire NFL haha. I know what you mean about that feeling, im going out for a pizza as well in a bit before the game, better not spoil my appetite lol.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Yea i don't think there's a guy who can get you more pumped than Ray Lewis can. The only person i can think of is Dawkins

John Wall
Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i would agree there, "can you feel that, can you feel that beating in youre god darn chest" what a guy
Old 01-10-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

im going to watch some NFLnetwork i need some ray lewis in my life

John Wall
Old 01-10-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm going out on a limb here and saying Arizona wil upset Carolina...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pouring rain here today. Don't know if that'll put us at an advantage or disadvantage.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it puts you at a huge advantage. Just pound the ball and play defense.

I can't see Arizona pulling this one off. I have Tennessee and Carolina in todays games.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pac man interview great.