Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
Don't poke the bear! Apparently you'll be a steelers homer too despite being a fan of the arch-enemy!
yea i wouldnt be taking up for him if he didnt deserve it because i hate the steelers lol
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My personal choice would have been Haynesworth.

But I don't get how Harrison deserved it over Ware. Ware was more dominant than Harrison at every aspect of the position this year.

And thats with inferior talent around him.

I can see Haynesworth (my personal choice), I can see Ed Reed, but I don't get Harrison over Ware. It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You right, I poorly worded that post, I fixed it. I never said that Harrison was Hands down the best. Also, where the hell have I said that everyone on my team is the best? Stop putting words into my mouth. The only people I have said were the best at their positions on the steelers, were Polamalu and Harrison. Both of those guys have legitimate arguments. I have said that guys like Aaron Smith and James Farrior are top players in the league, but by no stretch of the imagination are they the best at their positions. Please, find one post where I said Everyone on the steelers is better than everyone else. Go ahead.

As for Ware, yes statistically he was better than harrison, but not by much. As for the MVP, the three candidates I mentioned before made the biggest impacts on three of the leagues best defenses. They stepped up and allowed there teams to get into the playoffs. When it came crunch time, where did Ware and the Cowboys go? Lost to Ravens after giving up back to 75+ yard runs and then getting oblitterated by Philly, (granted as D-Unit said the offense had a lot to do with that). So yes, Ware could be considered, but ultimately doesn't deserve it.
I didn't point you out specifically, but there's a clan of you all, that come out in certain topics and argue that _X_ player is the best, or is underrated and everyone is dumb for not paying attention. If you don't believe me, go find the Roethlisberger thread, the Aaron Smith one, countless Harrison ones, Polamalu, Hines Ward....

Everyone has a different opinion on who was worthy, i'm done trying to convince other people since it makes no sense anymore, the voting is done with. If you feel Harrison deserved it more, that's fine with me. People saying that Harrison was undoubtedly better, is what ticks me off. Unless it was unanimous, you don't have an argument.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ware was more dominant than Harrison at every aspect of the position this year.
I dont agree with that BBD, although Ware is solid against the run, Harrison is a superior run defender imo, he is more stout at the poa, sheds his blocks as well as anyone and makes a ton of tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I think Harrisons run stuffing ability is just as important as his pass rushing, and i think that is probably the superior aspect of his game.

(I think that has been overlooked this year due to his major increase in sacks from last year)
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
My personal choice would have been Haynesworth.

But I don't get how Harrison deserved it over Ware. Ware was more dominant than Harrison at every aspect of the position this year.

And thats with inferior talent around him.

I can see Haynesworth (my personal choice), I can see Ed Reed, but I don't get Harrison over Ware. It doesn't make sense to me.

Well, you look at the Stats, Harrison had 101 total tackles (67 solo), 16 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 1 int and a safety.

DeMarcus ware had 84 total tackles (69 solo), 6 forced fumbles, and 20 sacks.

Now yes Ware statistically is superior. And as Jakey said I find Harrison is better in run support as well. But I maintain my argument that guys like Haynesworth, Reed and Harrison really were the biggest forces on those defenses, that were consistently good throughout the year. The cowboys defense as a whole collapsed at the end of the year. Now that's not all Ware's fault, but to me, MVP's have got to come from a team that is in a position to make a run at a championship. Also for Harrison, the impact of his play allowed youngsters like Lawrence Timmons and Lamarr Woodley to have good years I think. Now Polamalu does the same thing, and so does Ware. However for me I really am a fan of the MVP has to have his team in a position to win a championship and that starts by getting into the playoffs. I can't tell you how many times this year Harrison came up with a play on defense to give the Offense a chance to get back in the game. To me, thats why Reed and Harrison were the two top choices. Look at the OPOY, Manning countless times took the team on his back and made the plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Last edited by captainjack27 : 01-05-2009 at 06:15 PM.
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I dont agree with that BBD, although Ware is solid against the run, Harrison is a superior run defender imo, he is more stout at the poa, sheds his blocks as well as anyone and makes a ton of tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I think Harrisons run stuffing ability is just as important as his pass rushing, and i think that is probably the superior aspect of his game.
ive watched Ware for what, 3 years now?

Ive never seen him not hold his point against the run. never. he's the best DE/OLB run defender ive seen since Michael Strahan.

And Strahan is one of, if not the best run stuffing DE of all time.

There was a rule with the Giants when Strahan was on our team. Its widely known amongst Giants fans. It called rule #1: Don't run at Strahan.

The same can be said for DeMarcus Ware.

Thats a lot of praise i just gave the guy, but he deserves it.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well, you look at the Stats, Harrison had 101 total tackles (67 solo), 16 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 1 int and a safety.

DeMarcus ware had 84 total tackles (69 solo), 6 forced fumbles, and 20 sacks.

Now yes Ware statistically is superior. And as Jakey said I find Harrison is better in run support as well. But I maintain my argument that guys like Haynesworth, Reed and Harrison really were the biggest forces on those defenses, that were consistently good throughout the year. The cowboys defense as a whole collapsed at the end of the year. Now that's not all Ware's fault, but to me, MVP's have got to come from a team that is in a position to make a run at a championship. Also for Harrison, the impact of his play allowed youngsters like Lawrence Timmons and Lamarr Woodley to have good years I think. Now Polamalu does the same thing, and so does Ware. However for me I really am a fan of the MVP has to have his team in a position to win a championship and that starts by getting into the playoffs. I can't tell you how many times this year Harrison came up with a play on defense to give the Offense a chance to get back in the game. To me, thats why Reed and Harrison were the two top choices.
This isn't an MVP discussion. This is DPOY. The DPOY has been on a noncompetitive team many times. You put DMW on the Steelers instead of Harrison, in that scheme with those players around him, and he breaks the sack record.

Don't get me wrong, I think the world of Harrison. But theres no way in hell id take him over Ware, and i just don't see how he was better than Ware this year.

You want to talk about impact? Contrary to what Cowboy fans want you to believe, the majority of that Cowboy front 7 sucks. Outside of Ratliff, there isn't a single player in that front 7 that is great besides Ware.

Ware is the guy who makes them look even tolerable. In fact, Ratliff is probably only as good as he is bc of Ware. The rest of that front 7 sucks. James, Ellis, Thomas, Canty, Spears, they all suck.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ware and harrison are about on par as pass rushers this year, Ware is better in coverage although harrison is no slouch and Harrison is better against the run although ware doesn't suck at it either.

They're very close but I think Harrison made more big plays for his team than ware although I do love me some DeMarcus Ware, now if only he didn't play for the cowgirls.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
This isn't an MVP discussion. This is DPOY. The DPOY has been on a noncompetitive team many times. You put DMW on the Steelers instead of Harrison, in that scheme with those players around him, and he breaks the sack record.

Don't get me wrong, I think the world of Harrison. But theres no way in hell id take him over Ware, and i just don't see how he was better than Ware this year.

You want to talk about impact? Contrary to what Cowboy fans want you to believe, the majority of that Cowboy front 7 sucks. Outside of Ratliff, there isn't a single player in that front 7 that is great besides Ware.

Ware is the guy who makes them look even tolerable. In fact, Ratliff is probably only as good as he is bc of Ware. The rest of that front 7 sucks. James, Ellis, Thomas, Canty, Spears, they all suck.
Ware is more talented, that's not really debatable, but Harrison was a total beast this year and while he had less sacks and isn't as good in coverage he was even better against the run this year than Ware and made more big plays for his team. Sure if you put Ware in Harrison's situation he could've had an even more dominant year, but he wasn't and DPOY isn't about talent but on field impact.

EDIT:

OH NOSSSSS. I have to go kill myself now, metsox just neg repped me, what am I going to do now without his e-pproval. I'm sorry metsox let me rub your butt and maybe it'll stop hurting.

Last edited by giantsfan : 01-05-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Ware is more talented, that's not really debatable, but Harrison was a total beast this year and while he had less sacks and isn't as good in coverage he was even better against the run this year than Ware and made more big plays for his team. Sure if you put Ware in Harrison's situation he could've had an even more dominant year, but he wasn't and DPOY isn't about talent but on field impact.
What do you call the impact that Ware made on the Cowboys defense with scrubs playing around him? I'm sure Ware would love to have LaMarr Woodley rushing opposite of him. Ellis blows, Spencer can't see the field for god knows what reason, Spears and Canty couldn't get to the passer if their life depended on it.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
see, i don't agree with the notion that Harrison is better against the run. he makes more "wow" plays behind the LOS, but Ware is more technical in his run stuffing.

he'll never explode and light someone up, but he never loses his ground, and makes a textbook tackle for no gain every time. he never loses contain.

i bet if you were to break down the film of both of them for all 16 games, Harrison while making more plays behind the LOS, also gave up more plays when he missed. bc he takes more risks, he's also more vulnerable to lose contain.

Ware never missed. He was steady and stoute. I prefer that.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
EDIT:

OH god I have to go kill myself now, metsox just neg repped me, what am I going to do now without his e-pproval. I'm sorry metsox let me rub your butt and maybe it'll stop hurting.
What were you thinking, voicing your opinion! Insanity!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

if you dont care about the neg rep, then why post about it?

(adopting comahan philosophy)
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What do you call the impact that Ware made on the Cowboys defense with scrubs playing around him? I'm sure Ware would love to have LaMarr Woodley rushing opposite of him. Ellis blows, Spencer can't see the field for god knows what reason, Spears and Canty couldn't get to the passer if their life depended on it.
I'm not going to argue that most of the cowboys D sucks, but I still don't see wtf that has to do with beign voted DPOY? I think Harrison was a little better this year on the field whether his team was better or not. Sure Ware's more talented and would have been a lot better than Harrison on that steelers team but the fact is that this year he played for the cowboys. Now maybe he'll demand a trade and go to a better defense and win it next year but I don't think he should've won it this year. That said I like Fat Albert more than either one btu we're talking about DMW v Harrison.

Quote:
see, i don't agree with the notion that Harrison is better against the run. he makes more "wow" plays behind the LOS, but Ware is more technical in his run stuffing.

he'll never explode and light someone up, but he never loses his ground, and makes a textbook tackle for no gain every time. he never loses contain.

i bet if you were to break down the film of both of them for all 16 games, Harrison while making more plays behind the LOS, also gave up more plays when he missed. bc he takes more risks, he's also more vulnerable to lose contain.

Ware never missed. He was steady and stoute. I prefer that.
I dunno, I saw a lot of steelers games, more than I'd want to, and Harrison didn't really miss many plays at all this year. I'm not arguing that Ware isn't a beast, but that Harrison was just a little nastier this year.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said i thought Ware deserved it over Harrison and Reed. The other _(expletive)__ said that Harrison was hands down the best OLB in the game, which is an asinine comment to make.
its obvious u thought that because ur a cowboys fan.

and yes saying Harrison was hands down better is asinine

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm not going to argue that most of the cowboys D sucks, but I still don't see wtf that has to do with beign voted DPOY? I think Harrison was a little better this year on the field whether his team was better or not. Sure Ware's more talented and would have been a lot better than Harrison on that steelers team but the fact is that this year he played for the cowboys. Now maybe he'll demand a trade and go to a better defense and win it next year but I don't think he should've won it this year. That said I like Fat Albert more than either one btu we're talking about DMW v Harrison.
That your basis of rewarding Harrison is the fact that he means more, or that he had more impact on his team. Ware single handedly carried that front 7, while out performing Harrison statistically. Being on a less talented team, and in spite of that putting up better numbers, is what should have made Ware the DPOY. If you still don't understand after that, i can draw a picture for you.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it dont matter because the next person in line would of been reed then fat al
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That your basis of rewarding Harrison is the fact that he means more, or that he had more impact on his team. Ware single handedly carried that front 7, while out performing Harrison statistically. Being on a less talented team, and in spite of that putting up better numbers, is what should have made Ware the DPOY. If you still don't understand after that, i can draw a picture for you.
I is tarded, please draw me a picture. I'll try and draw you one as well, I dunno if I can explain on your level though, maybe if I typed slower it would help.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, my argument for Harrison is that having watched both of them Harrison was more impressive this year, i'm not going to deny that the talent on his team is probably responsible for a lot of that, but this is the defensive player of the year, not the most talented player producing on a ****** defense.

Last edited by giantsfan : 01-05-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

yea the award isnt for who does the most with the least its who does the best and harrison is in the playoffs with the best def this year and one of the scariest teams so he wins sorry ware is a beast but stats arent the only thing that gets you that award
John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
and yes saying Harrison was hands down better is asinine
I don't know, I'd say Harrison is better...he's got a Defensive Player of the Year Award! :D
Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, my argument for Harrison is that having watched both of them Harrison was more impressive this year, i'm not going to deny that the talent on his team is probably responsible for a lot of that, but this is the defensive player of the year, not the most talented player producing on a ****** defense.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

well i wasnt saying he was better period i was saying he was better this year
John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't know, I'd say Harrison is better...he's got a Defensive Player of the Year Award! :D
This is true, if Ware was better he would have one DPOY, thus Harrison had to be more deserving of DPOY. It's cause he's got electrolytes and DPOY voters crave electrolytes because that's what Harrison has.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
As much as I hate him now for being on the skins he had a great case for being the most impressive defender that year.

I'm not going to use the "his team is in the playoffs" argument for Harrison b/c it doesn't have too much relevance, but Harrison just stuck out to me more as a beast who prevented the offense from making plays and made plays for the D. Maybe I'm just used to ware being disgustingly good so it doesn't impress me as much, but I thought Harrison was even more nasty this year than ware.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

yea i have got to see harrison against my team twice this year and it wasnt fun and we have a pretty good offensive line. i also got to see ware and he had no impact out of the first half
John Wall