Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default McShay's new QB rankings...

Here is something interesting by Todd McShay....

Quote:
1. Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma
2. Mark Sanchez*, USC
3. Matthew Stafford*, Georgia
4. Nate Davis*, Ball State
5. Josh Freeman*, Kansas State
6. Tim Tebow*, Florida
7. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech
8. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
9. Mike Reilly, Central Washington
10. Drew Willy, Buffalo
11. Nate Brown, Central Arkansas
12. John Parker Wilson, Alabama
13. Chase Daniel, Missouri
14. Cullen Harper, Clemson
15. Curtis Painter, Purdue
Thoughts? It looks like all the sexy man love for Sanchez may pay off.

Stafford is the more polished but makes questionable decisions. He's got that cannon we all like because of CJ.

Sanchez has the smarts, has some tools, intangibles, all that stuff. But he is a little inexperienced.

Bradford is the more "raw" but he has more tools then the others, in my opinion. He is more accurate and probably is smarter then the other two. Yeah, obviously there is concern about him playing in the spread and transitioning to the NFL. But I know a lot of people are wanting our QB, whoever it is, to sit for a year. I would think that Bradford would be the best candidate for that.

Thoughts?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford gives off a Joey Harrington vibe.

Spread offense, supposedly the most accurate QB in the draft class, and lacks a certain something . . .
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Bradford gives off a Joey Harrington vibe.

Spread offense, supposedly the most accurate QB in the draft class, and lacks a certain something . . .
I see your point there... but... I don't know. I always liked Bradford.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Scott would explain his QB rankings. I respect his opinion much more than freakin' McShay.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wish Scott would explain his QB rankings. I respect his opinion much more than freakin' McShay.
Go ask him... duh.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-06-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Go ask him... duh.
I already know he loves Stafford. Not sure on Sanchez.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I already know he loves Stafford. Not sure on Sanchez.
Best not enrage The Dirty Sanchez crowd.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Scott's had Stafford #1 from day one, what more does he need to say about it. I dont have a problem with McShay but i'll put my money on Scott.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Scott's had Stafford #1 from day one, what more does he need to say about it. I dont have a problem with McShay but i'll put my money on Scott.
My thoughts exactly.

I think Kiper has Stafford 1st among the trio as well.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Kiper (as of Dec. 17th):

Quote:
Top 5 Juniors By Position
*Asterisk denotes third year sophomore

Quarterbacks
1. Matthew Stafford, Georgia
2. *Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
3. Mark Sanchez, USC
4. Nate Davis, Ball St.
5. Josh Freeman, Kansas St.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

I think Kiper has Stafford 1st among the trio as well.
McShay has had Bradford as the 1st Qb taken for quite awhile so he's just put Sanchez over Stafford, to each his own. Not sure what Mel has for these underclass guys but i know he did predict Stafford as the 1st overral pick like 3 years ago.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
McShay has had Bradford as the 1st Qb taken for quite awhile so he's just put Sanchez over Stafford, to each his own. Not sure what Mel has for these underclass guys but i know he did predict Stafford as the 1st overral pick like 3 years ago.
It's important to note that Scouts, Inc. (McShay) has Bradford rated as a 98, and Stafford a 97, sooo . . . not that big a difference anyways.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mcshay's last projection had us being able to get everette brown in the 2nd round.

imo, i'd rather wait until watching bradford smoke tebow but

bradford is matt cassellesque. i don't know how you can fail with that line and team. obviously you can't really forget how to throw a football, but doing it all by yourself instead of just being part of the machine are two different things.

sanchez is the stud from another talent laden school, but runs a pro offense with pretty much a pro team. that translates alot better than bradford. sanchez has a quick release and just seems to know what he's doing everytime. i'd say his arm is about drew breesish. he's having some success in the league right now.

stafford. jay cutler with no diabetes. not sexy. boyish in appearance. used to have a huge curly fro. i think he'll be streaky but always give his team a chance to win.

i really want to watch how bradford plays against florida. i loved bradford before everyone started putting him at #1.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Kiper (as of Dec. 17th):

Probably how i'd rank them but i'm not certain that Bradford is coming out and am really curious how he plays tomorrow night.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

One of the biggest things I like about Stafford is his ability to produce behind a very average offensive line. Oklahoma has one of the 2-3 best lines in the country with Loadholt, Robinson, and that other dude who's a Junior and a top guy for next year.

If he can still put up good numbers and be effective behind an average O-Line, you can only expect him to be better behind a stronger O-Line.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
One of the biggest things I like about Stafford is his ability to produce behind a very average offensive line. Oklahoma has one of the 2-3 best lines in the country with Loadholt, Robinson, and that other dude who's a Junior and a top guy for next year.

If he can still put up good numbers and be effective behind an average O-Line, you can only expect him to be better behind a stronger O-Line.
If he wants a good offensive line he better not.........:)
Old 01-07-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if all three QB's returned to school? :(
Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What if all three QB's returned to school?
On the Official Early Entries Thread there are now links saying that Stafford will announce his intentions to go pro with Moreno sometime tomorrow.

So looks like at least Stafford will go pro.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the three will definitly come out becaus eit guarentees thjem top 10 if the other two dont
Old 01-07-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He did throw a ton of screen passes though.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Looks like Stafford and Bradford are in and Sanchez i think will follow. I think for Detroit your choice becomes a WCO guy in Bradford and pro style QBs in Stafford and Sanchez. All 3 will need at least one year on the pines before they can be expected to see the field, enough time to build an O-line so they dont get killed.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know of any Character Concerns with the QB's? Sanchez has been in trouble with Sexual Assault, and using a Fake ID/Underage Drinking... I don't know of anything with Stafford/Bradford.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People question Strafford's decision making, but Sanchez threw the same number of INT's as Stafford despite attempting less passes than Stafford and playing with better talent than Stafford. I haven't seen Sanchez all that much so I can't say he's a better or worse prospect than Stafford, but it should be easier to make good decisions with the best talent in college football around him.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Does anyone know of any Character Concerns with the QB's? Sanchez has been in trouble with Sexual Assault, and using a Fake ID/Underage Drinking... I don't know of anything with Stafford/Bradford.
The only thing close to a question with Stafford that I've ever heard about was a picture of him made public in which he was holding up a keg while at a nascar race when he was a freshman. There was no proof he was drinking or anything, just the picture of him holding the keg.

Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Underage Drinking is a little different that sexual assault allegations and such.