Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-07-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The only thing close to a question with Stafford that I've ever heard about was a picture of him made public in which he was holding up a keg while at a nascar race when he was a freshman. There was no proof he was drinking or anything, just the picture of him holding the keg.

Trying to impress the girl i'm sure, having a beer is not a character issue.
Sanchez got off to rocky start when he got to SC but he's been clean since then as far as i know. These QBs all seem like great kids, fans will have to find something else wrong with them besides character.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

she's hot. my opinion of stafford has risen considerably. he looked kinda soft and pudgy with his curly hair in the photos i've seen. but if his man instincts can land her, then his football instincts should be alright.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havn't seen these guys play more than a game or two but I can't really tell who of the three are the best yet very similar to the Young, Leinart, Cutler situation.

Bradford

+ Good acciracy
+ Decemt (not as good as stafford) arm
+ Good pre snap progressions.
+ Smart

- Played in the spread O can he convert?
- Hasn't seen alot of pressure not his fault but it will be a culture shock when he sits behind the Detroit OL.

Stafford

+ Good/Great under pressure
+ HUGE Cannon arm
+ Played behind an average line.

- Streaky does great one moment below average others.
- Doesn't throw well on the move
- Sometimes lets the ball get away from him (overthrowing targets).

Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I see.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I havn't seen these guys play more than a game or two but I can't really tell who of the three are the best yet very similar to the Young, Leinart, Cutler situation.

Bradford

+ Good acciracy
+ Smart

- Hasn't seen alot of pressure not his fault but it will be a culture shock when he sits behind the Detroit OL.

Stafford

+ HUGE Cannon arm

Mechanics wise they're all better than Vince Young. I guess it would be easy to compare Stafford to Cutler and because of SC Sanchez to Leinart.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Does anyone know of any Character Concerns with the QB's? Sanchez has been in trouble with Sexual Assault, and using a Fake ID/Underage Drinking... I don't know of anything with Stafford/Bradford.
I'm not counting underage drinking as a character issue. Just because you don't drink doesn't me he has.

But sexual assault........ with how sexy you guys think he is.... something's wrong. STAY AWAY.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McShay gave us Bradford #1 overall.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna punch McShay in the face.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im surprised mcshay loves bradford this much. To be honest Bradford reminds me a little of lienart.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
As a Seattle fan i hope he's right. The new mock up on Foxsports has Stafford going to Seattle. Giddyup.:)
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are you? ARE YOU REALLY?!?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Are you? ARE YOU REALLY?!?
No. But I'll punch YOU in the face.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bring it sucka.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-07-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I'm not counting underage drinking as a character issue. Just because you don't drink doesn't me he has.

But sexual assault........ with how sexy you guys think he is.... something's wrong. STAY AWAY.
I'm not saying it's wrong.. but he got in trouble for it, that's all.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

Bradford

+ Good acciracy
+ Smart

Stafford

+ HUGE Cannon arm

That's a nice overview.

I might add for Stafford's strengths that not only does he have another full year of starting experience, but he plays in the defensively superior SEC. I don't know about you, but I trust that Stafford is more seasoned than Bradford who rarely faced more than a bunch of tackling dummies in the No Defense Big 12.

Not to mention the SEC has a pretty good track record of sending elite QB's to the NFL of late. Cutler and the Manning brothers were all high picks who really panned out. The only bust I recall is Tim Couch.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

One more thing that just dawned on me as to why we have to take a QB this year at #1 . . . if Sanchez declares, is there any QB that's even in the discussion as an early candidate to go high in the draft in '10?

Seriously, Colt McCoy? Tebow? Dan LeFevour? If the Lions want a good young QB, they gotta get it this year, cause next year looks like slim pickings. We're talking worse than 2005 slim.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll gladly punch McShay in his little weasel face.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One more thing that just dawned on me as to why we have to take a QB this year at #1 . . . if Sanchez declares, is there any QB that's even in the discussion as an early candidate to go high in the draft in '10?

Seriously, Colt McCoy? Tebow? Dan LeFevour? If the Lions want a good young QB, they gotta get it this year, cause next year looks like slim pickings. We're talking worse than 2005 slim.
Ryan Perrilloux, hello!?!?!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think the only reason Mcshay has Bradford #1 is so him and Kiper can argue about it for the next 4 months?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Anyone else think the only reason Mcshay has Bradford #1 is so him and Kiper can argue about it for the next 4 months?
Very good speculation. I don't think they agreed on last year's #1 pick either.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Since we're on a related topic. Anyone else think Bradford got help winning the Heisman because people with influence wanted a Heisman winner vs Heisman winner side story in the BCS title game?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a nice overview.

I might add for Stafford's strengths that not only does he have another full year of starting experience, but he plays in the defensively superior SEC. I don't know about you, but I trust that Stafford is more seasoned than Bradford who rarely faced more than a bunch of tackling dummies in the No Defense Big 12.

Not to mention the SEC has a pretty good track record of sending elite QB's to the NFL of late. Cutler and the Manning brothers were all high picks who really panned out. The only bust I recall is Tim Couch.
Bradford did play against Texas lets see how he does against Florida.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

McShay is really off based with the Bradford rating. I've read a lot of thought on Bradford and many people do not think he's a first rounder:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=286732

Here is my revised rating:

Stafford 98
Colt McCoy 98
Sanchez 95
Freeman 88
Bradford 85
Nate Davis 83

Davis was rated much higher but his two poor games at the end fumbling many times as dropped his stock badly to possible 3rd to 4th round. I would recommend he go back to school for his senior year.

I see Bradford is a kid with skills, but he may be a product of his system and the great talent he plays with. He was not highly thought of coming out of high school, but you put him in charge of the Sooners high power offense, then he is Heisman. You here nothing about Freeman while he plays with nobodies in Kansas State. I'm a bigger fan of Tim Tebow as a college player than Bradford. I would of voted Tebow for a second Heisman over Bradford. He does not have a big arm like Stafford, Sanchez, or Freeman. I can see him getting drafted with by Tampa who may be fed up with Garcia in the first round. Maybe the Jets may be eyeing Bradford after rumors of the team not being happy with Favre.

With that being said, I find it hard for Florida to stop the Sooners high power offense. The X factor may be Tim Tebow. I hope he has a good game tonight. The Gators need to defend the spread well. They need to watch how Texas played the Sooners this year.

Stafford played with freshman and sophmore offensive line with no prospects for NFL. To put up great numbers 25 TDs and 10 INTs, and winning all 3 bowl games he's played, winning all but 3 games this season with that offensive line and a defense that gave up 35-40 pts against Kentucky and Georgia Tech, shows how good Stafford is. Stafford is more than Jay Cutler. He is an arm with a huge heart and some brain with very smart football I.Q. behind those ears and curly hair.

Last edited by 5 Fingers of Death : 01-08-2009 at 03:39 AM.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Mark Sanchez to declare. It can only help us. I think ...

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'm rooting for Mark Sanchez to declare. It can only help us. I think ...
No, I'm rooting for him to stay now.

If Tom Kowalski really thinks Schwartz is coming here and that we wouldn't take Stafford as a result, then I hope to God there's a top 5 worthy QB for us to get next year.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I'm rooting for him to stay now.

If Tom Kowalski really thinks Schwartz is coming here and that we wouldn't take Stafford as a result, then I hope to God there's a top 5 worthy QB for us to get next year.
Kowalski said that Mayhew and Lewand have kept things in the organization very quiet. He said personnel around the league doesn't even know whats going on with the Lions. No one even knew Jason Garrett interviewed for the job. So I find it very hard to believe Kowalski knows if they won't take a QB. Break the draft down for me Killer, who are they going to take instead? Taylor Mays? you god damn ******

And my reasoning for wanting Sanchez to come out is because if the big three declare then one will fall to 20, and that doesn't even take into account Josh Freeman, who could easily be worth that pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote