Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
because they both basically come from the same stream (NE defense). They both have the same body structure. They both just got fired. They both have the same 'passive' demenor.

Whether he was in favor of the Favre trade doesn't really matter, it was what it was, and his play calling (or lack of influence on changing what the OC was doing) was a large part of the downfall. There are many coaches who don't get a say in personell, so that is not an excuse that will fly...
Sure, but that hardly means they're the same. A head coach is more about motivating and inspiring players, similar to what a CEO does. Just because they each focused on the same schemes doesn't mean that they are equivalent head coaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No fan knows whats happening in the locker rooms. thats why judging from the things TGJV said, they kinda do seem the same.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As usual Lerner decides who will be his HC without waiting for the new GM to pick his own man. I'll say it again, this is not the way to build a franchise. What does Lerner know about hiring football people, nothing and this team will continue to flounder under his leadership.
Owners are suppost to hire solid GM's who in turn have the ability to find great HC's. The only 2 owners I know who pick their own HC is Al Davis in Oakland and Jerry Jones in Dallas and last I looked neither of them made the playoffs for awhile.
It raises again the strong possibility that our GM and HC won't be on the same page. Lerner thinks he can himself solve all our problems by throwing money at it, but IMO, this is a road to disaster.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Jets fan who felt that Mangini got a little screwed by the Favre situation.

I wish him the best of luck with the Browns. They're not too different from the Jets right now, but their offensive talent is better. Hope he makes them a competitive team so they can stop being the new version of the Cardinals of the AFC.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently Rob Ryan is going to be Mangini's defensive coordinator.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
So apparently Rob Ryan is going to be Mangini's defensive coordinator.
Interesting...Mangini's been trying to snatch him up since he was hired by the Jets.

He got stuck with Bob Sutton instead.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I think the Jets may have had some of the worst play calling of all time down the stretch. So I don't believe Favre is fully to blame. Favre played very poorly but the play calling never gave him a chance.
Well that is more to blame on Brian Schottenheimer (sp.?) than Mangini, Brian' offense is similar to his fathers and Favre really does not fit that scheme. Of course Mangini cannot get away from this guilt free as he has to agree with the plays, and veto them, and if things really turned sour like they did in the end he should have done something of a change to help his team.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns | Team to hire DaBoll as offensive coordinator

ESPN.com reports the Cleveland Browns will hire New York Jets quarterbacks coach Brian Daboll as their offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Browns | Team to hire DaBoll as offensive coordinator

ESPN.com reports the Cleveland Browns will hire New York Jets quarterbacks coach Brian Daboll as their offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

kill me.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

kill me.
there are not many options for OC let alone to fit the Browns' offense.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
there are not many options for OC let alone to fit the Browns' offense.
Chudzinski has one bad year after having a sweet year and hes gone... I hate that bull ****.

Our offense was amazing in 2007, in 2008 we didnt have hardly anybody healthy and our #1 receiver was horrible, and Ken Dorsey started 4 games, bruce gradkowski started 1...

Yikes.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-07-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chudzinski has one bad year after having a sweet year and hes gone... I hate that bull ****.

Our offense was amazing in 2007, in 2008 we didnt have hardly anybody healthy and our #1 receiver was horrible, and Ken Dorsey started 4 games, bruce gradkowski started 1...

Yikes.
yes but from the get go the offense has dropped in production.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it didnt help that derek anderson seemingly decided to stop playing football. i hope you guys ditch winslow and edwards, bring in a receiver with hands a Te with no mouth and star brady quinn who is a better QB than derek anderson. the browns just made some poor decisions this year with regards to offseason aquisitions etc, they may be able to turn it round. i hope
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

If we get rid of Winslow i'll be pissed, he's not the problem.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They need to trade him. He is playing on borrowed time. Even if it were only to obtain a 4th round pick, the Browns would make better use of that right now than Winslow unless you are under the impression the Browns are Superbowl bound next year.

Plus, this team is desperate for more draft picks
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
They need to trade him. He is playing on borrowed time. Even if it were only to obtain a 4th round pick, the Browns would make better use of that right now than Winslow unless you are under the impression the Browns are Superbowl bound next year.

Plus, this team is desperate for more draft picks
If the Browns trade Winslow for a 4th round pick im officially never watching another game because then apparently the management is absolutely ********... 4th round pick are you kidding?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Browns trade Winslow for a 4th round pick im officially never watching another game because then apparently the management is absolutely ********... 4th round pick are you kidding?
If they trade him they will get more than that.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

Quote:

Yikes.
I think that Bull****, too. I think it was clearly individual players who didn't give a damn or failed to perform out there or just got injured.
On the other hand, if your offense can't score a single TD in 6 games, it's pretty hard to make a case for not firing the man in charge....
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad, Mangini was unfairly blamed for the Jets' collapse. Then again, Lord Favre can do no wrong and someone had to be blamed.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do have to admit, the fact that he's always hurt in some way certainly doesn't help you guys. He's actually started all sixteen games once in five seasons. The fact he can't stay healthy certainly isn't the whole problem, but you have to admit it's definately part of it. I'm not advocating trading him however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Brooder
Rookie

Brooder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Very. very bad hire. People think that just because he came from Belicheck's program in New England that they will be good. Charlie Weis had done nothing, so has Crennel. Mangini is not a good head coach and the Browns made a big mistake. He knows nothing about offense and the Browns needed an offensive coach.
Brooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I think the Jets may have had some of the worst play calling of all time down the stretch. So I don't believe Favre is fully to blame. Favre played very poorly but the play calling never gave him a chance.

Honestly, the two were made for one another. The play calling was bad, but that doesn't take away how horrible Favre played. He played bad regardless of the plays called, throwing sitting ducks in the air and throwing behind receivers. One doesn't take away from the other, they combined to make a truely embarassing duo

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
Sure, but that hardly means they're the same. A head coach is more about motivating and inspiring players, similar to what a CEO does. Just because they each focused on the same schemes doesn't mean that they are equivalent head coaches.
Have you watched either of the coaches in the discussion? Do they seem like the motivating and inspiring types? Did the players seem motivated and inspired during their seasons? I'm not sure if you just threw that out there, but it certainly doesn't help the cause.

Obviously no two people are exactly the same, duh, but all things considered, this doesn't seem like the biggest change in the world...that's all that was being said.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Have you watched either of the coaches in the discussion? Do they seem like the motivating and inspiring types? Did the players seem motivated and inspired during their seasons? I'm not sure if you just threw that out there, but it certainly doesn't help the cause.

Obviously no two people are exactly the same, duh, but all things considered, this doesn't seem like the biggest change in the world...that's all that was being said.
How they appear in the media is not the same as how they may appear in the locker room, on the practice field, or in meetings. I think there's a very good chance that Mangini may have a great vision and has the ability to inspire others in regards to this vision; this is a key in becoming a successful leader, let alone a successful head coach. That would explain why he has now been the head coach for two NFL teams at such a young age. Crennel had his own shot, and he's destined to be a D-coordinator the rest of his career.

I realize you are angry at Mangini and want to downplay his talent right now, Mangini and Crennel are not just one in the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
You do have to admit, the fact that he's always hurt in some way certainly doesn't help you guys. He's actually started all sixteen games once in five seasons. The fact he can't stay healthy certainly isn't the whole problem, but you have to admit it's definately part of it. I'm not advocating trading him however.
Ya it doesn't help that he has been hurt, but really this is the first year where he actually got hurt to the point where he missed games on and off (he missed 2 full years, played 2 full years, then had staph/high ankle sprain this year.)

Im not saying we can't trade him for a second round pick, but anything less than that you are losing value, might as well resign him and let him end his career here... We can afford it.