Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note how funny would it be if the NYJ hired Romeo?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
On a side note how funny would it be if the NYJ hired Romeo?
It'd be hilarious, but I think Romeo is done being a head coach in this league, maybe a DC on a 3-4 team.

So yeah, I guess if the Jets hire him as a DC that'd be pretty funny.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crennel may end up back with the Browns as a Defensive Line coach.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Romeo is a class act and a good guy... he's just not a head coach. He has had success coaching defensive linemen though
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romeo ended up as the Defensive Coordinator wherever Pioli ends up going as GM. Especially if he brings along McDaniels to be HC as he is an offensive guy. Romeo could control the D.

I think it could make sense in a place like KC...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Romeo is a class act and a good guy... he's just not a head coach. He has had success coaching defensive linemen though
I really doubt the Browns would bring back a coach they just fired. I mean, that'd be kinda embarrassing and akward for the team.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Romeo ended up as the Defensive Coordinator wherever Pioli ends up going as GM. Especially if he brings along McDaniels to be HC as he is an offensive guy. Romeo could control the D.

I think it could make sense in a place like KC...
It doesn't look like Pioli is going anywhere
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I really doubt the Browns would bring back a coach they just fired. I mean, that'd be kinda embarrassing and akward for the team.
It would be more embarrassing for the coach, but he wants to stay here for whatever reason.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesn't look like Pioli is going anywhere
Says who???
Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we're gonna hire Crennel as DL coach. I think he's going somewhere else. I really don't like the prospects of Kansas City having to run a 3-4 - Dorsey, Johnson, and Hali aren't good fits there and those are their 3 biggest defensive building blocks.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am still hopeful Wade Phillips can have some sort of firing/demotion that lets him run the defense, just not the team...Some guys just aren't HC material, and I got that feeling from watching Crennel coach a few games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if rex ryan leaves the ravens i would take crennel as my DC
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting but I don't know how Baltimore would respond to Crennel's more conservative approach to the 3-4 compared to Pittsburgh and Baltimore's attacking 3-4. I think Baltimore should hire a defensive assistant already on the staff, but Crennel is a great coach and I think he'd work on any team with the right personnel.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
interesting but I don't know how Baltimore would respond to Crennel's more conservative approach to the 3-4 compared to Pittsburgh and Baltimore's attacking 3-4. I think Baltimore should hire a defensive assistant already on the staff, but Crennel is a great coach and I think he'd work on any team with the right personnel.
yea your right now that i think about it i really like our organized chaos and i want to keep it that way
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 01-08-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
if rex ryan leaves the ravens i would take crennel as my DC
from what I know Rex is pretty bad at interviewing for jobs and I doubt he'll leave the Ravens this offseason. Especially since there are so many other high profile coaches out there.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

well i hope your right because i want ryan in baltimore
John Wall
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Ya it doesn't help that he has been hurt, but really this is the first year where he actually got hurt to the point where he missed games on and off (he missed 2 full years, played 2 full years, then had staph/high ankle sprain this year.)

Im not saying we can't trade him for a second round pick, but anything less than that you are losing value, might as well resign him and let him end his career here... We can afford it.
I don't know if he would want to stay here. He almost asked to be traded this past season...Maybe the new staff will be better with him.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Dowdy
Rookie

Dowdy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How is Mangini as a disciplinarian? Will he put up with crap like Braylon's dropped passes? We have a fair amount of talent, it just needs to be unified... Can Mangini do that? I do like that he is younger, maybe some players will be able to speak with him easier than big, ol' Romeo.
Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Mangini is a decent enough coach by himself but its the fact that this guy has absolutely no clue when it comes to picking coordinators and he showed no different with his 2 hires in CLE. Bob Sutton's biggest acknowledgment was "creating" Johnathan Vilma and then thus got moved up to Defensive Coordinator...................He was a assistant/head coach of Army otherwise before coming to the Jets. Yes Army.

Brian Scottenheimer is an absolute joke and should have been gone after year 2 along with Sutton. Mangini has no balls to take over playcalls from Sutton and shows way too much loyalty to these coordinators, which was his ultimate downfall in New York.

Rob Ryan from what I here from Oakland was a putrid defensive coordinator and DuBoll's biggest accomplishment as a coach in the NFL is getting his buns slapped by Bubba(Brett Favre) during a game this year. This guy has not done anything with the QBs on the Jets. Ratliff is a decent prospect, who knows with Kellen Clemens and Ainge is an enigma. He really hasnt produced much at the position so I have no idea why he'd move up to OC except that hes been loyal to Eric since their days together at NE.

If Mangini can grow some balls and show some fire/will to make changes then I think he can be a good coach. Until then though..........
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowdy View Post
How is Mangini as a disciplinarian? Will he put up with crap like Braylon's dropped passes? We have a fair amount of talent, it just needs to be unified... Can Mangini do that? I do like that he is younger, maybe some players will be able to speak with him easier than big, ol' Romeo.
The thing is, what's he going to do about dropped passes? Tell him to catch the ball? I'm fairly certain he's not dropping them on purpose. Yea, he could be benched, but you've got literally nothing behind him. About the only thing you could do is trade him, and again, that still leaves you with nothing at WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His training camps are a bit tough on the players but this guy really isnt all that in your face. He will try and play hard(He tried this on Kendall and on Coles) such as having Kendall's locker room next to the rookies in 07 offseason.

For the most part, he's a guy who most players will like but maybe not respect(Well the veterans like Favre and Coles early in the Mangini era) but he never has suspended anyone like a Tom Coughlin has.

He will hold grudges against certain players, like a Kendall or a Chad towards the end of the Pennington era in NYJ. Might not be too good news for Braylon.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Dowdy
Rookie

What I mean is that with Romeo, you do that on the field and then you come off the field and Romeo doesn't move... Romeo just stands with the same blank stare for the whole game.

It'd be nice if the coach would at least show he's pissed when bad things happened, and got excited when we did things well.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What I mean is that with Romeo, you do that on the field and then you come off the field and Romeo doesn't move... Romeo just stands with the same blank stare for the whole game.

It'd be nice if the coach would at least show he's pissed when bad things happened, and got excited when we did things well.
Ouch...... Mangini is exactly like that. He's lifeless on the field, I have never seen this guy show any fire outside of maybe his handshakes with Belichick after a Jets win. He'll try and do some gambles also(Looks for an early onside kick every year) and will try and get cute but that's more so on Schottenheimer.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Dowdy
Rookie

Ugh... I just don't see the guys on our team liking a guy like this. I just hope, hope, hope he succeeds and gives us something different. At least he won't baby the guys in training camp.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I actually think Mangini is a decent enough coach by himself but its the fact that this guy has absolutely no clue when it comes to picking coordinators and he showed no different with his 2 hires in CLE. Bob Sutton's biggest acknowledgment was "creating" Johnathan Vilma and then thus got moved up to Defensive Coordinator...................He was a assistant/head coach of Army otherwise before coming to the Jets. Yes Army.

Brian Scottenheimer is an absolute joke and should have been gone after year 2 along with Sutton. Mangini has no balls to take over playcalls from Sutton and shows way too much loyalty to these coordinators, which was his ultimate downfall in New York.

Rob Ryan from what I here from Oakland was a putrid defensive coordinator and DuBoll's biggest accomplishment as a coach in the NFL is getting his buns slapped by Bubba(Brett Favre) during a game this year. This guy has not done anything with the QBs on the Jets. Ratliff is a decent prospect, who knows with Kellen Clemens and Ainge is an enigma. He really hasnt produced much at the position so I have no idea why he'd move up to OC except that hes been loyal to Eric since their days together at NE.

If Mangini can grow some balls and show some fire/will to make changes then I think he can be a good coach. Until then though..........
Rob Ryan is a good coordinator stuck with a quagmire of a franchise. I expect he will improve dramatically just by not being in Oakland
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Ouch...... Mangini is exactly like that. He's lifeless on the field, I have never seen this guy show any fire outside of maybe his handshakes with Belichick after a Jets win. He'll try and do some gambles also(Looks for an early onside kick every year) and will try and get cute but that's more so on Schottenheimer.
Mangini may be like that but Rob Ryan is an extremely fiery guy, who is all about energy. I have no problem with the coach being pretty stoic. It's worked for Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, and Mike Shanahan