Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-27-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Oh yeah, well tell us: what will be happening?
What changes will we see on the defensive coaching staff starting with Bob Sanders?
Bob Sanders will be gone, but other then that who knows what TT will do. Nobody really knows for sure but everyone here besides you seems to realise the Packers arent going to a 3-4. Since they aren't there isn't any point to sit here and keep talking about it. Its pointless.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

That's why I posted the story on Justin Harrell, but you preferred to ignore that bozo the clown story to talk about the 3-4 again. Classic.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why I posted the story on Justin Harrell, but you preferred to ignore that bozo the clown story to talk about the 3-4 again. Classic.
Why exactly did you post the story on Justin Harrell?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Most of you guys were still in diapers when I was playing college football in the early 90's. You think you've seen it all?

Whatever you have seen, I've seen triple what you have seen and then some. I don't watch college football every single game, but I have watched the Sunday Ticket since 1994 every week except when I have had to go to games in person. I've seen the pulse of the Ravens and Steelers defense every year.

If anyone here tries to say that their defensive success year-in, year-out is always due to magically having better players, then I'm going to punch you in the mouth if I see you because that's Matt Millen-dumb. They moved from Joey Porter, to James Harrison, a guy nobody drafted, a guy who had been cut many times, a guy who's under 6-feet tall, and now he's the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in that system.

They are good year after year on defense because of their systems and their good coaching. I wouldn't expect anyone over the age of 21 to possibly be dumb enough to argue that fact.

Now, if you say it takes too long to change to a 3-4, you have a sell job to do because other teams have done it. Why can't we with a coach who has done it before? Let me hear why there's no time anymore in the NFL to make a switch. Is the off-season shorter nowadays than it was before?

Also, if you say that our DL and LB talent is JUST TOO GOOD to risk switching systems in between now and 2009, then tell me who these great young players are, and tell me who these guys and why he cannot play a 3-4.

Or do you say that because we have uncharasmatic TT running the show, that we couldn't succeed in luring a top-notch DC like Dick Nolan, or the guy under Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh.

Explain yourself !
Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Bush and Dickey Chaney have seen lots of politics in action thus they are great president and VC. Your logic is ********. Don't act like such a smart ass because you think you've watched more football than anyone here.

Switching systems means throwing out every single player on the front seven except for Jenkins and a NT we decide to keep. We would move from possible contenders to full on rebuilding Lions style.

For every great 3-4 defense you can come up with I can cite 3 great 4-3 or other defenses.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most of you guys were still in diapers when I was playing college football in the early 90's. You think you've seen it all?

Whatever you have seen, I've seen triple what you have seen and then some. I don't watch college football every single game, but I have watched the Sunday Ticket since 1994 every week except when I have had to go to games in person. I've seen the pulse of the Ravens and Steelers defense every year.
None of that means a damn thing and nobody cares, so you can stop bringing it up.

The rest isn't worth explaining because you'll just feed us the same crap again.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow you sound like a total douche.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
middlelinebacker54

Projected Offseason

2009 NFL Draft
1st Brian Orakpo/DE/Texas
2nd Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss
3rd Troy Kropog/OT/Tulane
3rd Tyrone McKenzie/OLB/South Florida
4th Brandon Underwood/CB/Cincinnati
5th Jarrett Dillard/WR/Rice
6th Chris Miller/P/Ball State
6th Brian Toal/OLB/Boston College
7th Mitch King/DE/Iowa

Free Agency
Resign:
OT Mark Tauscher

Hire:
Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan

Last edited by middlelinebacker54 : 12-29-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlelinebacker54 View Post
Projected Offseason

2009 NFL Draft
1st Brian Orakpo/DE/Texas
2nd Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss
3rd Troy Kropog/OT/Tulane
3rd Tyrone McKenzie/OLB/South Florida
4th Brandon Underwood/CB/Cincinnati
5th Jarrett Dillard/WR/Rice
6th Chris Miller/P/Ball State
6th Brian Toal/OLB/Boston College
7th Mitch King/DE/Iowa

Free Agency
Resign:
OT Mark Tauscher

Hire:
Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan
what scheme would Nolan be running? and I think some of your picks are taken a round late or early.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
what scheme would Nolan be running? and I think some of your picks are taken a round late or early.
Why are you so paranoid about the defensive scheme?
Unreal. It it ain't broken, don't fix it.
If it IS BROKEN, fix it.
Band-Aids don't work. You'll learn that someday son. Hopefully.

Nice mock the guy made, by the way.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why are you so paranoid about the defensive scheme?
Unreal. It it ain't broken, don't fix it.
If it IS BROKEN, fix it.
Band-Aids don't work. You'll learn that someday son. Hopefully.

Nice mock the guy made, by the way.
And hopefully you learn that we have a good defense that can run a 43 just needs better coaching...
Old 12-29-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
And hopefully you learn that we have a good defense that can run a 43 just needs better coaching...
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner

Can we please get a DC that blitzes atleast five times in a game. I mean we can start out at five blitzes, then maybe six the next game, then we might get to seven in the next.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Really?
Just better coaching, of the same scheme?
So we had Donatel, Slowik, Bates, and now Sanders, same scheme..... but we just need a better coach to coach it? Who you gonna get, Fritz Shurmer from the grave?
Or are you too young to know that name?

Amazing. It's no wonder America is in the shape it's in with logic like that. Wait, you're in Canada... isn't that the 51st state of the USA?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT doesn't draft for the next year. He drafts for two seasons away it seems. He drafts a high number of players to create roster competition and deal with the injuries and free agents or traded players.
I like the offense, but I'd like to see an OT brought in or drafted as Taush likely out.
The defense pained me all year. Expecting guys with serious injuries to suddenly become the players they used to be before injury is not realistic IMO. I don't think Barnett or Jenkins are going to be equal to what they were. Bigby might be. Harrell could be having yet another back surgery. How many pro players come back from 4 back surgeries and not being able to work out hard for three years to be anything in the NFL? Jolly could be in prison. I like Cole as a Wave player and goal line guy, but he's not a starter. With KGB off the team, that leaves plenty of roster spots open for competition on the d-line. Montgomery, Thompson and Hunter will compete at DE, but do you really think they are the answer? They haven't been.

As far as 3-4, 4-3, it always depended on who your best players were. If you had more great LBs, go 3-4. More great DLs, 4-3. If the Packers picked up a couple of LBs in FA/draft, this'd actually be a good year to move to the 3-4, personnel wise. AK, Pickett, Jenkins as the front three, or maybe Jolly or Montgomery as the third end, depending on who's healthy and not tapping ass in prison. An FA or draft pick could be the third end, also. If Barnett is capable, you'd have him paired with Hawk in the interior and Chillar and B-Pop outside. This'd also let you rush B-Pop a heck of a lot more. Bishop and Lansanah are already on the team along with Havner. If you brought in a good free agent and drafted a linebacker from USC you'd have the horses to play however you wanted to play. Due to how they've been drafting, the LBs have worked out better than the DLs, so it'd be the best year to make the move in recent memory, not that they'd do it it, mind you.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
he made the team, haha. Fact is we have no idea if Pat Lee will be anything in the future because as fans we didn't get to see jack of him. The Packer's coaching obviously knows more than we do though....
Be careful about that thinking. Just because the GM drafts him or signs him doesn't mean it's a good move.
Don't forget about the Jon Ryan/Scott Frost disaster, or the Justin Harrell pick. Those were carefully calculated moves by our GM that have caused catastrophic results.

You don't always have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes they're wrong and the consequences are severe (see 6-10).

JOHBUR,
You are correct about our LB core being better than our DL core, and if we use our #1 pick on one of the many talented LBers, it is the PERFECT time to switch to a 3-4. Remember A) LBers make an immediate impact way more often than DLs do as rookies, and B) the fact that we have a great back end in the DB spots makes it a good time to switch.

Imagine if you had Ahmad Carroll and Michael Hawthorne back there with Marques Anderson or Darren Sharper at safety , with Jarrett Bush still the nickel back.
You'd never risk making any kind of change up front because those guys would cause disaster every passing play.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

this guy is really starting to piss me off, how do you block people?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

You're easy to get under your skin (= fragile psyche, mentally weak).
All I have to do is say something or agree with somebody else about something you don't like. Easy.

Last edited by AtariBigby : 12-30-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
You're easy to get under your skin (= fragile psyche, mentally weak).
All I have to do is say something or agree with somebody else about something you don't like. Easy.
no its because we spent over 2-3 pages of us telling you how dumb it would be to switch to a 34 yet you continue with this garbage. If our team felt that it was better for us to use a 34 we would have done it before we built this team in a 43 defense, but we didn't and what does that mean to you.....it will not happen so drop it.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
no its because we spent over 2-3 pages of us telling you how dumb it would be to switch to a 34 yet you continue with this garbage. If our team felt that it was better for us to use a 34 we would have done it before we built this team in a 43 defense, but we didn't and what does that mean to you.....it will not happen so drop it.
Just because OUR TEAM FELT something doesn't mean it's right and doesn't mean they won't change. They felt Scott Frost was an upgrade on Jon Ryan.
We changed to the ZBS a few years ago even though our best two OL (Clifton and Tauscher) were not built for it. Explain that one tough guy.

Now, just because you and a couple of your unwise cohorts have convinced yourself that the 4-3 must remain, it doesn't mean crap. In fact, here is what LeRoy Butler just said about it.... dude knows a lot more about football than you do that's for sure. And he mentioned the #1 guy I want, Maualuga. I wish Butler was running the war room for us in April.

Q. How far are the Packers away from being a playoff team again?

A. I think they're one or two players (away from being a playoff team) and I think four or five players away from going to the NFC Championship again. This is a crucial offseason for the Packers free agent-wise and draft-wise. Id like to see the Packers understand that you can add talent that can get you to the NFC Championship Game. There are some free agents out there who can help them. And with a top-10 pick in the draft, they can get a pretty good player. I'd like to see them draft the linebacker from USC (Rey Maualuga) or the defensive tackle from Oklahoma (Gerald McCoy) or Michael Jenkins, the cornerback from Ohio State. I would love to see them go for a defensive lineman, but that linebacker from USC would make sense if they decide to play the 3-4 next year. If they stick with a 4-3, they need to get a defensive tackle
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Just because OUR TEAM FELT something doesn't mean it's right and doesn't mean they won't change. They felt Scott Frost was an upgrade on Jon Ryan.
We changed to the ZBS a few years ago even though our best two OL (Clifton and Tauscher) were not built for it. Explain that one tough guy.

Now, just because you and a couple of your unwise cohorts have convinced yourself that the 4-3 must remain, it doesn't mean crap. In fact, here is what LeRoy Butler just said about it.... dude knows a lot more about football than you do that's for sure. And he mentioned the #1 guy I want, Maualuga. I wish Butler was running the war room for us in April.

Q. How far are the Packers away from being a playoff team again?

A. I think they're one or two players (away from being a playoff team) and I think four or five players away from going to the NFC Championship again. This is a crucial offseason for the Packers free agent-wise and draft-wise. Id like to see the Packers understand that you can add talent that can get you to the NFC Championship Game. There are some free agents out there who can help them. And with a top-10 pick in the draft, they can get a pretty good player. I'd like to see them draft the linebacker from USC (Rey Maualuga) or the defensive tackle from Oklahoma (Gerald McCoy) or Michael Jenkins, the cornerback from Ohio State. I would love to see them go for a defensive lineman, but that linebacker from USC would make sense if they decide to play the 3-4 next year.If they stick with a 4-3, they need to get a defensive tackle
He said IF they switch...all he is doing is giving his thoughts on options they COULD do...and if we spend a top 10 pick on a LB, I will be really disappointed.

We switch to a ZBS and drafted players for it, unlike the defense, we stuck with the 43 and draft players who they felt fit the defense, not a 34 defense. TT said you draft BPA and players who fit the scheme, which means if they do decide to switch to a 34, they wouldn't fit it as well as they would to a 43.

You think it is as easy to switch a scheme and have it running to the full, well I'm here to tell you is isn't...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
He said IF they switch...all he is doing is giving his thoughts on options they COULD do...and if we spend a top 10 pick on a LB, I will be really disappointed.

We switch to a ZBS and drafted players for it, unlike the defense, we stuck with the 43 and draft players who they felt fit the defense, not a 34 defense.

You think it is as easy to switch a scheme and have it running to the full, well I'm here to tell you is isn't...
If we switch to a 3-4, we'll do it soon and we'll draft accordingly.... in April.
And free agency before that. It's not that complicated.

It's much easier for our LBers to go from a 3 to a 4, then it was for Clifton and Tauscher to go from standard to a ZBS.

Like with all changes, of course there will be some growing pains. But the Giants defense had growing pains last year to start their season when the Cowboys scored 45 on them and we scored 35 or 38 on them and they were 0-2.
They seemed to get it figured out though, and if we get a good DC, and our players are smart, we'll figure it out as well.

Maualuga would be fantastic in Green & Gold and give our defense some intensity and their first legi intimidator in years.

He'd be like when the Seahawks got Lofa Tatupu from USC at LB and he led their defense to the Super Bowl his rookie year.

We need to get LeRoy into the war room.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we need to swith defenses to draft Maualuga? Hawk-Maualuga-Barnett would be really amazing. Barnett has already got his MLB money in his new contract, so I feel he would be more apt to make a change. TT drafts BPA as he says he does, so I think Rey will be high on his list because he is the best player on the best defense in college football.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
If we switch to a 3-4, we'll do it soon and we'll draft accordingly.... in April.
And free agency before that. It's not that complicated.yes it is because we already have so much money invested into the 43 that it would hurt our cap if we change schemes and add more players to the defense. What don't you understand, we built this defense for the future, we can not destroy it and rebuild it...

It's much easier for our LBers to go from a 3 to a 4, then it was for Clifton and Tauscher to go from standard to a ZBS.Our LBers can not escape from linemen once they are being blocked by them, its a fact, and you can't have that when you switch to a 34...

Like with all changes, of course there will be some growing pains. But the Giants defense had growing pains last year to start their season when the Cowboys scored 45 on them and we scored 35 or 38 on them and they were 0-2.
They seemed to get it figured out though, and if we get a good DC, and our players are smart, we'll figure it out as well.They didn't change schemes, just philosophy...

Maualuga would be fantastic in Green & Gold and give our defense some intensity and their first legi intimidator in years.I am not putting more money into the LB core, that would be a waste...and where do you even play him since WE are not switching shcemes...

He'd be like when the Seahawks got Lofa Tatupu from USC at LB and he led their defense to the Super Bowl his rookie year.yet we are not in a need for a MLB...

We need to get LeRoy into the war room.no he shouldn't, all he did was list popular names and what he thinks, I could do that too, maybe I should be in the war room.
the ZBS has nothing to do with this other then the fact that its an example of how things do not change for the positive if you destroy and rebuild something.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 12-30-2008 at 03:01 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafting Maualuga would be a big mistake. Hawk was a much better prospect and he hasn't eactly set the world alight.

Jenkins, Orakpo and Oher/Monroe/Smith are all better prospects and greater needs.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Why would we need to swith defenses to draft Maualuga? Hawk-Maualuga-Barnett would be really amazing. Barnett has already got his MLB money in his new contract, so I feel he would be more apt to make a change. TT drafts BPA as he says he does, so I think Rey will be high on his list because he is the best player on the best defense in college football.
If we stay in the 4-3 (which we will) drafting a linebacker high would be a big mistake. I can understand trying to acquire some depth a little later on but having Hawk, Barnett and another high pick LB means that one will spend a good amount of time off the field in passing situations. It wouldn't be worth the money or the pick, and I think we'd be much better off spending that pick on someone to help with one of the lines (whether offensive or defensive). Although I don't really know the high end prospects in this draft yet so I'm not sure who it would be.