Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tom Kowalski interview

very interesting interview here worth a listen talks about HC and Killer says zero chance we take Stafford.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...show_tita.html
Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's talking out of his ass right now. He said the Lions should look at Michael Oher, Brian Orakpo, or Taylor Mays. Remember two years ago when he said the Lions wouldn't take a first round WR in Marinelli's lifetime?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was kind of thinking this too especially when he threw oher out there. Still interesting to here his view on what they should do. Now if there was actually a Defensive player worthy of #1 its one thing there just doesnt seem to be anyone who grades that high
Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kowalski is a total buffoon sometimes. He's lost credibility in my eyes with this interview. Taylor Mays? Really? Even if his personnel "insiders" are Detroit Lions scouts (we know how bad they are) I don't believe that Taylor Mays or Oher are in the discussion.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no clue who this guys is, but he comes accross as a idiot. He says the media is higher on Stafford and nfl scouts higher on Bradford. He has that backwards as real scouts are in love with Stafford and will likely pick Bradford apart. How can anyone want a saftey #1 overall when you don't have a starting QB on your roster.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HA Taylor Mays... right... I'm sure he will be great in coverage when we are getting no QB pressure... That will be an instant boost to the D, and totally worthy of a #1 pick...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, gotta love the misdirections

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._southern.html

Everything Kowalski says from here on out will be totally disregarded. This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. A safety at #1 overall? Pssh
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, Michael Oher isn't really even regarded as one of the top three offensive tackles anymore.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Lol, Michael Oher isn't really even regarded as one of the top three offensive tackles anymore.
Every time Kowalski or many of these sports writers/personalities opens their mouth about the draft, the only thing I'm ever thinking is, "Hey, I could sooo do your job better than you." Why can't they take 5 minutes to read up on some reliable draft info? Sad.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Every time Kowalski or many of these sports writers/personalities opens their mouth about the draft, the only thing I'm ever thinking is, "Hey, I could sooo do your job better than you." Why can't they take 5 minutes to read up on some reliable draft info? Sad.
very true why dont they pay one of us to sit and do a 30 minute interview. While i agree about his coaching views for us his draft stuff is terrible and will be all offseason since he isnt able to get any info out of our front office now
Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
very true why dont they pay one of us to sit and do a 30 minute interview. While i agree about his coaching views for us his draft stuff is terrible and will be all offseason since he isnt able to get any info out of our front office now
The ineptitude of guys like Kowalski inspires me to be the kind of journalist who actually knows what the hell they're talking about.

I don't care who your sources are, you can't ignore the draft pundits like Kiper, McShay, and Scott who are always pretty accurate with their projections. There just isn't a defensive player worthy of #1 overall. And the Lions NEED a QB.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The ineptitude of guys like Kowalski inspires me to be the kind of journalist who actually knows what the hell they're talking about.

I don't care who your sources are, you can't ignore the draft pundits like Kiper, McShay, and Scott who are always pretty accurate with their projections. There just isn't a defensive player worthy of #1 overall. And the Lions NEED a QB.
I want.... nay.... DEMAND... a guest spot on a future column you write.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I want.... nay.... DEMAND... a guest spot on a future column you write.
I'll have a PTI-type show and you can be a regular guest.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll have a PTI-type show and you can be a regular guest.
That'd probably be awesome. I'd just yell...... a lot.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

So i'm driving to work with my i-phone tuned into aol radio 97.1 sports radio in the busy highway of San Jose. I cannot believe how uneducated the detroit media are on this first pick. Basically Karsh and Anderson say we should not draft a QB with the first pick. Inside my head, i'm pulling my hair out. Mike Valenti calls Stafford fat. Valenti is a very unhappy person and needs to get on some meds or counseling. Then this Killer statement blows me away. Do these guys get paid? That's why you have people like Scott Wright to tell you the facts. Love you Scott. These guys believe Bradford is a NFL caliber QB and Stafford is not?! I would love for them to come back to respond on Bradford after his very average looking BCS game. I know these guys know Detroit sports but this is getting a little crazy. "Let's get the left tackle from Alabama, that Smith kid."

Last edited by 5 Fingers of Death : 01-09-2009 at 01:24 AM.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really frustrates me when someone acts like they know more about the draft than they actually do. Probably because I follow the draft all year, but still.. it's pretty damn annoying.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah, if I hear one more person in the media say the Lions should pick a D-Lineman with the first pick I will have to inflict bodily harm against said person.

Who exactly are they suggesting we take at #1? Michael Johnson?

There isn't a D-Lineman to take! In theory that might make sense, but there is no Mario Williams-type player in this draft.

OPEN YOUR EYES FOLKS! ARGH!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
So i'm driving to work with my i-phone tuned into aol radio 97.1 sports radio in the busy highway of San Jose. I cannot believe how uneducated the detroit media are on this first pick. Basically Karsh and Anderson say we should not draft a QB with the first pick. Inside my head, i'm pulling my hair out. Mike Valenti calls Stafford fat. Valenti is a very unhappy person and needs to get on some meds or counseling. Then this Killer statement blows me away. Do these guys get paid? That's why you have people like Scott Wright to tell you the facts. Love you Scott. These guys believe Bradford is a NFL caliber QB and Stafford is not?! I would love for them to come back to respond on Bradford after his very average looking BCS game. I know these guys know Detroit sports but this is getting a little crazy. "Let's get the left tackle from Alabama, that Smith kid."
Pat Caputo seems to be the only guy on that station who recognizes that we gotta get a QB, namely Stafford.

I like to think I influenced his thinking since I submitted a paper to him arguing for Stafford in the sports journalism class he taught in the fall.

haha
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

Pat Caputo and Terry Foster seem to have an even leveled head on themselves.

To the rest of the Ticket personalities:

You're going to be afraid of a lot of QB prospects with Russel, Young, Alex Smith, Andre Ware, Joey Harrington not playing well with the first pick. That should not prevent you from drafting a player who would significantly increase your offensive output. The thing about Vince Young was he ran and wasn't a pure passer. That's why they have Kerry Collins in there. He can pass. Vick the same thing. Ryan who is more of a passer has more success in the Falcons. Pryor from OSU the same. If you're a quarterback, you need to pass. Stanton the same. He's not a good passer so he sits or holds a clip board on the sidelines. Stafford is a pure pocket passer in the mold of Cutler or may i say Marino. He does what an NFL quarterback suppose to do. Throw the ball well.

Stafford is not Andre Ware or Alex Smith. He does not come from a gimmicky run and shoot or spread offense ala Bradford. You can see if you get pressure on Bradford, he is not so good of a quarterback. Imagine the Titans or the Steelers offense pressuring Bradford, he won't throw a high percentage against real NFL defense. Once he gets hit by Albert Haynsworth, Bradford would want to go back to Oklahoma and hide under Phil Loadholt. He never takes a shot down field either. Stafford plays prostyle offense. He can take the snap under center, drop back, plant, and throw rockets.

The media in Detroit are really soft. I actually like Rob Parker for calling out Joe Barry. I don't know if Parker was a great journalist but he had some balls. I didn't like the way he brought his Rod's daughter into the argument, that was uncalled for but maybe needed. I think we are losing someone who spoke for the fans. How many fans would of pestered Rod into submission if the fans we're at the press conferences. Nobody who makes that amount of money should be paid so well to fail.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

For anyone not advocating a QB, I guess my first question is always gonna be, "Who will play QB for the Lions instead?"

I mean Dan O is gonna bolt as no one would re-sign in Detroit coming off a season where they actually made something of themselves (unless you're Redding, haha). Stanton won't ever be a starter or any sort. Culpepper ought to be cut. Henson? Kitna? Come onf boys, this is just silly.

Not to mention you have a once in a decade talent in Calvin Johnson. He had huge numbers despite rotating QB's and a below average O-Line. Just imagine if we had a QB who could actually utilize CJ to the fullest.

Moronic. Idiotic. And Pathetic. Draft Stafford.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone told me there were rumors on the radio that Garrett is leading for the job and if he gets it, it could be Bradford #1. At that point I probably will not care even more..
Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Someone told me there were rumors on the radio that Garrett is leading for the job and if he gets it, it could be Bradford #1. At that point I probably will not care even more..
Totally untrue rumors.

http://davebirkett.blogspot.com/
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Totally untrue rumors.

http://davebirkett.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the relief. I was pretty bummed the Lions werent just content with taking the regular season away from me, they were going to take the off-season away too.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, what if they started becoming like the colts and patriots. (besides mayo pick) and start just picking great scheme guys out of nowhere who turn into pro bowlers. we'd start winning, but we'd have to memorize 900 draft eligible players names to recognize who we'd actually get.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote