Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lol, what if they started becoming like the colts and patriots. (besides mayo pick) and start just picking great scheme guys out of nowhere who turn into pro bowlers. we'd start winning, but we'd have to memorize 900 draft eligible players names to recognize who we'd actually get.
Well, to be fair, I didn't know who Johnny Baldwin was a couple years ago . . . too bad he never panned out, haha.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol yeah, i actually like him with the more i started hearing about him...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Well, to be fair, I didn't know who Johnny Baldwin was a couple years ago . . . too bad he never panned out, haha.
Neither did Millen. He thought it was Alec Baldwin. Its so clear with Millen on NBC now he is a fan of 30 rock and the Baldwin bros.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
So i'm driving to work with my i-phone tuned into aol radio 97.1 sports radio in the busy highway of San Jose. I cannot believe how uneducated the detroit media are on this first pick. Basically Karsh and Anderson say we should not draft a QB with the first pick. Inside my head, i'm pulling my hair out. Mike Valenti calls Stafford fat. Valenti is a very unhappy person and needs to get on some meds or counseling. Then this Killer statement blows me away. Do these guys get paid? That's why you have people like Scott Wright to tell you the facts. Love you Scott. These guys believe Bradford is a NFL caliber QB and Stafford is not?! I would love for them to come back to respond on Bradford after his very average looking BCS game. I know these guys know Detroit sports but this is getting a little crazy. "Let's get the left tackle from Alabama, that Smith kid."

Mike Valenti for anyone who never heard his infamous rant after the 07 Notre Dame vs MSU game try googleing it, it's a classic.

I really believe a lot of these people dont actually follow the draft and scouting and just hear an occasional sound bite or read a blog,then try to sound intelligent. Stafford pretty much has a new label every week. He comes from money, he's too fat, he is erratic yada yada yada. For anyone who actually knows something about the position i would say watch him play and you'll come away with a very favorable opinion. This draft starts with Stafford and then goes from there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

If we draft Bradford, i would not watch one more Lions game. I don't think this will happen. Has he officially declared? I have a feeling Martin has some sense in his brains. He was educated i think with a diploma and played football.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jim rome brought something to my attention. bradford staring at the sidelines during no huddle didn't improve my impression of him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we draft Bradford, i would not watch one more Lions game. I don't think this will happen. Has he officially declared? I have a feeling Martin has some sense in his brains. He was educated i think with a diploma and played football.
I would still rather have Bradford than any defensive player at #1. That's how strongly I feel about us going for a QB. That said, I'd take Andre as a 2nd choice to Stafford.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait... why? He had some absolutely beautiful throws. His best throw was probably the one busted up by Major White. And people are trying to say he is accurate because of the spread.... I think he was accurate no matter what. The touch he had on those throws were amazing. Generally when I hear someone knock the accuracy trait because of the spread it is because they get a ton of one on one and can hit it. He was putting nice passes into double teams and just floating it in there.

And he could take snaps under center.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

I see Bradford as a guy who is accurate but does not have great arm. With the team he's with, i feel you can plug in a lot of good college football quarterbacks with that offensive line and the group of receives he has, and they will flourish. Graham Harrell deserve as much praise if we throw so much praise on Bradford. I don't see a big difference between the two. I just feel he is vastly overrated especially by some mocks who have him the #1 pick in the draft. He has a chance to go to a team like the niners, jets, or tampa in the first to second round...but by no means is he top 10 material.

He may be the second quarterback picked behind Stafford to go, but i feel Sanchez and Freeman are better prospects. I'm not saying he's horrible. 92.1 seems to talk about him like he's the second coming because he's in the lime light and a Heisman trophy winner. If you talk to real NFL scouts and look at how some expert mock people rate the best quarterbacks, Stafford is the kid who got it.

He's accurate but remember he has a lot of time to throw the ball. The Big 12 defense was bad and his offensive line was great. Throwing to a future first round tight end in Gresham makes it easier to pad your stats. He also does not look at his progression and locks into a receiver. He does not call his own audibles but has the sideline call it for him. We do not know if he can take snaps from center. Nobody knows. It's a big gamble like Alex Smith was to believe he can. The lofted ball he threw for the 2nd INT was really weak. His soft pass gave the corner time to get there and grab the ball away. Bradford throws a lot of dink passes. Never do is see huge 25+ yards throws from Bradford like i see from big arms like Flacco or Matt Ryan bullet pass. His lollipop passes would be sure INTs in the NFL with pressure from the D line and better corners in his face. That type of pass would of been gunned by Stafford. Stafford was pretty much running for his life most of the season with his freshman and sophomore offensive line who have no NFL future protecting him. The fact he threw 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions with that offensive line is a great indicator of how well Stafford did this year.

If you watch this game, you will see how little time Stafford had to throw the ball with Michael Johnson and crew in his face all day. Pocket broke down. You will see you big of an arm Stafford has. His scrambling abilities. Here he threw for 5 TDs and only 1 INT. You can see how Stafford is equally good at taking snaps from shotgun or from center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkeP0nnK1s8

Kurt Warner also throws some very beautiful throws but he has a very strong arm and can throw very nice deep passes. I''m not seeing any great deep passes from Bradford. There is a huge gap between Stafford and Bradford, not so much between Stafford to McCoy/Freeman/Sanchez.

Last edited by 5 Fingers of Death : 01-10-2009 at 01:33 AM.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the deep ball takes precedent over some other traits when you have Calvin Johnson as your #1 weapon.