Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-08-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default An interesting rumor about Stafford...

Ok, just listen to this rumor that was brought up to my aunt who lives in Georgia about Stafford. It is probably just a rumor but it does make you go hmmm.

So my aunt who is a U of M graduate lives in Atlanta. She was talking with a few people at work and said "yeah, I wish MSU did better even though I hated cheering for them. I thought they had a chance there." To which he coworker went "Come on, you think Stafford was that bad? He went out and sandbagged the first half. He probably did that so the Lions wouldn't draft him."

Ok, I know that this is 95% likely to be a rumor but it DEFINITELY makes you think. Looking back it half makes sense. He went out in the 1st half and was terrible. Then he came out and laid the smack down on the Spartans in the 2nd half. And there is a possibility he may have played himself out of the #1 spot. The knocks against him about inconsistency was made iron clad with this game. Yeah, moving down from the #1 loses you a ton of money.... but he wouldn't be on the Lions.

Anyone else scratching their head?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy it.. If he doesn't want to come to the Lions, he should just come out and say it. That would be a lot better than if he tanked it on purpose. I think that would raise a ton of character concerns.. but I don't think he's like that.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Geason Noceur
Rookie

Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.

Completely untrue.
Geason Noceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy it at all. That's kind of Stafford, he never looks great start to finish, but he can get hot when it counts.

Plus, I don't get why people think the Lions is so bad a place to play? Sure, they just went 0-16, but that's in the past now. They won't be competing for a Super Bowl very soon, but an influx of talent can fix that.

Which is possible now that Idiot Millen is gone, they finally have a football man at GM again. You get to play in a dome, and also at hallowed venues like Soldier Field and Lambeau Field every year, plus you'll have Calvin Johnson for your career. The fans will support you once they have a team to support.

Atlanta looked pretty bad last year, but Matt Ryan wanted to play there fine and it all worked out.

Plus we're talking about a stupid amount of millions as the first overall pick.

What, he'd rather fall to Kansas City at #3?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i don't believe it but when she told me I just went "wait... what?"

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TheDirtyWord
Rookie

TheDirtyWord hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This isn't even a rumor. It's people standing around on their coffee break.
TheDirtyWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't buy it at all. That's kind of Stafford, he never looks great start to finish, but he can get hot when it counts.

Plus, I don't get why people think the Lions is so bad a place to play? Sure, they just went 0-16, but that's in the past now. They won't be competing for a Super Bowl very soon, but an influx of talent can fix that.

Which is possible now that Idiot Millen is gone, they finally have a football man at GM again. You get to play in a dome, and also at hallowed venues like Soldier Field and Lambeau Field every year, plus you'll have Calvin Johnson for your career. The fans will support you once they have a team to support.

Atlanta looked pretty bad last year, but Matt Ryan wanted to play there fine and it all worked out.

Plus we're talking about a stupid amount of millions as the first overall pick.

What, he'd rather fall to Kansas City at #3?
To be perfectly blunt and honest, not a lot of people want to live in Detroit right now.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being drafted #1 overall is something most players dream of. I doubt any of that is remotely true.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his problems were from being frustrated by the 20-30mph winds and missed opportunities. after he relaxed at halftime then he was alright and refocused.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Ok, just listen to this rumor that was brought up to my aunt who lives in Georgia about Stafford. It is probably just a rumor but it does make you go hmmm.

So my aunt who is a U of M graduate lives in Atlanta. She was talking with a few people at work and said "yeah, I wish MSU did better even though I hated cheering for them. I thought they had a chance there." To which he coworker went "Come on, you think Stafford was that bad? He went out and sandbagged the first half. He probably did that so the Lions wouldn't draft him."

Ok, I know that this is 95% likely to be a rumor but it DEFINITELY makes you think. Looking back it half makes sense. He went out in the 1st half and was terrible. Then he came out and laid the smack down on the Spartans in the 2nd half. And there is a possibility he may have played himself out of the #1 spot. The knocks against him about inconsistency was made iron clad with this game. Yeah, moving down from the #1 loses you a ton of money.... but he wouldn't be on the Lions.

Anyone else scratching their head?
I'm scratching my head over reading 3 paragraphs of BS.

My guess is he would probably like to play somewhere else, starting with Dallas, Houston etc.. What he should do is get the same agent (or the Mannings i guess) and say he wont play in Detroit and see where it goes.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is "fine" with being selected by the Lions from the Freep

http://www.freep.com/article/2009010.../90107087/1048

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
To be perfectly blunt and honest, not a lot of people want to live in Detroit right now.
First off, no Detroit athlete lives in Detroit. Most people outside of Michigan don't know this, but there are a handful of wealthy cities just 30-40 minutes outside of Detroit. Second of all, the economy shouldn't be a huge factor. With $30 million in his pocket do you really think Stafford cares about finding job for himself or his family?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and cost himself around 10 mil? yeah right
Old 01-08-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

So that's a resounding no. It is still funny, haha.

I HATE YOU ALL.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe you, wingy.

This has conspiracy written all over it. I bet he's even got Bradford in on it, framing him to appear as the #1 worthy guy, when i reality, he's not.

BRILLIANT!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
First off, no Detroit athlete lives in Detroit. Most people outside of Michigan don't know this, but there are a handful of wealthy cities just 30-40 minutes outside of Detroit. Second of all, the economy shouldn't be a huge factor. With $30 million in his pocket do you really think Stafford cares about finding job for himself or his family?
I'm just saying what I've read from the news. I was looking at a study done just yesterday that said Detroit was the #2 major city in the country that people would not like to live in. Crime Rate, economy, dwindling population, pollution. Just what I've been reading.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just saying what I've read from the news. I was looking at a study done just yesterday that said Detroit was the #2 major city in the country that people would not like to live in. Crime Rate, economy, dwindling population, pollution. Just what I've been reading.
I don't take much stock in that poll #1 was NYC.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Geason Noceur
Rookie

Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
If you're earn what the average US household earns a year, I could understand not wanting to live in Detroit. But with the kind of money that he would get if he goes #1, I think anyone would make a small sacrifice and live there.
Geason Noceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I believe you, wingy.

This has conspiracy written all over it. I bet he's even got Bradford in on it, framing him to appear as the #1 worthy guy, when i reality, he's not.

BRILLIANT!

Todd McShay involved in the coverup?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Detroit is crap.. However most places in Oakland county are very nice..
Old 01-09-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

Let me preface this by saying i don't know jack about Matthew Stafford. This is just an educated guess. I was a psychology major, which just means easy bachelor degree.

My sense of Matthew Stafford from watching him play, quotes, and some interviews is that he's a typical jock. Great intelligence on the football field, but no Steve Young with the law degree. You know what i mean. I am very expressed with that fact he went undefeated in a tough Texas High School league his senior year and won the state championship. He got better every year he was in college.

Matthew Stafford reminds me of Kevin Smith. Both great athletes with good character but are clueless when it comes to the Lions. Kevin thought we would win a playoff game before he even stepped out onto Ford Field. Stafford admits he does not watch NFL football and does not mind going to a team 0-16. That freakin awesome!!! That might not be the worse thing in the world. If i was Stafford and watched the Lions play Thanksgiving, i might make disparaging remarks about Detroit Lions before the draft like "man they stink. I would commit suicide before i wear the Lions uniform." Stafford has said he would not mind playing for a losing team. It takes a kid with great something to want to play for an 0-16 team. The more i think about it, the more I love Stafford. Loads of talent but very basic in his thoughts and decision making. Sanchez is a pretty boy with some shady background. Coming from USC, he probably thinks he some god. Stafford seems very down to earth and would be a perfect fit for Detroit and the blue collar mentality of the great city with their very loyal sports fan.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that is total BS.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I don't take much stock in that poll #1 was NYC.
Why is that so hard to believe?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It amazes me one could believe something like this.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you really think a multi-millionaire cares about the economy and population of Detroit? He can live in a nice area somewhere near Detroit, and be totally fine.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote