Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Beason had no FF and FR? u sure?

fact is that Willis is on the worse defense which gives him alot more opportunities to make a PD or a tackle.
the Niners actually had a better ranked D than the Panthers so that theory kinda goes out the window..

it's actually pretty even between their seasons.. Willis had 141 tackles 1 sack 1 int 1 ff 1 fr 11 pds and Beason had 138 tackles 3 ints 1 fr 11 pds so it pretty much evens out and the voting for the all-pro teams pretty much confirms that since I read that the voting between Beason and Willis went 18-17 for Beason and you could probably credit that to Beasons team being in the playoffs and Willis' not.

Last edited by papa burgundy : 01-10-2009 at 01:46 PM.
papa burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa burgundy View Post
the Niners actually had a better ranked D than the Panthers so that theory kinda goes out the window..

it's actually pretty even between their seasons.. Willis had 141 tackles 1 sack 1 int 1 ff 1 fr 11 pds and Beason had 138 tackles 3 ints 1 fr 11 pds so it pretty much evens out and the voting for the all-pro teams pretty much confirms that since I read that the voting between Beason and Willis went 18-17 for Beason and you could probably credit that to Beasons team being in the playoffs and Willis' not.
im talking about teams. the 49ers faced the Seahawks and Rams 2 times each, the Panthers the Saints and Falcons. its obvious why. Stats dont tell the whole story

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
im talking about teams. the 49ers faced the Seahawks and Rams 2 times each, the Panthers the Saints and Falcons. its obvious why. Stats dont tell the whole story
bringing up schedule is another argument full of flaws.. because you can say they faced the Saints and Falcons while the Niners faced the Rams and Seahawks but I could also bring up how the Niners played the entire AFC and NFC East while also playing the Saints along with playing Arizona twice while the Panthers played the Chiefs and Raiders. so schedule isn't the best argument to use when it basically evens out when you look at entire schedules as opposed to a couple of games.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I view Willis and Beason as pretty equal as far as linebackers go. Willis is the better athlete, Beason is the better technical and intellectual player.

I think both have good cases for All Pro selection, but Beason's leadership and play in certain situations give him the nod.

SF fans need to get over it, you don't see panther fans getting into a hissy fit because Williams, Peppers and Smith are in the second team

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I view Willis and Beason as pretty equal as far as linebackers go. Willis is the better athlete, Beason is the better technical and intellectual player.

I think both have good cases for All Pro selection, but Beason's leadership and play in certain situations give him the nod.

SF fans need to get over it, you don't see panther fans getting into a hissy fit because Williams, Peppers and Smith are in the second team
49er fans aren't having "hissy fits" either. Just having an intelligent discussion on who is better. Well, it's an intelligent discussion for anyone supporting Willis at least ;)
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

that sounds pretty condescending.. you pretty much make it sound like Willis is just a straight athlete with no skills intelligence leadership or knack for a big play in a big situation while Beason is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. it is like i said earlier.. Beason got the nod because his team made the playoffs and Willis' didn't.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa burgundy View Post
that sounds pretty condescending.. you pretty much make it sound like Willis is just a straight athlete with no skills intelligence leadership or knack for a big play in a big situation while Beason is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. it is like i said earlier.. Beason got the nod because his team made the playoffs and Willis' didn't.
and u can prove that how?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quintin Mikell made the 2nd team? Wow...I'm so happy someone else noticed his awesomeness.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So noone had issue with Manning being first team? I really thought Rivers deserved some recognition this year. I would have had Manning at second team and Rivers at first team.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
So noone had issue with Manning being first team? I really thought Rivers deserved some recognition this year. I would have had Manning at second team and Rivers at first team.
Manning was the league MVP, how could he not be first team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP
Manning was the league MVP, how could he not be first team.
I never really had him as the best QB in the league last year. Best leader. Most important player during the season. But not the best QB all season long.

Ok it might have been a tough decision but taking the MVP title away. Does anyone think Manning was the best QB this season? That's what it boils down to for me. Specifically regarding the All-Pro team.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it downright hilarious Wes Welker was 2nd team All-Pro.
Brandon Marshall had 7 less catches, 100 more yards and I believe 4 more TD's than Welker, playing in 1 less game. Hilarious.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote