Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-10-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens vs. Titans

If the coaches don't think Mcgahee and Rice are good enough they need a RB in the offseason because while McClain is the best FB in the game him at HB on every play especially passes to him is so laughable. I love the guy but I'm not going to hide my true opinion. He isn't giving us the production you need from a RB plain and simple.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any reason why Rice isn't featured more? I know Willis has been banged up, but Rice showed some promise, and usually you want to get the rookie backs more carries late in the season, and it seems like Rice has been on the sidelines alot late in the season.

Is that due to his play, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The playcalling has been pretty awful if you ask me. Nice drop by Heap there. The rush hasn't been there, and the secondary needs to learn how to cover and tackle. We're lucky to still be in this one. Flacco has made some good throws. I'm impressed.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next week we must see the playbook open. Flacco is capable and if we want to win a superbowl we have to trust him. Also we must see Willis starting next week. As you all saw in key moments you need your RB to have the ability to make big plays like Willis did. LeRon is nice for 3 yards a pop but he won't break any, and won't convert on big plays. We all hate Willis and his work ethic but he is the best option and because of how he sat out the end of the year he and Raymel are fresh.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

BTW I love DHB, Maclin, and Percy but CB has to be our first 2 picks in the draft.
Today:

Samari: Absolute trash, can't cover, can't tackle, can't stay on the field. Props on the INT though, that made him our best corner today.
Frank Walker: Beyond trash, how is this guy on the field in a playoff game. He's big but sucks.
Fabian: Biggest disappointment today. Justin Gage is solid but he looked like Jerry Rice out there. He completely shhitted all over Fabian's face. Fabian couldn't handle him, couldn't keep up with him, couldn't establish position, and couldn't even make a play on the ball.
Ivy: Ivy didn't do anything bad, so for him and his standards, I give him an A+++++.

On the bright side our safeties EReezy, Leonhard the beast, and Haruki despite the dropped INT are amazing.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game today guys. Shame that there had to be a loser, but ya'll guys deserved it. Hope all ya'lls injuries heal up before next week's game, and that it ain't as punishing as today's game. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your all lucky CJ got injured :P good game guys, stings like chilli in an open wound.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I just want to mention how electric Chris Johnson is. I took a deep breath everytime he touched the ball. Great game by both teams, hard fought, and i agree with STRIP, we need to stop using McClain at RB...hes ok there in some packages, but both Willis and Raymell give us more in terms of a threat and productivity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I was thinking that during the game long before i got on the forums..I mean it's silly that a FB is our top guy in the backfield. We need some RB help..either FA, Draft, or hope to god Rice gets more play time next season, along with Jalen Parmele. But as long as we face the Chargers next week, I think we'll be ok.

But wow, just an epic game and an epic win. I'm so pumped for next week!
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Your all lucky CJ got injured :P good game guys, stings like chilli in an open wound.
It would have been a different story if he had been healthy. That was a big break to us.

And great point about the corners...they played absolutely terrible. Just an awful day for each one of them. CMac is the only guy who can call himself a starting corner. Fabian stuck with his guy, mostly Gage, decently close but he gets boxed out by big guys too easy (Gage is 6'4). Even if we retain CMac, I think corner is the way to go in the draft.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda ironic that when the Titans won in Week 5, the GW drive was helped by a BS roughing the passer call. Today, the GW drive was helped by a blatant delay of game no call. Both scores ended 13-10, with the winner having 13. Also, in the first game, the Ravens dominated practically every statistical category. In today's game, the Titans dominated practically every stat.

Stupid karma... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Kinda ironic that when the Titans won in Week 5, the GW drive was helped by a BS roughing the passer call. Today, the GW drive was helped by a blatant delay of game no call. Both scores ended 13-10, with the winner having 13. Also, in the first game, the Ravens dominated practically every statistical category. In today's game, the Titans dominated practically every stat.

Stupid karma... ;)
No denying here, it hit zero, but the ref wasn't paying attention. A nice break there. I am so happy for Matt Stover. The man is one of the top 3 players in Ravens history. His entire career has carried the offense and no different today. He doesn't have the same leg strength he used to, but is as clutch as ever, and tremendous accuracy. I have been alarmed all season though with how poor KR coverage has been considering our pursuit to the ball, but I think that's the problem. We have no lane discipline, and also Houshka gets no hangtime on his kickoffs. They are line drives.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was out of town and had to listen to the game on the radio and i was shaking so badly! HAHA

what a game, and cant really believe that we are in the afc championship

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gatta agree with STRIP, our CB's played terrible. Tennessee converted almost every damn third down, our pass defense played pathetic. We were lucky enough to force those turnovers or this was easily Tennessee's game. I also wanna know what's up with Ray Rice? Obviously he is healthy because I saw him dressed out and was even on the field but never touched the ball. However, I think yall's wishes will come true about Willis McGahee getting the starting job in the AFC Championship game because McClain was getting banged up. also, if we don't get Suggs back, our pass rush is going to have issues. Overall, good game, but I really saw tons of weaknesses. I still can't believe we are going to the AFC Championship, at one point in preseason, I had a thought of the 1st overall pick being ours and now we are here. Damn, what a season, and its not over. Go Ravens!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the ravens defense was tired this game but our players came up big. They drove up and down the field on us but when it came to them scoring we wouldnt let it happen and thats all that mattered. That was a hard fought game that has our guys beat up. Hopefully this Steelers/Chargers game is just as brutal so we wont be the only beat up ones
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, now they get an extra day of rest while Pittsburgh or San Deigo gets 1 less day. Hope Big Ben gets thrown around alot :D