Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His worst QB rating for a year in which he played in 10 or more games is 85.8

Thats not very bad...

182 tds to 114 ints, which is good.

His career rating is 93.8... Thats VERY good... If you want comparison, he has a higher QB rating for his career than Tom Brady, and is .9 away from Peyton manning, two SURE hall of famers.

He also has as many super bowl wins as Peyton and more super bowl appearances.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did have a terrible stretch, but if you think about it most HOF QBs really struggled at the start of their careers. Warner hit the ground running.

He will most likely leave his career with a very strong finish. That will make a difference in the eyes of voters. The last memory sticks out in your mind.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt Warner would have to be a miracle worker to make it into the HoF. Even if he won the Superbowl, I don't know if it would be enough. He might have to have a really good performance to have any shot of making a case for himself.

Now, let me say that being a big part of the NFL shouldn't be a huge factor (otherwise we'd be force to put in guys who were just around forever, regardless of their skill). However, Kurt Warner (as previously mentioned) was a huge part of the NFL right around the turn of the century. Combining that with his dominating stats, awards and superbowl ring (possibly multiple) should help put up a heavy case for himself.

Hopefully he gets in sometime in the future, but I'm doubting 2013.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
He did have a terrible stretch, but if you think about it most HOF QBs really struggled at the start of their careers. Warner hit the ground running.

He will most likely leave his career with a very strong finish. That will make a difference in the eyes of voters. The last memory sticks out in your mind.
He hit the ground running because he was 28 playing with Torry Holt, Issac Bruce and Marshall Faulk. Really ask yourself since 2001 what was one year you truly believe he was a top 10 QB.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to keep in perspective he still has this season, and next year where he will probably be on a new team as a starter, to help his HOF cause...He can really work his way in with a strong finish this year and maybe two more high level years at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:43 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get how the Cardinals can't keep him after this year, Lienart has done NOTHING.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-11-2009, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I dont get how the Cardinals can't keep him after this year, Lienart has done NOTHING.
Neither did Aaron Rodgers and the Packers got rid of Brett Favre. Sometimes you just gotta start with the future.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Neither did Aaron Rodgers and the Packers got rid of Brett Favre. Sometimes you just gotta start with the future.
Aaron Rodgers showed flashes Leinart hasn't yet.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Aaron Rodgers showed flashes Leinart hasn't yet.
Well, that's not really why they did it. It was Aaron Rodgers last year on his contract, had Favre been the starter this year then Rodgers probably wouldn't have resigned with GB and then they'd be back to square one as soon as Favre retired.

For the record, I think it makes sense to resign Warner in Arizona, but if every franchise did what made sense then we wouldn't have teams like the 08 Lions.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats not very bad...

His career rating is 93.8... Thats VERY good... If you want comparison, he has a higher QB rating for his career than Tom Brady, and is .9 away from Peyton manning, two SURE hall of famers.

QB Ratings are horrible, i believe Chad Pennington is #3 all time

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang
QB Ratings are horrible, i believe Chad Pennington is #3 all time
Chad Pennington is a very good QB when he is on the field and uninjured.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:

Thats not very bad...

He also has fumbled 91 times in 110 games. He also has taken 236 sacks in the same amount of games. He also has been benched 3 times in his career. People need to ask themselves would you take Warner's prime over Favre, Manning, Brady or McNabb.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

I never said I would take Warner in his prime any of them, I just think he needs to be considered for the HOF.

As far as his sacks/fumbles, that reflects more on his lines than it does on him.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kurt Warner would have to be a miracle worker to make it into the HoF. Even if he won the Superbowl, I don't know if it would be enough. He might have to have a really good performance to have any shot of making a case for himself.

Now, let me say that being a big part of the NFL shouldn't be a huge factor (otherwise we'd be force to put in guys who were just around forever, regardless of their skill). However, Kurt Warner (as previously mentioned) was a huge part of the NFL right around the turn of the century. Combining that with his dominating stats, awards and superbowl ring (possibly multiple) should help put up a heavy case for himself.

Hopefully he gets in sometime in the future, but I'm doubting 2013.
Warner is probably on the outside right now, but if he wins a Superbowl with the Cards he is in. There is no way they would keep him out if he does that.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt Warner is not a Hall of Famer

Having a 3 year span of success, the year 2000 could be debated as successful too, and then being a non-factor in the league for five years and winning the job due to the failures of a youngster doesn't define Hall of Famer to me. He has been very good this year but the years 1999, 2001, and 2008 shouldn't be considered enough for a spot in Canton.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Kurt Warner. Somewhere along the line it became cliche to rag on him (probably because of the hype he got with the Rams), but he's been a top notch QB throughout his career. HOF worthy? I would say yes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Completely different. Leinart had started 16 games his first two years and then got benched for Warner, Rodgers didn't start a single game his first three years. Leinart got more than a fair shot and did nothing, Rodgers did nothing because he never had a chance.

Quote:
Well, that's not really why they did it. It was Aaron Rodgers last year on his contract
Well that's not really why we did it either. We moved on to Rodgers because Favre retired. Had Favre never retired he would have been the starter. Once he retired it was Rodgers' job and we weren't going to change that no matter what.

Sorry, but you're wrong.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

I say hell yah this guy has earned the Hall.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
I never said I would take Warner in his prime any of them, I just think he needs to be considered for the HOF.

As far as his sacks/fumbles, that reflects more on his lines than it does on him.
Sacks have more to do with QBS then people realize that is the reason why Peyton Manning doesn't get sacked a lot when Tarik Glenn was protecting his blindside or now with Tony Ugoh protecting his blindside. Also if he isn't better than the 4 I mentioned aren't you lowering the standards a bit?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Completely different. Leinart had started 16 games his first two years and then got benched for Warner, Rodgers didn't start a single game his first three years. Leinart got more than a fair shot and did nothing, Rodgers did nothing because he never had a chance.

Well that's not really why we did it either. We moved on to Rodgers because Favre retired. Had Favre never retired he would have been the starter. Once he retired it was Rodgers' job and we weren't going to change that no matter what.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Well, I don't know if I'd call Leinart's situation "more than a fair shot". He was still in the middle of his growing pains when a coach, who didn't draft him, decided to go with the more experienced QB. 16 games is nothing, especially spread across 2 seasons.

As far as Aaron Rodgers goes, I'll concede because it's really off-topic to the point. And I don't know what the "Sorry, but you're wrong" thing is about either; I am just having a conversation here buddy.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warner is only as good as his receivers
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMO if Steve Young made it Kurt Warner has to make it

Steve Young didn't start until he was 30. Off the top of my head, he couldn't have had more than 5-6 HOF years just like Warner. And just like Warner he had HOF talent at Wr.

Warner just like Young as a Super Bowl ring and actually more Super Bowl appearances. And he also has one of the highest passer ratings of all-time.

Edit:

I see Steve Young actually made the Pro Bowl 7 years. So I guess so much for that.

Looking at the numbers, Warner needs to have another 2-3 years like that

Last edited by BBIB : 01-11-2009 at 06:33 PM.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
IMO if Steve Young made it Kurt Warner has to make it

Steve Young didn't start until he was 30. Off the top of my head, he couldn't have had more than 5-6 HOF years just like Warner. And just like Warner he had HOF talent at Wr.

Warner just like Young as a Super Bowl ring and actually more Super Bowl appearances. And he also has one of the highest passer ratings of all-time.

Edit:

I see Steve Young actually made the Pro Bowl 7 years. So I guess so much for that.

Looking at the numbers, Warner needs to have another 2-3 years like that
Good thing you made that edit

Young had 6 or 7 great seasons, won 6 passing titles, 3 Super Bowls, and 2 MVPs, and many other accomplishments to his name

Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Good thing you made that edit

Young had 6 or 7 great seasons, won 6 passing titles, 3 Super Bowls, and 2 MVPs, and many other accomplishments to his name
LOL now wait a second. He only won 1 of those Super Bowls as a starter.

Giving him credit for that Super Bowl is the same as giving Matt Leinart credit if the Cardinals won the Super Bowl this year.

But yeah his 6-7 great season are more numerous than Warner.

Warner is also a 2-time MVP and currently a 4 time Pro Bowler.

Warner needs another 2-3 more seasons like this to compare more favorably to Young.

But if he wins another Super Bowl he should be a lock

Last edited by BBIB : 01-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
LOL now wait a second. He only won 1 of those Super Bowls as a starter.

Giving him credit for that Super Bowl is the same as giving Matt Leinart credit if the Cardinals won the Super Bowl this year.

But yeah his 6-7 great season are more numerous than Warner.

Warner is also a 2-time MVP and currently a 4 time Pro Bowler.

Warner needs another 2-3 more seasons like this to compare more favorably to Young.

But if he wins another Super Bowl he should be a lock
yeah lol but honestly, putting Kurt Warner and Steve Young in the same discussion is a joke.