Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit that i have never heard Buckethead before. That song was AMAZING!!!

According to Wikipedia, he has a ton of **** out there.

I'm looking for suggestions of where to start.... Help me out, please!
Soothsayer and Jordan are my two favorite songs by him.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mastodon's new video for "Divinitations"
http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2009/...l-divinations/

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one else here play music..?

I just bought myself a new bass yesterday. It shows up next week...

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 03-08-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

I play guitar and am learning to play drums right now even though I don't have a kit just yet.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buckethead has a ridiculous amount of songs. I downloaded his discography awhile back and it had a solid 500 or so songs.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Buckethead has a ridiculous amount of songs. I downloaded his discography awhile back and it had a solid 500 or so songs.
That's why i am asking for suggestions!!!!!!!

Names of albums/songs would help a bunch :)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
That's why i am asking for suggestions!!!!!!!

Names of albums/songs would help a bunch :)
I don't even know haha, I just let it go through on random when Im doing other stuff on or around the computer. I don't really pay attention to the song titles ><

Its just a bunch of instrumental, guitar virtuoso goodness.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you got a warwick? very nice.

i myself play a gibson tbird.

also. as promised because i'm really slow.
three of the songs i recorded from way back when. you also could hear me sing! how about that.

ready?

click and download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7...21d66e282a0ee8

win!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

three of the songs i recorded from way back when. you also could hear me sing! how about that.

ready?

click and download.

win!
About time! is that you doing all the female vocals?

Good stuff, when is the tour coming?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ready?

click and download.

win!
I like how your genre was "good". Good job AQ, you're the next Dolores O'Riordan. ;) hahaha
Old 03-08-2009, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thunderbirds are stylish basses, to be sure. Something about the Warwick Corvette's all hardwood construction makes me happy though. I also made the somewhat ambitious jump to the unmarked fretboard of that fretless Corvette after borrowing a friend's fretless Fender for a couple weeks. I'm basically going to have to go back through that bass with a chromatic tuner and relearn all my scales, but the instrument and the price I got it at ($600 for essentially new) was too good to pass up.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
About time! is that you doing all the female vocals?

Good stuff, when is the tour coming?
knowing me. never. but. yeah. i do vocals! i normally don't. because i think i sound funny, but they turned out alright in the context i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I like how your genre was "good". Good job AQ, you're the next Dolores O'Riordan. ;) hahaha
family bands ftw.

Quote:
Thunderbirds are stylish basses, to be sure. Something about the Warwick Corvette's all hardwood construction makes me happy though. I also made the somewhat ambitious jump to the unmarked fretboard of that fretless Corvette after borrowing a friend's fretless Fender for a couple weeks. I'm basically going to have to go back through that bass with a chromatic tuner and relearn all my scales, but the instrument and the price I got it at ($600 for essentially new) was too good to pass up.
600 new? that's so good. the only reason why i hate the t-bird is that it's like 1000+ lbs. and that hurts my neck... fretless still scares me.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my favorite Buckethead songs

Nottingham Lace
Soothsayer
King James
Towel in the Kitchen
Brewer in the Air
Electronic Slight of Hand

I'll admit I haven't heard about half of his songs, but I have 3 of his albums I think. I like Jordan as well, but Guitar Hero really killed it for me. It'll be awhile before I like that song again.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to Avenged Sevenfold - Brompton Cocktail

I'm not a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan but I love the way this song flows together.

Now it's over as I type this and I've moved on to

Old 03-08-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
600 new? that's so good. the only reason why i hate the t-bird is that it's like 1000+ lbs. and that hurts my neck... fretless still scares me.
Well it was bought in January and played several times by the original owner, so it's not fresh out of the Warwick shop in Germany, but it's pretty damn close. Fretless is going to be a challenge, but I enjoy it so much more than playing with frets. Warwick's weigh a ton as well, so I'll have to contend with that, but that's what giant padded straps are for, I guess.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Some of my favorite Buckethead songs

Nottingham Lace
Soothsayer
King James
Towel in the Kitchen
Brewer in the Air
Electronic Slight of Hand

I'll admit I haven't heard about half of his songs, but I have 3 of his albums I think. I like Jordan as well, but Guitar Hero really killed it for me. It'll be awhile before I like that song again.
Where do you find the time to listen to half his songs?

Guitar Hero didn't really kill Jordan....it made Jordan. The version in the game was recorded specifically for the game. Prior to that he would just play the main riff live as part of a solo medley, and frankly it doesn't sound as good as the recorded version (which was never released on an album).

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 03-08-2009 at 05:03 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Buckethead question is a very difficult one to answer because of the very ecclectic projects and songs he's been a part of. I was first introduced to Buckethead when I purchased a Praxis cd back in the 90's. Here are several very different styles to help you choose from...

Sorry, there's just far far too many. Buckethead is to guitar what Mike Patton is to vocals. Ecclectic out of his mind.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-09-2009 at 02:14 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Sorry, there's just far far too many. Buckethead is to guitar what Mike Patton is to vocals. Ecclectic out of his mind.
which leads me to say that.

is really. really good.

first of all. king buzzo. win. dave lombardo. win. the packaging on the album is probably in the top 10 of all time. it was just too ******* rad the album.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's this AMAZING vintage guitar store in my area called Mike's that I need to go hit up soon. I'm thinkin about buying a short scale '65 Mustang but I think an amp is a more pressing priority right now.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
There's this AMAZING vintage guitar store in my area called Mike's that I need to go hit up soon. I'm thinkin about buying a short scale '65 Mustang but I think an amp is a more pressing priority right now.

if i had an extra 35k to drop on it. i totally would.

amps are more pressing needs 90% of the time. i used to have a marshall mode 4 and then i was like. JUNK. sold it and bought myself a 80's JCM800 and one of these bad boys....

Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I just wish I had enough disposable income to afford a decent amp but thats probably not going to happen for awhile.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

No words needed
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Muse=Greatness
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I just wish I had enough disposable income to afford a decent amp but thats probably not going to happen for awhile.
don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good amps you can buy that are used.

all depends on what you are playing and what sound you're looking for.

i mean, my friend bought a soldano t-100 (the yamaha version), for like 600... although that's considerably more metal and high gain delish than most people are looking for, normally the yamaha's sell for 1200...

or go classic, like a sovtek... sovtek's are amazing pieces of work, if you don't mind not switching channels... the clean is just a fantastic piece of work... and the distortion has enough grit and tone to make me a little squirmy sometimes.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

No words needed
The ONLY Muse song I like.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote