Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm gonna have to throw this out there

Crazy Train > Rainbow in the dark
Only because of Randy Rhoads; who happened to die in a very metal way.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Not at all. Ozzy Osbourn is the most overrated metal singer in history. His solo stuff is absolutely awful.
Zack Wylde would like a word with you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Only because of Randy Rhoads; who happened to die in a very metal way.
Randy may very well be my favorite guitar player of all time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Zack Wylde would like a word with you my friend.
At least Zack Wylde can shred. Who cares if he can't sing?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
At least Zack Wylde can shred. Who cares if he can't sing?
His singing sucks, I wont argue with anyone on that one.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His singing sucks, I wont argue with anyone on that one.
For some odd reason i love his singing.... But then again i love Dave Mustaine's voice too
Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dave Mustaine's voice is unbelievable terrible. I can't stand it. I wish I could take it out of the mix and just listen to Holy Wars, Hangar 18, and Tornado of Souls instrumentally. The only song I like him in was Peace Sells.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Dave Mustaine's voice is unbelievable terrible. I can't stand it. I wish I could take it out of the mix and just listen to Holy Wars, Hangar 18, and Tornado of Souls instrumentally. The only song I like him in was Peace Sells.
I was just talking to a friend about how much better he is when hes not playing/singing hammered. He sent me a couple videos and the differences were noticable. And holy wars is an awesome song.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mustaines singing? Jesus, it's metal. His singing is what it gives it the distinct Megadeth sound. I'm with brothercain, I love his singing.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just talking to a friend about how much better he is when hes not playing/singing hammered. He sent me a couple videos and the differences were noticable. And holy wars is an awesome song.
Idk... i just like the different style i guess. Im also a huge King Diamond fan. If anyone knows who he is
Old 01-12-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Idk... i just like the different style i guess. Im also a huge King Diamond fan. If anyone knows who he is
King Diamond rules, I'm a big fan of his..aswell as Mercyful Fate.

edit:

\m/

Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan : 01-12-2009 at 10:46 PM.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

A couple years ago Megadeath was playing at a six flags on halloween, and six flags had all kinds of things going on that day...... shoulda went to that thing

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
King Diamond rules, I'm a big fan of his..aswell as Mercyful Fate.

edit:

\m/

Tied for my 1st favorite band ever... Have all of his CDs his newest is my favorite
Old 01-13-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
r0ger

Uhh, I don't if I'm the only one but does anyone think that King Crimson is the greatest band ever... hell even Tool admits to ripping off King Crimson. If you haven't ever heard of this band I suggest you give them a listen a.s.a.p they will destroy your mind.
Mastodon is the best prog-rock band imo because no drummer can top Brann Dailor.
Matts/Morgan band - a crazy swedish jazz fusion consisting of a blind keyboardist Matts, and another simply mind blowing drummer named Morgan Agren (he did the drumming to Sol Niger Within, Fredrick T from Meshuggah solo album.)
If you guys are into a crazy mix of something I can't even explain listen to Tera Melos. A lot of polyphonic tapping guitar original line of had 2-3 guitar players and no singer.
I have a lot more to share but it is getting late.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 AM    (permalink
r0ger

Oh yeah Mars Volta is lame because it broke up At the Drive-in
Old 01-13-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
r0ger

BTW I lullaby Thule to sleep with Sea beast.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:12 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't lie

Too make this thread useful....I want to have Craig Owens babies...one of the prettiest vocals I listen too on a daily basis.

What is A.J Minette doing now that he is no longer in the human abstract?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty

Last edited by thule : 01-13-2009 at 03:56 AM.
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Megadeth...mainly because Marty Friedman is one of my fave guitarists of all time...but i like Mustaines vocals aswell, about as unique as you can get!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

\m/ (>.<) \m/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I love Megadeth...mainly because Marty Friedman is one of my fave guitarists of all time...but i like Mustaines vocals aswell, about as unique as you can get!
qft, marty is awesome, this is my favorite of his solos

Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
r0ger

Criag Owens is trash to me because Chiodos is now the new the Used imho.
A.J. pzed tHA because he felt that he couldn't play metal anymore. He is a classical player which you can tell by the Album Nocturne. If anything he might release a traditional classical album with a 7 string acoustic.
http://www.metalunderground.com/news...m?newsid=33688
Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I adore Nevermore. Hopefully I am not the only one who does.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Mustaines singing? Jesus, it's metal. His singing is what it gives it the distinct Megadeth sound. I'm with brothercain, I love his singing.
exactly. the vocals have to fit the style, and mustaine is what megadeth is. it's like you can't remove hetfield from metallica, if metallica didn't have hetfield singing, it wouldn't sound like it did, that quasi-soulful over emphasized... well. how can i explainnnnnnnnn-ah it. i think i just did. points if you get what i mean.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ger View Post
Uhh, I don't if I'm the only one but does anyone think that King Crimson is the greatest band ever... hell even Tool admits to ripping off King Crimson. If you haven't ever heard of this band I suggest you give them a listen a.s.a.p they will destroy your mind.
Mastodon is the best prog-rock band imo because no drummer can top Brann Dailor.
Matts/Morgan band - a crazy swedish jazz fusion consisting of a blind keyboardist Matts, and another simply mind blowing drummer named Morgan Agren (he did the drumming to Sol Niger Within, Fredrick T from Meshuggah solo album.)
If you guys are into a crazy mix of something I can't even explain listen to Tera Melos. A lot of polyphonic tapping guitar original line of had 2-3 guitar players and no singer.
I have a lot more to share but it is getting late.
King Crimson is WAY legit. They're in that realm of super influential but never talked about. Kinda like Zao, At The Gates, and Social Distortion.
Mastodon is something Fenikz would talk about. Well, because Fenikz is awesome, and so is Mastadon. Leviathan was awesome.

Quote:
Oh yeah Mars Volta is lame because it broke up At the Drive-in
No. Cedric and Omar's dope problem broke up ATDI. One of my co-workers here has Guitar Hero:WT and i played it for the first time the other day and was shredding to one armed scissor. For the record, relationship of command is simply a mindbogglingly good album. L'Via L'Viaquez though is an absolutely destructive song. If you know which one that is (track three on the real version of frances the mute), you will know that it is the sexiest song in prog existence.

Quote:
Criag Owens is trash to me because Chiodos is now the new the Used imho.
Craig Owens hits on everything with tits that moves. He is a creepy mother ******. I would also take his voice to Anthony Green and Dallas Green (no relation), just by the virtue that it's slightly more creepy and urgent. Chiodos is the new the Used. But the difference between chiodos and the used is that the used was never good. The similarities are there though that speaks to their congruence. Like both lead singers are major douchebags. They're both sellouts. They both suck now.

That being said. I still can't wait for the new coheed album with chris pennie playing drums. Best thing that could have happened to them. if you don't know chris pennie. go listen to old dillenger escape plan.

or here it is conveniently for you.

live

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I adore Nevermore. Hopefully I am not the only one who does.
Pure power metalzzz! :D

Yeah i like Nervermore too...again mainly because of Jeff Loomis...i have a major boner for guitarists!