Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Airborne
Rookie

Airborne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default No reason for Boldin to stay?

Now that the Cardinals have conclusively showed they can win without Boldin, can we expect Boldin to play somewhere else next year?
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did his 2 catches for 72 yards and a TD just go right by you before you made this thread?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Airborne
Rookie

Airborne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
L. Fitzgerald 8 166 1 41
S. Breaston 4 28 0 12
J. Arrington 3 10 0 9
E. James 1 9 0 9
J. Urban 2 5 0 8
T. Castille 1 3 0 3
T. Hightower 1 3 1 3
E. Doucet 1 -4 0 -4

Am I missing something?
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would they let him go? But if they are dumb enough, I will cut myself until the Ravens pick him up. IDC if we can't re-sign Terrell Suggs, Boldin is a beast.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be stupid for them to let him go. Teams have trouble with them because they can't double both Fitz and Boldin.

Besides, it might be Leinart throwing to these guys next year. He'll need all the help he can get.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends what they use the money they are saving on Boldin, for.

If say they say goodbye to Boldin and Suggs hits the market. I would expect them to make a hard run at him.

The win against Carolina was a big one for them in gaining confidence but it had a hell of a lot to do with Delhomme blowing nuts rather then ridiculously superior play. Losing Boldin would mean a more rounded offensive gameplan(you know... Like using Edge and Arrington more).

Anyway. I could see based on the success of Breaston this season the argument for allowing Boldin to leave. I wouldn't advise it unless you were going to make a committed run at a game changer on D.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing is though, who are you going to get back that is as good as Boldin? He and Fitz are the Top 2 WRs in the league, I've been saying it all season and still think it. If it's veteran Kurt Warner or a young QB under center, either would benefit greatly from having both receivers to help make their job a lot easier.

Even if Terrell Suggs hits the market, he's not close to as good as Boldin is at their respective positions. The only possible candidate is Nnamdi Asomugha. And either of those guys is going to take up as much cap space as a Boldin extension would, if not maybe even more, which is back to the same problem. Otherwise they wouldn't be trading Boldin.

If they're set on moving him because of the issues with cap space, more likely it's going to take a heck of a lot of draft picks to get Boldin.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Boldin is under contract and willing to play, I'd keep him around. The passing game is teh strength of your team and you have an incredible WR corps in Fitz-Boldin-Breaston-Doucet.

Your run game has struggled all season and though its been better in the playoffs, its still far from great.

If Warner stays (or even if its Leinart) I'd keep those receivers together and use the offseason to get help for the run game. Get a complete offense and in that weak division, you could make another run next year with ease.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
As long as Boldin is under contract and willing to play, I'd keep him around. The passing game is teh strength of your team and you have an incredible WR corps in Fitz-Boldin-Breaston-Doucet.

Your run game has struggled all season and though its been better in the playoffs, its still far from great.

If Warner stays (or even if its Leinart) I'd keep those receivers together and use the offseason to get help for the run game. Get a complete offense and in that weak division, you could make another run next year with ease.
Sorry, dude. But it cracks me up when people talk about the Cards' WR corps and mention Doucet (90 yds, 0 TD) but don't mention Jerheme Urban (448 yds, 4 TD).

I'm hoping Boldin can stay, he makes all the receivers around him better (e.g. inspiring Fitz to do more after the catch this year). I imagine the Cards will free up a lot of $ by releasing Edge.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As BeerBaron said, as long as he's under contract and willing to play, he ain't going nowhere. Now, if he starts to be a ***** like Chad Johnson (which I doubt), then maybe they'd trade him if they really don't have the cap.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
Sorry, dude. But it cracks me up when people talk about the Cards' WR corps and mention Doucet (90 yds, 0 TD) but don't mention Jerheme Urban (448 yds, 4 TD).

I'm hoping Boldin can stay, he makes all the receivers around him better (e.g. inspiring Fitz to do more after the catch this year). I imagine the Cards will free up a lot of $ by releasing Edge.
Well add in whoever you want....I just knew Doucet was a 3rd rounder and I expect him to see more time headed forward. Your just adding to my argument anyway. :)
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll stay. I'm sure they will hear offers, but keeping Boldin is huge for them.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I always say a guy has only himself to blame for the contract he signs, and that he's stuck with it afterwards, Boldin deserves more money. He needs a new deal, or some new money on his existing deal.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Even though I always say a guy has only himself to blame for the contract he signs, and that he's stuck with it afterwards, Boldin deserves more money. He needs a new deal, or some new money on his existing deal.
He does deserve more money but you could probably say that about just about anyone who still plays at a high level a year or two after signing the new deal. More and more money is thrown around each year that its ridiculous. Most contracts become outdated very quickly.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If hes still under contract and wants to play why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope oakland tries to land this guy.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i'm Boldin, i'm pushing as hard as i can for a new deal, or a trade so i can get a new deal. He just tweaked a hammy (huge for a WR), he got his snot destroyed earlier in the year, and he's a guy whose success thrives on his physicality and toughness. He's nearing that big age milestone pretty soon as well, so i'm not sure he's gonna get as big of money he can get right now, two years from now.

There will be plenty of teams interested in his services, and i'm sure more than one would be willing to throw in a first rounder with a third and another decent player. Steve Breaston has shown he can be a #2, and a very good one at that, so i don't think the production will drop too much.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin's style makes him injury prone. That is what keeps him from being a truly great WR. He rarely, if ever, plays a full season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets should try and get him... We need a real play maker at WR

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Boldin's style makes him injury prone. That is what keeps him from being a truly great WR. He rarely, if ever, plays a full season.
Which is why he needs to get paid ASAP. He knows that and Rosenhaus knows that. The Cardinals won't budge because they know that as well. If they're gonna try and shaft him like that, at least do him a favor in getting him to a team where he'll get paid, and you still get value similar to what he can offer your team.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as the Cards keep Kurt Warner, theyre not going to miss Boldin too much. According to Football Outsiders, Fitz had the 3rd best season for a WR this year, Boldin the 8th and Steve Breaston the 12th

Obviously this is a cherry picked measure and isn't completely representative of what Boldin brings to a team, but the point is that they have a pretty damn good guy to fill in (and with Fitz they don't have to worry about keeping a playmaker). Whether the reason for that be the system, Warner or Breaston himself doesnt matter

BTW, Jerheme Urban sucks. I have never seen a receiver cause more interceptions than him. He constantly has balls bounce off his body, pads, helmet, hands, etc and into the other teams hands.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was one game I would not cut/trade him dude is a beast.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brooder
Rookie

Brooder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boldin will be in a Giant uniform next season unless the Giants feel they can get a good WR in the first round of the draft.
Brooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His contract is reason to stay, he has no choice but to return, Arizona isn't stupid and they won't trade him just for the hell of it...I honestly think they would rather pay for two highly paid WR's then give up a WR for scraps, especially someone with the capability of Boldin, makes no sense.

Unless a blockbuster presents itself, where maybe they can get an elite defensive player and swap, or they get two 1st, I highly doubt he goes anywhere...Yes they can win without him, but he's too good to just hand to another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin has 2 years left and they'd tag him for atlest 1 year. The Cardinals have plenty of time to work out a long-term deal. Contrary to what he says, if he is offered a big contract he will take it, whether it is this off-season or 2 off-season from now.

By waiting not only might they save money, if Breston turns out to be really good they could consider trading Boldin at that point. Or trade Breston I geuss. No need to rush.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote