Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charger for life. I'm sure his intent is to retire once his contract runs out in 2011.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Unless someone offers a great deal a Charger he will be.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may not be the best in the league anymore, trading him would be stupid. He can still be productive. In fact, never count out a RB who has shown the ability to keep in top notch physical condition. A lot of people counted out Curtis Martin who led the league in rushing at the age of 31, and even Emmitt Smith had a 900 yard, 9 touchdown season for the Cardinals at age 35.

Ye of little faith...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before the injury he was actually looking very much like the old LT we've come to know, I think this is all an overreaction. He may not be able to carry the complete load anymore, but he's in great physical condition as Shiver noted above, which is essential at that age and he's probably still in the best situation possible in SD.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not seeing it at all. Sure, some players who are very attached to a franchise have moved in the past, but I can't see them doing it while he still has some gas left (look at the final game against the Broncos where he finally got healthy, he showed a lot of the LT we know him to be) and is still the face of the franchise. However, I think that they do need to make sure that Sproles returns for them.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
LT's play has certainly declined, but the play of the O-line gets overlooked when looking at a running backs performance. The Chargers O-line played miserably this season, and the fact that LT was still able to run for 1,000 yards is amazing and shows he's certainly capable of duplicating another 1,000 yard season. I think if we re-sign Sproles or acquire another quality running back and give them more playing time, it should preserve LT at least another couple years. We'll see what transpires in the off-season, but I can guarantee you that if LT gets traded there's going to be riots in the streets and I might join in.
Cosign, what a joke this thread is.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sproles will leave if someone offers and he has a guaranteed spot for the starting job.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont think the Chargers trade him because they have a fan base that would riot if they did, even though I agree he is on the decline. However i will play along.

Three teams jumped out at me that could use him.

Den- IF SD trades him it would not be inside the division so this would never happen.

ARZ- Edge is all but gone even if ARZ wins it all and Hightower stinks. Lets say ARZ doesnt win the super bowl and they know that they will have one more look with Warner dont they offer their 1st to get LT? Wouldnt SD have to consider this?

PHI-Similar to Arz, lets say they dont win it all, could they one of their 1sts for LT who would help solve their short yardage issues and allow Westbrook more time in the slot.

Again doubt it happens but those are 3 teams that it could make sense for.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Some fans, the younger ones usually, really struggle with that concept. They have a hard time letting go, a hard time with change.

Joe Montana
Emmitt Smith
Jerry Rice
Brett Favre
Reggie White

5 recent superhero caliber guys. They didn't end up on the team that they earned the HOF for. If it happened to those guys, it CAN happen to LT. Will it, you and I don't know.
I was asking fans of teams who need a RB what they would pay for LT.
Apparently that's too hard for some people to grasp. Especially the grapes.

I like how you call me a "younger fan", and then list Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, and Reggie White when were talking about players who were "traded" from their original team...Have you ever heard of Free Agency? If your going to use examples then try using ones that make sense with what your asking, and Brett Favre was traded before playing, again nowhere close to the situation to LT.

Secondly, I understand that teams are not obligated to stick with a player because of his past, that's what you assumed from my post...I do not feel that the Chargers will trade LT though, especially not now, when you consider what they would get back in a trade, and what he's worth to that organization.

Posing the question of whether or not he will be traded, no it's not happening right now, and every player has a different situation so bringing up older players does nothing for your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT isnt going anywhere. Talk about knee jerk reaction. He was injured and his O-line didnt help his cause. He played through it and it bit him in his ass come playoff time.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

What's knee-jerk about it?
As I said, in my keeper league, I traded him on our draft day.
The writing was on the wall.
Guess who I drafted instead, and in my other league?
Michael Turner.

LT's situation is so similar to Shaun Alexander it's uncanny.
Ask Seahawk Nation if when Alexander had the 27-TD season and was MVP, if they though he was a Seahawk for life, and they'd say the same thing back then as I read here about LT.

I traded him last year.
So should San Diego have.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you really comparing real life to what you did in a fantasy football league?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So just because u traded LT then we should? Do u know how stupid that sounds?

Shaun Alexanders similar to whats happening to LT? Shaun Alexander went from a 27 TD season to 7 TDs and not even putting up 900 yds. Then the season after LTs 28 TD season he ran for 1400 yds and 15 TDs and this season even with the injury hes been struggling with and his Oline not performing and him not having a real fullback the whole year he still ran for 1100 yds and 11 TDs. I dont see whats so similar to Alexanders situation, what hes not putting up elite numbers we have to panic?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Before the injury he was actually looking very much like the old LT we've come to know, I think this is all an overreaction. He may not be able to carry the complete load anymore, but he's in great physical condition as Shiver noted above, which is essential at that age and he's probably still in the best situation possible in SD.
First of all I dont think he goes anywhere but my problem is that's two years in a row he's got hurt at crunch times in the season. First it was his knee(I think) last year, then his toe and now his groin. Its just an unfortunate fact that RBs get hurt more often and very often earlier than any other position. The best move for SD is resign Sproles and start giving him more of the snaps to take the pressure off LT because when healthy he is still elite
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
So just because u traded LT then we should? Do u know how stupid that sounds?

Shaun Alexanders similar to whats happening to LT? Shaun Alexander went from a 27 TD season to 7 TDs and not even putting up 900 yds. Then the season after LTs 28 TD season he ran for 1400 yds and 15 TDs and this season even with the injury hes been struggling with and his Oline not performing and him not having a real fullback the whole year he still ran for 1100 yds and 11 TDs. I dont see whats so similar to Alexanders situation, what hes not putting up elite numbers we have to panic?
he doesnt put enough Fantasy points on the board. he has to go.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Turner.

Ask Seahawk Nation if when Alexander had the 27-TD season and was MVP, if they though he was a Seahawk for life, and they'd say the same thing back then as I read here about LT.

I traded him last year.
Awful, please go back to the basement.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
First of all I dont think he goes anywhere but my problem is that's two years in a row he's got hurt at crunch times in the season. First it was his knee(I think) last year, then his toe and now his groin. Its just an unfortunate fact that RBs get hurt more often and very often earlier than any other position. The best move for SD is resign Sproles and start giving him more of the snaps to take the pressure off LT because when healthy he is still elite
This. Chargers should keep him and then use him sparingly until the play offs. This season was a bit rough and they needed all the help they could get to make the play offs, so it's understandable that LT was getting the majority of the load. However, next season, that needs to change imo.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Michael Turner.

I traded him last year.
Whoot! Whoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Last edited by captainjack27 : 01-12-2009 at 01:39 PM.
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
He's getting old people. He's breaking down. Do you blinders have any idea the type of punishment this guy has absorbed for 10+ years counting college?

He was durable, but as he's getting older, it's not the case any longer, as pointed out above.
-As you all have noticed the past 2 seasons the Chargers have exited the playoffs with him nursing various ailments. He couldn't answer the bell.

It is what it is brah. Like it or not.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's getting old people. He's breaking down. Do you blinders have any idea the type of punishment this guy has absorbed for 10+ years counting college?

He was durable, but as he's getting older, it's not the case any longer, as pointed out above.
-As you all have noticed the past 2 seasons the Chargers have exited the playoffs with him nursing various ailments. He couldn't answer the bell.

Does this count as a double post?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yea....give him a Oline and someone to take some carries and he should be fine...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
yea....give him a Oline and someone to take some carries and he should be fine...
Exactly, he's not the running back that he was in the past but that doesn't mean that he's worthless, he's still a good/great RB when healthy.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ataribigby, wanna come drink some Natty ice and play some gamecube with me bra? Bra it'll be so chill, we'll just chill
Sorry I hate when ppl say bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bottom line is he didn't play hard in the middle of the season until the team plummetted to 4-8. That's when he gave the speech about playing for pride (talking about himself in many ways). He's still a top 5 running back in the NFL when he is finishing runs and is healthy enough to make his cuts. I believe that he still has what it takes to get it done. I don't think AJ Smith is going to re-sign Sproles, unless Sproles takes less money. LT's still got the open field moves and speed so I feel he has two good years left, provided he stays healthy.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the Bolts should have cashed in LT last year and gone with the fresh legs of the Burner instead. They got nothing for the Burner, but could have gotten some nice parting gifts for LT after all his high mileage.

Anyway, it's too late for that but I think they should trade LT this off-season, and use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a new RB. Guys like Forte and Slaton, etc. can be found after the 1st round. Perhaps a gem falls to them in round 1, who knows.

But my questions to you guys are:

A) What team would be in the market for LaDanian Tomlinson
B) What would LT fetch in trade value?

The normal suckers for robberie trades are Dallas and Oakland, Minny perhaps, but they're set at that position.
It wont happen. Its like saying the Patriots are going to trade Tom Brady because he had a "down" year as well. LT was injured like Brady was. You cant compare a 41 year old Favre with a 29 year old LT.