Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
so if next season adrian peterson has down year is off over the hill in need of trading?
He is not about to turn 30. RBS usually decline at 28.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang
Because he has the best chances to win a SB in San Diego. He loves San Diego, has always played there, why wouldnt he help out the team? reworking contracts doesnt mean that u get less money...
Reworking it means moving the money around the years of the contract. So money due this year is moved 1-2 or maybe three years down the track. At which time SD could invariably cut him and LdT would miss out on all that money he could have earnt way back in 2009.

This isn't a situation like Romo, Brady or Manning reworking there deals to accomodate other players. RB is probably the easiest position on ANY team to fill. LdT at 30+ is expendable(which is incredibly hard to even fathom)

Quote:
again, the problem really isnt LT. I watched a couple of SD games. And the Blocking was horrible, especially the FB blocking is horrendous. Those guys have to outjuke 1 guy just to get to the Line of scrimmage. Also, LT missed his first game since 2005. He obviously has some injuries, but darn, as soon as u pass that guy the ball he made nice plays. I mean he had 1.500+ yards from scrimmage, thats top10 in the league. With injuries. With horrible blocking...
Well then an issue they need to resolve is getting a FB to effectively replace Lorenzo Neal.

Quote:
Why trade a proven top15 (at least) back for someone like Chris Wells? who has injury concerns? I mean, build a oline, let LT & Sproles (or another complimentary bacK) run some more years, spend a late round pick on a RB and develop him. Oline > RB.
I still think someone like Deuce McAllister... A bruiser to Sproles speed. And netting an extra pick in the draft gives you an opportunity to pick a blocking FB/Extra Runner/More meat on the O-Line.

Like I said. It's about what you have to do to make it work with LdT. I think if you keep LdT. You probably can't resign Sproles which means you have to draft probably TWO RB's(even late. That's two picks on a position where you already have a "top 15" back.)... You still have to spend money/pick on a Good Blocking FB. And you have to look at improving the O-Line through the draft/FA with a view to immediate improvement(which is either costly or REALLY good drafting)...

Trade LdT and you have another draft pick... Enough money to retain Sproles. Still a need to draft a third rusher and a Blocking Fullback. But as I said it's with the added advantage of an extra pick. Same issue with the O-Line(although I think three effective backs can do alot to help an Offensive Line protect as Defences have far too much to think about with different types of rushers in the backfield.)

Plus the Chargers have to figure that with a three headed monster. There won't be an insane reliance on ONE guy where if that guy goes down there is NOONE to step in.

Quote:
U have the Fan favorite who is a top15 back with a horrible oline and want to trade him for an unproven back that could turn out to be someone like cedric benson running behind a bad oline. yea that sounds good? to me.
No... Optimally. I would like to pick up a veteran. Deuce McAllister, Larry Johnson(odd choice but possibly)...Someone who could use the change of scenery and would be a somewhat fair trade with LdT...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Reworking it means moving the money around the years of the contract. So money due this year is moved 1-2 or maybe three years down the track. At which time SD could invariably cut him and LdT would miss out on all that money he could have earnt way back in 2009.

This isn't a situation like Romo, Brady or Manning reworking there deals to accomodate other players. RB is probably the easiest position on ANY team to fill. LdT at 30+ is expendable(which is incredibly hard to even fathom)

Well then an issue they need to resolve is getting a FB to effectively replace Lorenzo Neal.

I still think someone like Deuce McAllister... A bruiser to Sproles speed. And netting an extra pick in the draft gives you an opportunity to pick a blocking FB/Extra Runner/More meat on the O-Line.

Like I said. It's about what you have to do to make it work with LdT. I think if you keep LdT. You probably can't resign Sproles which means you have to draft probably TWO RB's(even late. That's two picks on a position where you already have a "top 15" back.)... You still have to spend money/pick on a Good Blocking FB. And you have to look at improving the O-Line through the draft/FA with a view to immediate improvement(which is either costly or REALLY good drafting)...

Trade LdT and you have another draft pick... Enough money to retain Sproles. Still a need to draft a third rusher and a Blocking Fullback. But as I said it's with the added advantage of an extra pick. Same issue with the O-Line(although I think three effective backs can do alot to help an Offensive Line protect as Defences have far too much to think about with different types of rushers in the backfield.)

Plus the Chargers have to figure that with a three headed monster. There won't be an insane reliance on ONE guy where if that guy goes down there is NOONE to step in.

No... Optimally. I would like to pick up a veteran. Deuce McAllister, Larry Johnson(odd choice but possibly)...Someone who could use the change of scenery and would be a somewhat fair trade with LdT...
how about giving him more signing bonus instead of salary? kinda like Snyder does every year?

I doubt sproles can handle a year of carries. he is a complimentary back and i doubt he wont wear down. They definitely need a FB and fix the Oline. They would need a complimentary for Sproles. Why not LT?

And where is the difference between Deuce, LJ and LT besides LT being better than both of them?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how about giving him more signing bonus instead of salary? kinda like Snyder does every year?

I doubt sproles can handle a year of carries. he is a complimentary back and i doubt he wont wear down. They definitely need a FB and fix the Oline. They would need a complimentary for Sproles. Why not LT?

And where is the difference between Deuce, LJ and LT besides LT being better than both of them?
Deuce is cheaper. LJ is younger... Deuce is willing to work in a platoon.(plus he's on the outer at New Orleans with the emergence of Pierre)...

But if either were traded with LdT. SD would be looking at getting the player traded as well as a pick. That extra pick could be used on the third complimentary back needed to run a successful platoon.

I also doubt Sproles could handle a full load.(would never tell him though. He would prove me wrong)... But you wouldn't be giving LdT away for nothing. You would definately be picking up a RB in return.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lj is younger by like 2 months younger.
Deuce is even more injury prone than LT and hasnt shown anything in the last 2 years.

extra picks have like a horrible chance to turn out to be something. with the RB being not that good u could get, it would be a lot lot lot of risk

Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

Quote:
Lj is younger by like 2 months younger.
Deuce is even more injury prone than LT and hasnt shown anything in the last 2 years.

extra picks have like a horrible chance to turn out to be something. with the RB being not that good u could get, it would be a lot lot lot of risk
Extra Picks allow you more opportunity to hit and fill holes in your squad. Just because Oakland and Washington treat them like Hooker's. Doesn't mean they are.

I thought LJ was at least a year or two younger. Even still he was just a name being tossed out there. They need a guy who is more of a fit for a multiple back system. LdT earns far too much money to be that type of back. The money tied up in him determines how many carries he gets.

Even someone like Travis Henry wouldn't be a bad option(assuming they DO get a 3rd guy in the draft)...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

So do the first round picks like Stewart or DWilliams. I doubt theyll trade one

Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post

Hater in the house. i mean, at the end of the day there is a side to the "LT will not be a Charger" argument that can appear rational. But this isn't it. This is a suggestion that Deuce, LJ and Ladainian are even in the same atmosphere. I think this might be the worst thing I've read on this board in a while if I hadn't gone over that mock draft in the 2009 Draft forum. :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Hater in the house. i mean, at the end of the day there is a side to the "LT will not be a Charger" argument that can appear rational. But this isn't it.......I think this might be the worst thing I've read on this board in a while if I hadn't gone over that mock draft in the 2009 Draft forum. :D
You used that line already. Face it: you'd rather sink WITH your hero Tomlinson than you would cashing him in and risking the future without him, whether it's better or worse. If you have confidence in your GM, it should be better. We all agree that Sproles is great, should stay, but probably can't handle 20 carries a game. LeSean McCoy would look awfully good in powder blue next season.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

u do know that Rookies dont usually turn out like this years RBs do you?

Old 01-13-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chris johnson is a hero with a long career ahead of him, as long as we spell him enough
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
chris johnson is a hero with a long career ahead of him, as long as we spell him enough
he is just mad the Rookies scored more Fantasy points

Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously doubt that LT finishes his career anywhere outside of San Diego, but you have to admit that AJ Smith knows what he's doing with draft picks and how to play the draft in general.

Still don't think you trade the face of your franchise for anything though, especially when he's been so good for so many years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

cause hester was awesome? :D

Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What these ignorant guys dont understand is that SD is ready to win a superbowl. Why would we trade away LT for a rookie and rely on a rookie to take us to the superbowl. And Ataribigby, why do you insist that we are scared of a change? People are so quick to panic when a RB doesnt put up his elite numbers. And still you continue to ignore to my replies and just keep ranting on thinking you are some internet badass because u think u have the balls to say we need to trade LT.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
cause hester was awesome? :D
hey hey now, thats one bad draft pick. It was a reach but he is a good receiving FB, we just need that blocking FB. And i think its 29 out of 31 players on our starting lineup are draft picks. :P

Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
You used that line already. Face it: you'd rather sink WITH your hero Tomlinson than you would cashing him in and risking the future without him, whether it's better or worse. If you have confidence in your GM, it should be better. We all agree that Sproles is great, should stay, but probably can't handle 20 carries a game. LeSean McCoy would look awfully good in powder blue next season.
No, I just know what an injury is. No one would rather sink, some people just recognize that great players are capable of being hurt one year and coming back the next. Pop in the last few games of this year, you will see LT dancing around like he always has. It's sad that he got hurt again, but it is what it is. Lesean McCoy is a slick looking player but doesn't warrant passing up our serious needs at RG/RT and all along the defense.

Jacob Hester...god. Easily AJ's worst move. At least we get some production out of him, but how much would I love to have that 2nd rounder back.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout the Pats give you back the Jacob Hester pick for LT? Still don't understand what you guys saw in Hester and there is no reason for the Chargers to give up LT right now.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
hey hey now, thats one bad draft pick. It was a reach but he is a good receiving FB, we just need that blocking FB. And i think its 29 out of 31 players on our starting lineup are draft picks. :P
it obviously is a joke. :D

Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
How bout the Pats give you back the Jacob Hester pick for LT? Still don't understand what you guys saw in Hester and there is no reason for the Chargers to give up LT right now.
What, you don't see 2nd round value in a slow, unathletic fullback who can't block?

Oh right, he is a "football player." That's the same description AJ used when he tried to sell the fans on Eric Weddle. I do not think this strategy is sound.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What, you don't see 2nd round value in a slow, unathletic fullback who can't block?

Oh right, he is a "football player." That's the same description AJ used when he tried to sell the fans on Eric Weddle. I do not think this strategy is sound.
Yeah Hester was a good college player, unforutnately the NFL is different from college football. I never understood the Hester pick, I thought Weddle would be decent though.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I hated Weddle so much earlier on the year, but I have to say he finished up the season pretty good.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I hated Weddle so much earlier on the year, but I have to say he finished up the season pretty good.
Yah he probably played well enough down the stretch to keep his job next year, but his top 5 highlights this year are as follows:

5. Missing the final TD deflection against Carolina by inches.

4. Missing the final TD deflection against Denver by inches.

3. Going for the kill shot against Dwayne Bowe...only to epically bounce off. Spectacular fail.

2. Trying to drag down Big Ben and failing...like a 4 year old wrestling with daddy.

1. Punt meets head.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think anyone will give you what Tomlinson is worth. Every team in the league has seen his injuries and know that hes nearing the end of his career. You'll probably get the most out of him by riding him until the wheels fall off. Theres not much trade value left, so get the solid season or 2 he has left and let him go when his contract is done. Its not like he had a horrible year or anything, hes still among the best backs in the league.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The very first neg rep i got in this forum was from Staubach because i was talking smack about Jacob Hester. :(