Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-11-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default **AFC Championship Game**

Wow.. I can't believe we even got this far. Our whole season rests on this one game. I know the players want it so bad but after seeing Chris Johnson single-handely man-handle our defense, I think Willie Parker can't wait to have his turn. Steelers are more rested that us, they are the more healthier team, and have already beaten us twice. I think all odds are against us in this game. Especially if we play the same gameplan that we did the first two times we played em. That was, play so damn conservativly and constantly put our defense on the field, WE CANT DO THAT! Our defense is soo beat up and tired, they were missin tackles and getting pushed around by the WR's. We need more aggressive play calling, possibly even, start McGahee or Rice over McClain. Our offense is going to need to come through if we wanna have a shot at this game. No doubt in my mind, this will be the toughest game of the season. I really don't like our odds.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it is an old fashion blood bath. Going to be a great game.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt its gonna be as close as people think, Terrell Sugs might not play and that is a HUGE blow to our pass rush, which leads to Big Ben having more time to pick apart our god-awful secondary. They have looked good in recent weeks but that is LARGELY due to the pressure we get on the passer. Also, if anyone saw Chris Johnson against our defense last week, Im sure they'd expect similiar success from Parker. Only way we win this game is that our stops being so damn conservative.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I doubt its gonna be as close as people think, Terrell Sugs might not play and that is a HUGE blow to our pass rush, which leads to Big Ben having more time to pick apart our god-awful secondary. They have looked good in recent weeks but that is LARGELY due to the pressure we get on the passer. Also, if anyone saw Chris Johnson against our defense last week, Im sure they'd expect similiar success from Parker. Only way we win this game is that our stops being so damn conservative.
I'll tell you what, I think this could be the week..I can't help but notice that while Ben is constantly making big plays, he still has the world's worst O-line. If we can wear that line down, and actually get on top of Ben, it'll be hell of a game for the D. That's HIGHLY wishful thinking though. The Steelers looked damn good yesterday, and I'm very nervous. I hope whoever is the D Coordinator next year can get these guys to TACKLE PLAYERS!

And who exactly is being conservative? Are you talking about the offense? It's easily one of the least "conservative" offenses this team has had in quite some time. They're not gonna always stretch the field non-stop but you gotta do what you gotta do to keep field position. It's a young offense too, that's the great thing. If they can keep improving as a unit, it's gonna be a scary one eventually.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC Championship game is going to be a battle. This is going to be so intense. I doubt Willie Parker does what CJ did. I just don't see the Steelers O-line making those kinds of blocks and don't see Parker making people miss like that. Now I will agree that we need to open up the pass a little bit this game. We can not be afraid of this defense because there not afraid of ours. I say who ever turns the ball over more loses and to me its that simple. The Ravens proved Saturday that "we will bend but we will not break". Teams can get up field on us but if you don't put that ball in the end zone you probably wont beat us. This is all about who wants it more and I am know Rex Ryan and Ray Lewis will have our defense ready for this game. I am nervous but pumped at the same time. Good Luck Steelers and COME ON RAVENS. May the best team win.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I really think this game will have more pressure than the Super Bowl (if we make it) I don't think either Arizona or Philly matches up well with us. Even though Arizona has the best WR corp in the league, they are more of a finease(sp) football team and fienease teams don't match up well against agressive smash mouth teams. Sorry for that post, I know we are playing Pittsburgh next week I thought that was pretty interesting.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

We are 1 win from the Super Bowl...

RIDICULOUS
Old 01-12-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
We are 1 win from the Super Bowl...

RIDICULOUS
my thoughts exactly
our offense really needs to change our gameplan from the 1st two meetings or else it will come down to the end again and the steelers D cant wait to put Joe Flacco into a position where he needs to win the game for the ravens

im so excited!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Willie does anything that Chris Johnson does. Our OL has been awful all year and Willie has never had a good game agaisnt the Ravens.

Suggs already said he was playing so he'll be there. The pass rush will be able to get to Ben. The line looked good against SD, but that is an awful pass rush. Our line struggled against the complex Ravens schemes in the first two matchups. Getting pressure on Ben will force him to make mistakes. He has been known to be careless with the ball.

I don't think the Raven offense can do anything against the Steelers. If I'm LeBeau I shut down the run game and cover Mason. Flacco looks to Mason first every play, and he is much worse when he has to move on to his second read. The Ravens love to put an extra tackle out there and it has worked to shut down some of the best pass rushes in the league. If we can't get pressure on Flacco he is going to find one of his targets.

This game is going to be amazing. Its going to be a defensive battle which neither team can afford a mistake. I honestly think it is a better matchup for the Ravens than the Steelers.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
No way Willie does anything that Chris Johnson does. Our OL has been awful all year and Willie has never had a good game agaisnt the Ravens.

Suggs already said he was playing so he'll be there. The pass rush will be able to get to Ben. The line looked good against SD, but that is an awful pass rush. Our line struggled against the complex Ravens schemes in the first two matchups. Getting pressure on Ben will force him to make mistakes. He has been known to be careless with the ball.

I don't think the Raven offense can do anything against the Steelers. If I'm LeBeau I shut down the run game and cover Mason. Flacco looks to Mason first every play, and he is much worse when he has to move on to his second read. The Ravens love to put an extra tackle out there and it has worked to shut down some of the best pass rushes in the league. If we can't get pressure on Flacco he is going to find one of his targets.

This game is going to be amazing. Its going to be a defensive battle which neither team can afford a mistake. I honestly think it is a better matchup for the Ravens than the Steelers.
I agree its going to be hard to beat the Ravens 3 times in one season. Not saying its not possible but the way the ravens prepare for something like this is ridiculous. I believe both teams will be well prepared for this game and it will come down to the same thing as it always does and thats who makes the first mistake. The past 2 games it has been the Ravens hopefully this game it will be the Steelers.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Raven Domination
Rookie

Raven Domination hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Wow.. I can't believe we even got this far. Our whole season rests on this one game. I know the players want it so bad but after seeing Chris Johnson single-handely man-handle our defense, I think Willie Parker can't wait to have his turn. Steelers are more rested that us, they are the more healthier team, and have already beaten us twice. I think all odds are against us in this game. Especially if we play the same gameplan that we did the first two times we played em. That was, play so damn conservativly and constantly put our defense on the field, WE CANT DO THAT! Our defense is soo beat up and tired, they were missin tackles and getting pushed around by the WR's. We need more aggressive play calling, possibly even, start McGahee or Rice over McClain. Our offense is going to need to come through if we wanna have a shot at this game. No doubt in my mind, this will be the toughest game of the season. I really don't like our odds.
Parker is not as fast as Johnson and his o-line surely isn't as good as the Titans. Parker has never destroyed the Ravens. So why think he's going to start now in the biggest game of the year for the Ravens?
Raven Domination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had a dream that we beat the dolphins in the afc championship game 71-7... weird

im so excited still! omg the wait is killer!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going, pray I dont get my ass kicked lol. It will be so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the word on McClain? I know Suggs is a game time decision, but does anyone think he will be restricted due to his shoulder?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie

savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile Should Be A Great Tittle Game In PA

I am a longtime Steelers fan and I know this game will be a great game. I do think that your Ravens looked kind of tired last week vs the Titans, but that is a good team that you guys just beat. Now, Chris Johnson did look good until he got injured and I am sure that Willie Parker noticed that and so did the Steelers' coaches. But we still must play the game and I think the Ravens will be ready, it will be a very big suprise to me if this game is not a lot like the last 2 meetings this season.
Again, good luck and may the best team win..
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I am going, pray I dont get my ass kicked lol. It will be so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!
I have NEVER seen a fight between a Steelers fan and a fan of another team at Heinz field. I was at the Browns game and the Chargers game and they both had a decent amount of fans there and there wern't any problems. You'll be fine.

Should be an amazing game. I wish I was going.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

I think Suggs and McClain will be fine. Suggs had a shoulder sprain and 8 days should be enough time for him to be almost 100%. I want to know how Rolle is doing. I also know that Polamalu has been injured and is game time decision. I think he will play just like Suggs will but Polamalu said it was god willing when they asked if he was playing Sunday.

John Wall
Old 01-15-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I doubt Suggs will be 100% come gameday. He was showing signs of pain just yesterday.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I doubt Suggs will be 100% come gameday. He was showing signs of pain just yesterday.
I don't think he will be in enough pain to stop him from playing. I also don't think that he will be in enough pain to be a non-factor so I think we will be fine.

John Wall
Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I don't think he will be in enough pain to stop him from playing. I also don't think that he will be in enough pain to be a non-factor so I think we will be fine.
anything to back up this or is it just your expert opinion

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Its Suggs. Hes never missed a game in his career. Hes not about to make the AFC Championship the first.

All of these players are going to play through whatever injuries they have. This one is to important.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Yea I have already read that Suggs will be playing(I will try to find where i read it at). I am wondering about Samari Rolle

John Wall
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If Rolle doesn't play, expect us to attack your secondary with ease. I think we try and be balanced, but if we can't run, expect Holmes, Hines, and Heath to be involved a lot, although I believe Hines and Heath will be involved a lot and should.

Oh god, I cannot wait untill Sunday. Only a few short days left. Luckily I have plans for the rest of the week for it to go by fast.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
If Rolle doesn't play, expect us to attack your secondary with ease. I think we try and be balanced, but if we can't run, expect Holmes, Hines, and Heath to be involved a lot, although I believe Hines and Heath will be involved a lot and should.

Oh god, I cannot wait untill Sunday. Only a few short days left. Luckily I have plans for the rest of the week for it to go by fast.
Yea I don't expect anything to come with ease when your talking Offense in this game. I will say it will be easier. I am with you I am illing for this game like a crackhead does when they don't have crack.

John Wall
Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Suggs I dont think will be a big factor for Baltimore. That shoulder injury is going to limit him big time.

Trust me, I played with a dislocated shoulder and I didn't and couldn't hit with my right arm because of the pain and how it would dislocate all the time.