Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-15-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Suggs I dont think will be a big factor for Baltimore. That shoulder injury is going to limit him big time.

Trust me, I played with a dislocated shoulder and I didn't and couldn't hit with my right arm because of the pain and how it would dislocate all the time.
Dude I am supposed to trust you because you played with a dislocated shoulder? First you are not a NFL player so you don't have the resources to get healthy. Second, This is the AFCC game he will be ready. Third, a hurt Suggs pass rush is better than a healthy pass block from who ever your Offensive lineman is.:)
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when he doesn't play well, I dont want to hear you ***** or moan saying that he was hurt.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So when he doesn't play well, I dont want to hear you ***** or moan saying that he was hurt.
No you wont hear it from me. When he does have a good game It will prove my point about your O-line.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://masnsports.com/2009/01/suggs-...wont-play.html

I don't buy it for a second. Suggs will be on the field.

And no Steelers fan is going to even try to say that our line isn't awful. No need to try to prove that as your point.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suggs I dont think will be a big factor for Baltimore. That shoulder injury is going to limit him big time.

Trust me, I played with a dislocated shoulder and I didn't and couldn't hit with my right arm because of the pain and how it would dislocate all the time.
Been hurting Mason all year......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
No you wont hear it from me. When he does have a good game It will prove my point about your O-line.
Dude, all ******* year I have been saying that our offensive line sucks. Quit trying to say that I think our offensive line is the greatest ever. Jesus christ.

I know Suggs will play, but to say that his game wont be affected due to his shoulder is ******* ludacris.

Maybe he has a billion sacks, maybe he has none, but it is absolutely hillarious how you think that Suggs will be great despite his shoulder who he couldn't even put a shirt on without pain.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, all ******* year I have been saying that our offensive line sucks. Quit trying to say that I think our offensive line is the greatest ever. Jesus christ.

I know Suggs will play, but to say that his game wont be affected due to his shoulder is ******* ludacris.

Maybe he has a billion sacks, maybe he has none, but it is absolutely hillarious how you think that Suggs will be great despite his shoulder who he couldn't even put a shirt on without pain.

Cortisone is your friend... ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I didn't even realize Edgar Jones was Suggs backup..i thought it was Jameel McClain.

So now i REALLY want Suggs to play as much as possible on Sunday..the thought of the tweeneriffic Jones out on the field outside of special teams is kinda scary.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Dude I am supposed to trust you because you played with a dislocated shoulder? First you are not a NFL player so you don't have the resources to get healthy. Second, This is the AFCC game he will be ready. Third, a hurt Suggs pass rush is better than a healthy pass block from who ever your Offensive lineman is.:)
This is coming from Suggs...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

I don't care how tough you are, A dislocated shoulder is not something adrenaline AFC championship game can fix. I think he could play, but no way do I think he'll be 100%. I understand your pumped for your team, but you gotta be real here. The guy is hurt. The article says it could possibly be major ligament damage, not to mention he's gonna be playin along the line. He will be having line battles if he plays. That is not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Last edited by captainjack27 : 01-16-2009 at 01:15 AM.
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best of luck guys. Even though I'd like Ryan to coach the Jets and the sooner that can get done the better, I'd love to see you pull the upset. Should be an awesome, smashmouth game.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Suggs should sit it out, even if he does play he won't even be close to his best. He was really ticked about it and I even think hes negative about his status. I also don't think Rolle will play. We've overcome many things this season and now it even comes to our biggest game of the year. Can we do what we've done all year? against a team that is in much better form healthwise and it doesnt help any that they've already beaten us.. twice.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think its gonna be a great game. The Ravens have a ton of talent on defense and the depth will show up.

I'm expecting Suggs and Mason to play, Rolles gonna sit this one out.

Its gonna be an amazing sunday nighter.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mason will play, no doubt about him IMO. Just wish we could have Suggs at full health and I really can't see why Edgar Jones is getting the start over McClain, apparently Harbaugh says Jones is more physical and aggressive so I hope they've made the right choice, oh and by the way if Antwan Barnes was healthy, wouldn't he be getting the start, kinda forgot about where he excels at playing.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Mason will play, no doubt about him IMO. Just wish we could have Suggs at full health and I really can't see why Edgar Jones is getting the start over McClain, apparently Harbaugh says Jones is more physical and aggressive so I hope they've made the right choice, oh and by the way if Antwan Barnes was healthy, wouldn't he be getting the start, kinda forgot about where he excels at playing.
I think Barnes health issues and durability is why he's getting knocked down the inflated LB depth chart. Let's be honest, if you're not tough enough on this squad, your job placement is gonna be affected. I wanna see the kid succeed, but if he's having issues, i can see why you put your best foot forward. If Edgar Jones has been excelling, then good for him..he's still nowhere NEAR Suggs...or even McClain, but i guess we'll see what happens when the time comes.

I think Walker will do fine in place of Rolle..only because he HAS to realize that his career is on the line in this game. If he loses us the game, he's out of B-more. No doubt.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

True, well we might keep him for depth purposes.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Punish Hines Ward so he can't take his typical cheap shots when heads are turned and don't let Santonio burn us deep or across the middle. Stick to that gameplan and frankly I don't care who is in the secondary.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-17-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Cheap shots? Atleast his blocks are legal. Should he warn people and tell them hes coming for a hit. No one would think twice if a defender hit a receiver that wasn't looking.

Why don't you watch the Ravens defense bend people in half after they're already down.

You defense is scared of our receiver. Thats funny.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 01-17-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Cheap shots? Atleast his blocks are legal. Should he warn people and tell them hes coming for a hit. No one would think twice if a defender hit a receiver that wasn't looking.

Why don't you watch the Ravens defense bend people in half after they're already down.

You defense is scared of our receiver. Thats funny.
His "big" hits are always when the defender doesn't have a clue he's there. He never tries for anything when they know he's coming so yes its "cheap". Look he's a fine receiver, outstanding on 3rd downs, and a great downfield blocker. All that being said, he doesn't try anything when there's a level playing field. Smart, no doubt. Worthy of all his praise for it, no way.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-17-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Definately worthy of praise. I recall he was coming in for a hit on Scott earlier in the year and Scott saw him coming and ducked.

Those hits by Ward get in defenders heads. Thats why he gets so many personal foul penalties when people hit him late. There was a huge one against the Ravens in the first game while the Steelers were driving to tie the game.

And once again, defenders hit people that arnt looking all the time. Its no different when Ward does it. Its legal, and clean. The only reason anyone thinks its 'cheap' is because there isn't another receiver in the league that plays as physical as Ward. Thats the problem, every receiver should play like Hines.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Definately worthy of praise. I recall he was coming in for a hit on Scott earlier in the year and Scott saw him coming and ducked.

Those hits by Ward get in defenders heads. Thats why he gets so many personal foul penalties when people hit him late. There was a huge one against the Ravens in the first game while the Steelers were driving to tie the game.

And once again, defenders hit people that arnt looking all the time. Its no different when Ward does it. Its legal, and clean. The only reason anyone thinks its 'cheap' is because there isn't another receiver in the league that plays as physical as Ward. Thats the problem, every receiver should play like Hines.
Legal, yes; clean, I disagree. Case in point the hit on Rivers was legal but I don't think it was clean. Hey to each his own.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-17-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I don't see anything wrong with it. If Ward doesn't make that block, Rivers makes the tackle. After that block, Spaeth gets a couple more yards and a first down.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wonder if Derrick Mason or Mark Clayton made those blocks if he would say those were dirty or not.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wonder if Derrick Mason or Mark Clayton made those blocks if he would say those were dirty or not.
Mason is a clean and legal blocker and doesn't go out of his way to way lay guys with their heads turned. If he did do such a thing maybe I would view him in a negative light. Unless for some instance it was on TO, then I'd be all for it.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-17-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not Wards fault the defenders are looking the other way.

Gotta keep your head on a swivel.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Ward gets the job done. Might be a little uneccesary to block defenders that hard, but there are always defenders that make hits they don't have to.

Take a look at Lewis' big hit in the Titans game. He didnt have to hit the receiver that hard, but he gets credit for the hard hit. Hines does the same thing and its cheap.