Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which teams will be playing in Super Bowl 43
Steelers vs. Cardinals 27 30.34%
Steelers vs. Eagles 31 34.83%
Ravens vs. Cardinals 15 16.85%
Ravens vs. Eagles 16 17.98%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gots to go with the battle of Pennsylvania. Would rather see Pittsburgh and Arizona. I am a big fan of Big Ben and Mike Tomlin. And obviously, I want Arizona to shut up the critics some more that say they are a fraudulent playoff team because they had to beat the Niners, SeaFags, and my Rams. Plus, Kurt Warner, I wanna see him win. I gave up on him, but he is great, and I miss him.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Battle of PA
Ditto. Ravens defense is good. Pitts D is GREAT. Ravens Offense is growing up. Pitts Offense is where it needs to be.

Eagles Offense and Coaching are gonna be the main factors in the Eagles reaching the superbowl. Cards are gonna get their numbers but this year isn't there year.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ravens v Cards is my pick. I like the Ravens just because in past history when team A swept team B in the regular season team B seems to find a way to win the 3rd game. I cant belive im taking the Cards but at home against Donovan and Andy Reid you gotta like them right?
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next weekend is going to be some AWESOME football. And if Boldin is back? Hot damn, I can't wait for both games.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:44 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Gots to go with the battle of Pennsylvania. Would rather see Pittsburgh and Arizona. I am a big fan of Big Ben and Mike Tomlin. And obviously, I want Arizona to shut up the critics some more that say they are a fraudulent playoff team because they had to beat the Niners, SeaFags, and my Rams. Plus, Kurt Warner, I wanna see him win. I gave up on him, but he is great, and I miss him.
Only hate for the Seahawks? Now that's not fair :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
Ravens v Cards is my pick. I like the Ravens just because in past history when team A swept team B in the regular season team B seems to find a way to win the 3rd game. I cant belive im taking the Cards but at home against Donovan and Andy Reid you gotta like them right?
What are you talking about...In 18 previous occurrences, 11 times the team who won both season games won the third...not sure where you get your info from.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Steelers Eagles simply because they have the advaantage at QB and Defense in their matchups.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Only hate for the Seahawks? Now that's not fair :o
Well, Yoda is a Rams fan. And the Niners is just a ridiculous name in itself already.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:29 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
COLTS vs BEARS wasn't all that exciting
That's because it was ******* pouring outside. I think it's the only SB to ever have in climate weather recently. Very sloppy game on both sides because of the weather.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Steelers Eagles simply because they have the advaantage at QB and Defense in their matchups.
Finally someone mentions the Eagles defense. Very few people realize that the Eagles were the third ranked defense this year. The Defense has been playing on fire, especially since the start of the second half of the season.

I voted Steelers/Eagles. I think it will be a great game, but unless a huge contributor for Pittsburgh gets injured, I see Pittsburgh coming out on top, even though the Eagles beat them earlier in the season.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Ravens/Eagles I can't bring my self to say the Cards are going to the SB sounds to weird.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers Cards.

Would love to see the cardinals upset the NFL and win it. Although I doubt it.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
God I don't want an all PA superbowl, god I dont want an all PA superbowl......gooddddd I don't want an all PA superbowl.......

Go Cardinals.
Would your head explode?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Eagles Offense and Coaching are gonna be the main factors in the Eagles reaching the superbowl.
Wait, what the ****? The Eagles' offense hasn't done jack in the playoffs yet, and Reid is, well, Reid.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would your head explode?
Pretty much. I just don't want to make all those old timers right who, year after year, always call for an all PA superbowl.

And I'd rather see the Steelers in and not the Eagles because I go to school in Steelers country and there are going to be a lot of badass superbowl parties that I'd like to attend, lol.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Pretty much. I just don't want to make all those old timers right who, year after year, always call for an all PA superbowl.

And I'd rather see the Steelers in and not the Eagles because I go to school in Steelers country and there are going to be a lot of badass superbowl parties that I'd like to attend, lol.
If the Eagles win the Super Bowl, you can come party with me. Now root for the Eagles dammit!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens vs. Eagles.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm predicting Steelers-Eagles (Steagles?) in the Battle of PA. I think that both teams are playing the best overall ball right now, and that's how I see it.

I think the NFL is definitely rooting for Steelers-Eagles because of the media markets and fan bases. Both have very dedicated fans, and the Steelers have a huge base throughout the country. Philly is a better market than Phoenix as well.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

voted ravens cards cause that is the thing i dont think will happen andthusfar that approach would have payed off this playoffs.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose Steeler-Cardinals like you know, but I would'nt mind a battle of Pennsylvania since that was suppose to be the Super Bowl back in the '04 season.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens vs Cardinals

The Cardinals at home are a lot different than on the road and their defense is playing lights out at the minute. My problem here with the Eagles is in the first half they had 34 yds of offense before McNabb took them on a drive when the Giants where in prevent defense. Defensively yea they're real good but even against the Vikings there was only really one offensive play of any note from them. Cardinals win 24-17

The Ravens Steelers game is going to be sore to watch let alone play and I think it could be down to one costly mistake by either side. I just think the Ravens will get more pressure due to the horrible Steelers line and force Big Ben into one bad mistake too many and if I was a betting man I would say a Mr Ed Reed will be the recipient. Ravens win 16-10
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens are a good team, but if you have a rookie coach and a rookie quarterback against the best defense in the league and one of the best cordinators in the league, I think you are asking for problems. It will be a good game, but I dont think a rookie can win a big game like this, regardless of how good his defense is.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco will have to win the AFC game for the Ravens. The Steelers D will do all it can to force that situation onto Baltimore. I'm sure everyone knows that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, what the ****? The Eagles' offense hasn't done jack in the playoffs yet, and Reid is, well, Reid.
I think he meant that the offense is important in seeing how the Eagles will do. If we play really well that is a good sign, if they sputter, not so much...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles have not been as explosive offensively against tough D's in the playoffs, but they have moved the ball, switched field position, and have not turned the ball over much in a bad spot on the field. The D has been ridiculous overall. Few big plays allowed, and plenty of big stops and turnovers.