Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Wait, your Eagle fan friends are like that too? I thought it was just mine. Phew. Maybe aside from a few that know what they're talking about Eagles fans are generally like that? A bunch of knee jerk fans. Howard Eskin is not included in that 'few' by the way. (A sports radio personality in Philly)
most of the fans are like that

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as i would like to see the Cards and the ravens i cant see Boldin havin a big impact and the Ravens would just have to score off of turnovers because i cant see Harbaugh tryin to manage this game...it wont work

Steelers vs Philly
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Biggest factor to me is Suggs. He will play no doubt, but how effective he will be is still in the air. If he can't get going, Ben's life will be so much easier, but we still got till sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that the Steelers have 9-5 odds to win the Super Bowl. The Eagles are 2-1.

Steelers open up as touchdown favorites, I like it. I think we shut down the injured McClain and McGahee.

I also think Ike does a great job against Mason on Sunday.

It is only Tuesday, hopefully this week goes by very, very fast.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I read that the Steelers have 9-5 odds to win the Super Bowl. The Eagles are 2-1.

Steelers open up as touchdown favorites, I like it. I think we shut down the injured McClain and McGahee.

I also think Ike does a great job against Mason on Sunday.

It is only Tuesday, hopefully this week goes by very, very fast.
Well I think we shut down Willie Parker and get alot of pressure on Big Ben. I think Washington does a good job on Ward on Sunday.:) :)
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Well I think we shut down Willie Parker and get alot of pressure on Big Ben. I think Washington does a good job on Ward on Sunday.:) :)
Washington couldn't do a good on Justin Gage. What makes you think he will do something against a good reciever?
Old 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Washington couldn't do a good on Justin Gage. What makes you think he will do something against a good reciever?
Dude do you even no the difference between your O-line and the Titans O-line??? I mean you have to kidding me?? The Ravens will get pressure on your QB ok? The only reason Gage had a good day is because we couldn't get pressure on Collins. I know that fluke of a O-line you seen Sunday held up nice but believe me theres a big difference between the way the Chargers blitz and the way the Ravens blitz.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 01-13-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers blitzed against the Steelers? Sure didn't seem like it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
most of the fans are like that
The ones that aren't come here. :)
And if they do come here like that, they are converted.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
The Chargers blitzed against the Steelers? Sure didn't seem like it.
OK well my point is that HWjr thinks that his O-line is going to play like the Titans did. For some reason he thinks Willie Parker is Chris Johnson. He all of the sudden thinks the Steelers are going to smash the Ravens and its not going to be close. It's funny how we play a hard fought game and yes we did get shitted on all game but our defense came up big for us and we beat the Titans. The same Titans that stomped them out.
John Wall
Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Dude do you even no the difference between your O-line and the Titans O-line??? I mean you have to kidding me?? The Ravens will get pressure on your QB ok? The only reason Gage had a good day is because we couldn't get pressure on Collins. I know that fluke of a O-line you seen Sunday held up nice but believe me theres a big difference between the way the Chargers blitz and the way the Ravens blitz.
Your defense put pressure on our quarterback the past two games, but that clearly helped you guys in the win you guys got against us. Oh wait, you didn't win.

I remember our quarterback with our terrible line shutting down your amazing pass rush to drive 90 some yards in less then 2 minutes to win the game.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers' offensive line blows ass. Blitz six and seven every play and Happy Feet will do something stupid with the ball. I really wasn't impressed with them when the Eagles played them.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
OK well my point is that HWjr thinks that his O-line is going to play like the Titans did. For some reason he thinks Willie Parker is Chris Johnson. He all of the sudden thinks the Steelers are going to smash the Ravens and its not going to be close. It's funny how we play a hard fought game and yes we did get shitted on all game but our defense came up big for us and we beat the Titans. The same Titans that stomped them out.
When did I ******* say that Willie Parker was Chris Johnson? Show me the ******* post. All I said is that he COULD have a day like Chris Johnson did since Parker has gotten his swagger back. I did not say once that Parker was better or on the same level.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did I ******* say that Willie Parker was Chris Johnson? Show me the ******* post. All I said is that he COULD have a day like Chris Johnson did since Parker has gotten his swagger back. I did not say once that Parker was better or on the same level.
My only contribution to this lover's spat is that the Steelers offense shouldn't be too cocky, the SD defense really is that bad.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
My only contribution to this lover's spat is that the Steelers offense shouldn't be too cocky, the SD defense really is that bad.
Believe me, I know our offense blows. We only had 2 good games against two good teams, NE and SD, but he is acting like his defense killed our offense everytime they played us this year.

Here are the stats that Big Ben had against the Ravens this year:

36-64 437 yards 2 tds 1 int. Thats a 56% competion percentage.

They sacked us 6 times in two games and Ben lost 1 fumble.

That clearly shows that his defense dominated our offense while we won both games.

Our offense drove 90 or so yards down the superior defense that the Baltimore Ravens have in 2 minutes to win a game.

Obviously our offensive line did a great job if they only sacked us 6 times and commited 3 turnovers.

Last edited by Hines : 01-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is going to be close. I've seen some people predicting Steelers blowout wins and that is just not the case. This is a damn good Baltimore defense, its gonna be hard to score on them at all, let alone blow them out.

They always generate good pressure on Ben and when Ben is under pressure he has been known to throw picks. The Steelers will lose this game if Ben turns the ball over.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Your defense put pressure on our quarterback the past two games, but that clearly helped you guys in the win you guys got against us. Oh wait, you didn't win.

I remember our quarterback with our terrible line shutting down your amazing pass rush to drive 90 some yards in less then 2 minutes to win the game.
I never said we had amazing pass rushing. I believe we have very good pass rushing and that means that your team will do it again??

Quote:
I wasn't saying that you compared the two I wasn't just talking about you. You are just the one Steeler fan who is here right now. What I meant was that for some reason Steelers fans think Parker is going to be able to run on the Ravens like CJ did when he never has had a good day against us.(don't mean to single you out HWjr but im pissed that all of the sudden the Ravens don't stand a chance) yea we struggled last game but who hasn't struggled against the Titans. You can't take what you saw against the Titans and say thats how we will play Sunday
John Wall
Old 01-13-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Believe me, I know our offense blows. We only had 2 good games against two good teams, NE and SD, but he is acting like his defense killed our offense everytime they played us this year.

Here are the stats that Big Ben had against the Ravens this year:

36-64 437 yards 2 tds 1 int. Thats a 56% competion percentage.

They sacked us 6 times in two games and Ben lost 1 fumble.

That clearly shows that his defense dominated our offense while we won both games.

Our offense drove 90 or so yards down the superior defense that the Baltimore Ravens have in 2 minutes to win a game.

Obviously our offensive line did a great job if they only sacked us 6 times and commited 3 turnovers.
Look I am sorry but your o-line is ass. 6 sacks and 3 turnovers is good IMO our offense is what didn't help us. Well we stopped the steelers on 4th and short and they gave it to them anyway so we would of got the ball back ran out clock and won that game. Then they give you guys the TD that wasn't. I don't care about that though. My point is that its not going to be a blowout Parker is not going to run on us and the winner has less turnovers.
John Wall

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 01-13-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Arizona wins, god knows what I will do in joy of the Eagles losing. The Broad street stores are still cleaning up from the Phillies parade. The last thing they need is an Eagles celebration.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I never said we had amazing pass rushing. I believe we have very good pass rushing and that means that your team will do it again??

I wasn't saying that you compared the two I wasn't just talking about you. You are just the one Steeler fan who is here right now. What I meant was that for some reason Steelers fans think Parker is going to be able to run on the Ravens like CJ did when he never has had a good day against us.(don't mean to single you out HWjr but im pissed that all of the sudden the Ravens don't stand a chance) yea we struggled last game but who hasn't struggled against the Titans. You can't take what you saw against the Titans and say thats how we will play Sunday
I also never said you guys dont have a chance as well. You did say that I said that we had a great offensive line and we will run all over you.

But your defense is old believe it or not. You played 16 straight games and just played a physical football team. It will be a good game, but put all those in the pot along with stiring it with a rookie quarterback and tell me you expect to win.

Maybe you do and I sit at home crying my eyes out another year the Steelers dont get to the prize, but with your injuries and how warn down your defense looks, along with the rookie quarterback, it doesnt look good.

I also am saying this because I hate the Ravens with a passion.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Look I am sorry but your o-line is ass. 6 sacks and 3 turnovers is good IMO our offense is what didn't help us. Well we stopped the steelers on 4th and short and they gave it to them anyway so we would of got the ball back ran out clock and won that game. Then they give you guys the TD that wasn't. I don't care about that though. My point is that its not going to be a blowout Parker is not going to run on us and the winner has less turnovers.
I never said our offensive line is good. I went on a huge rant complaining about our offensive line.

But you are making it seem like your superior defense dominated our offensive line when that isn't the case here.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you are right, our o-line has played like ass most of the season... those 5 + ben are the key to this game...

if we can at least slow down your pass rush (we cant stop it) and ben doesn't f**k up, then we have a shot..

thats a big if though

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I also never said you guys dont have a chance as well. You did say that I said that we had a great offensive line and we will run all over you.

But your defense is old believe it or not. You played 16 straight games and just played a physical football team. It will be a good game, but put all those in the pot along with stiring it with a rookie quarterback and tell me you expect to win.

Maybe you do and I sit at home crying my eyes out another year the Steelers dont get to the prize, but with your injuries and how warn down your defense looks, along with the rookie quarterback, it doesnt look good.

I also am saying this because I hate the Ravens with a passion.
Right I went back and checked and it wasn't you who said that.(I apologize for that). Look my point is that I don't think either team is going to have much offense and no i don't expect to win. If you expect to beat us just because of previous games than your crazy because this is the playoffs. This is more than just a regular season game. Like i said i am tired of seeing people say were old,were tired, we have a rookie qb. BLAH BLAH BLAH ******* BLAH. So the **** what. We heard the same **** last game and we beat the Titans in Tennessee.

We have to make Ben mess up thats the key to this game. Once again just like i said going into the Titans game. The Ravens have to do more to win this game. We can not rely on our normal play because our run will be stopped and at some point our ROOKIE QUARTERBACK will be forced to make a play. I am OK with that though I think Flacco is good enough to do just that. ONCE AGAIN WHOEVER HAS LESS TURNOVERS WINS THE GAME
John Wall

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 01-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You two should have a another *****-fest fight about which team is worse, the Pittsburgh Pirates, or Baltimore Orioles.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
You two should have a another *****-fest fight about which team is worse, the Pittsburgh Pirates, or Baltimore Orioles.
ahhahaha I would rather keep this football.:( :(
John Wall