Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and no SAPGS is not an STD. yet
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Rags To Spags.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Pioli and Spags to lead the franchise would be one heck of a move for the Chiefs, if that is the case (halfway there at least). Fantastic move by them, plus Edwards and Peterson had already started the rebuilding process and given the franchise some young players to build on.

Although Brandon Flowers might not be as good a fit as he was with Herm.

Last edited by Geo : 01-13-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Getting Pioli and Spags to lead the franchise would be one heck of a move for the Chiefs, if that is the case (halfway there at least). Fantastic move by them, plus Edwards and Peterson had already started the rebuilding process and given the franchise some young player to build on.
As well as having over 30 million in cap room and the 3rd pick in the draft.

Edit: 5000th post. :)
Old 01-13-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Getting Pioli and Spags to lead the franchise would be one heck of a move for the Chiefs, if that is the case (halfway there at least). Fantastic move by them, plus Edwards and Peterson had already started the rebuilding process and given the franchise some young player to build on.
Bowe
Albert
Hali
Dorsey
D Johnson
Flowers

decent, decent. and those are the main ones.

If Sanchez comes out (assuming the Lions take Stafford) I think he'd be a brilliant pickup for them. He's not coming out of the spread like Bradford so he might be able to contribute more quickly and if not, stick it with Thigpen for a bit longer. Complete that rebuilding effort.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Q to everyone: does Pioli help/hurt Tony Gonzalez getting traded?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli+Spags= AWESOMENESS
Old 01-13-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Not sure. That Pats have never been hesitant to sell high on veteran players, and Gonzo has said he wants out if he even hears the word "rebuild" (not sure what he thinks we're doing right now, but whatever). Still, you can't just dump a player like Gonzo, especially coming off an All Pro season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I for one hope Gonzo goes no where.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that if it's what Tony still wants, it helps him. Pioli is no fool as his track record would indicate.. he will get fair market value for him. With that being said, Spags (or whoever the new coach is) would absolutely love a Tony Gonzalez to help his offense and help Thigpen (or a QB if we draft one in the first.. Stafford please, not Bradford!) develop. He is the greatest in the game and would be extremely helpful to a young QB.

And to address an earlier post, yeah, if we don't run the c2 Flowers might not be as good but he is still one hell of a football player and he will be fine in any system that is run.

Glenn Dorsey
Tank Tyler
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Jarrad Page
Bernard Pollard
Brandon Flowers
Brandon Carr
Turk McBride

Dwayne Bowe
Branden Albert
Jamaal Charles
Brad Cottam
Tyler Thigpen (if he's the guy)

That's a hell of a lot of young talent being underutilizied by this current coaching staff. Imagine if we get a defensive coordinator who knows what they're doing.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cap space means nothing. Tons of teams are flush with it, and this is probably the last year with a cap anyway. If anything, teams will have a harder time making the minimum requirement for the CBA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
this is probably the last year with a cap anyway.
I disagree I think it would be a huge mistake and the NFL knows that.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Agreed. And one thing I think players and their reps don't realize that would hurt them is the lack of a salary floor. Poor/Stingy teams like Arizona, Cincy, Buffalo, (Chicago......) would become the Marlins of the NFL spending as little as the possibly can and trading any players they do find who want more money.

But this isn't the thread for this argument right now.....

Question to Chiefs fans, if Herm goes (and presumably the rest of the staff....) who do you bring in as OC and DC if Spags is hired as HC?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...e-it-official/

Belichick: “To sum up in words everything Scott Pioli has meant to this organization and to me personally would be difficult, if not impossible. From the day I met him, he has demonstrated a passion for football and respect for the game that is second to none. It has been extremely gratifying for me to follow Scott’s career ascension from the bottom of the totem pole in Cleveland to his place as a pillar of championship teams in New England. Now with the opportunity to steer his own ship and a vision of building a winner, there is no more capable, hardworking, loyal, team-oriented person than Scott Pioli.

“On a personal level, the Belichick-Pioli bond runs far deeper than our workplace, as we and our families have shared countless memories away from football. Working side by side with one of my best friends for almost two decades is special enough in itself. But to help each other achieve success beyond our dreams is a blessing and something I will always remember and appreciate.”
Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I won't even get into explaining why with the media revenue sharing football has it will never ever become anything close to what baseball is, but odds are extremely likely that it will expire, and honestly it won't matter that much anyway.

People that think the salary cap is important need to consider how many teams are currently 15-30 million dollars under it.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Agreed. And one thing I think players and their reps don't realize that would hurt them is the lack of a salary floor. Poor/Stingy teams like Arizona, Cincy, Buffalo, (Chicago......) would become the Marlins of the NFL spending as little as the possibly can and trading any players they do find who want more money.

Question to Chiefs fans, if Herm goes (and presumably the rest of the staff....) who do you bring in as OC and DC if Spags is hired as HC?
First of all, I really hope Chan Gailey is kept on as OC. He did a great job with very little to work with. We had three QBs start, LJ was gone for 4 games, and we were still more competitive than ever on offense, scoring a lot and moving the chains. I hope he is kept here.

If Spags is hired as HC I wouldn't mind Romeo Crennel as DC. He knows how to run a defense. I read that Pioli is going to want to switch to a 3-4 as well, so the coordinator will need to be familiar with that system. I also wouldn't mind Herm staying on as DC, but we all know that is probably not going to happen.

It's kind of all up in the air right now though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:

Well, as long as we all realize we're getting WAY ahead of ourselves considering we don't even know if Spags is the HC or not, there has been talk that he would bring in Eagles DB coach Sean McDermott as defensive coordinator.

For OC, I really have no idea. For all we know, Chan Gailey may be retained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I won't even get into explaining why with the media revenue sharing football has it will never ever become anything close to what baseball is, but odds are extremely likely that it will expire, and honestly it won't matter that much anyway.

People that think the salary cap is important need to consider how many teams are currently 15-30 million dollars under it.
Again, not the thread for it, so I'll keep it brief....

All it would take is one team (Cowboys) to throw a lot of money at any player that catches their fancy (Cowboys) who wants to emulate the great success the Yankees have taking advantage of baseball's flawed system (Cowboys) and it would crash the no-salary cap party.

Anyways....

Yeah, lol, I knew i was ahead of myself on asking about the Chiefs staff. But thats why I said in my post "if" Spags is hired.

I'd steer away from a shift to the 3-4 and let Spags do his own thing. Maybe hybrid it up a little (thats becoming popular) but let the coach create the system.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Again, not the thread for it, so I'll keep it brief....

All it would take is one team (Cowboys) to throw a lot of money at any player that catches their fancy (Cowboys) who wants to emulate the great success the Yankees have taking advantage of baseball's flawed system (Cowboys) and it would crash the no-salary cap party.
Oy.....

You need to look at how much revenue the Cowboys bring in vis-a-vis the rest of the league. Then look at how much revenue the Yankees bring in vis-a-vis the rest of their league.

When you do, you'll realize that it's a ridiculous comparison, and the NFL is nothing like MLB. So long as revenue sharing exists and the NFL has a national media contract (which it always will), the salary cap is obsolete.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

where does it say Pioli will want to go to 3-4?

Where would Dorsey, Hali, McBride, Tank, Boone etc play?

hmmmm.

If they want to do a hybrid you do need some stud LBs

bring in Curry then lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone like Spags gets the job then we stay in a 4-3
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

where does it say Pioli will want to go to 3-4?

Where would Dorsey, Hali, McBride, Tank, Boone etc play?

hmmmm.

If they want to do a hybrid you do need some stud LBs

bring in Curry then lol
supposedly the patriots were very high on dorsey last year, and if he somehow fell to them he would have been their pick (heard that on the radio around here after the draft. They obviously felt that Dorsey could have fit into the 3-4, probably at end.
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

One thing that i think is being a little overlooked in all this is the job done by Clark Hunt. He got rid of Peterson, and reeled in someone like Pioli for his first big hire. He's a great owner in the making.

As for Flowers and the C2- I think the new coach (if someons like Spags)will adjust their scheme a little to Carr and Flowers, as good coaches adjust to their players. We can still mix up some C2 since much of our personnel fits it well.

And for HC, I like Spags, but Schefter says Schwartz. Which makes more sense with our defensive personnel, and according to Schefter Pioli and Schwartz worked together in 95 (Cleveland) and in 96 (Baltimore). It's clearly Spags or Schwartz though IMO.

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 01-13-2009 at 07:17 PM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
One thing that i think is being a little overlooked in all this is the job done by Clark Hunt. He got rid of Peterson, and reeled in someone like Pioli for his first big hire. He's a great owner in the making.

As for Flowers and the C2, I think the new coach, if someons like Spags, will adjust their scheme a little to Carr and Flowers, as good coaches adjust to their players. We can still mix up some C2 since much of our personnel fits it well.

And for HC, I like Spags, but Schefter says Schwartz. Which makes more sense with our defensive personnel, and according to Schefter Pioli and Schwartz worked together in 95 (Cleveland) and in 96 (Baltimore). It's clearly Spags or Schwartz though IMO.
as my sig says.BRING SPAGS TO KC!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yes!! Hire Schwartz so the Lions can't!! Do it!!