Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Have to say I'm very impressed with the Chiefs moves here, they have good young talent and are definately heading in the right direction, and although the team had some problems last year I like Herm and I think the players respect and want to play for him. However saying that, Pioli will want to bring in his own guy so that is Herm 99% gone.

Really liking what the Chiefs are doing though, good luck to them.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I wouldn't mind if we kept Herm for a year or two and fired our entire defensive coaching staff. Could lure someone like Spags away from NY with the intention of giving him the reins after Herms contract is up or something.

I don't think Herm has done that bad of a job. Others will disagree (pretty much every KC fan on these boards!) but I really like him as a coach. If he isn't kept as HC I would love him as DC. These players in the locker room believe in him.
C'mon Vidae, I wanted to keep Herm...until it was clear that even if he stayed for another year, he was gone.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Cap space means nothing. Tons of teams are flush with it, and this is probably the last year with a cap anyway. If anything, teams will have a harder time making the minimum requirement for the CBA.
Ok, but it's not like owners have unlimited cash to use...The Chiefs have a lot of space on the payroll to utilize.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Just finished reading the thread...

-Great day to be a Chiefs fan...Hunt reeled in the big fish that spurned Cleveland and many other organizations throughout the years. Big props to Clark Hunt. Can't wait for what the future holds.

-I wouldn't mind Spags, Schwartz, or perhaps Rex Ryan.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im listening to John Clayton on the Pulse right now...he will be bringing up the story more comming soon
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If KC can get Spags or Schwartz then Herm is gone. Tomorrows press conference will tell alot. That is all.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
If KC can get Spags or Schwartz then Herm is gone. Tomorrows press conference will tell alot. That is all.
PLEASE let us get one of them.NO MORE HERM
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If KC can get Spags or Schwartz then Herm is gone. That is all.
Herm is already gone.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I want Schwartz

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take Schwartz please. I want Spags to stay.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I won't even get into explaining why with the media revenue sharing football has it will never ever become anything close to what baseball is, but odds are extremely likely that it will expire, and honestly it won't matter that much anyway.

People that think the salary cap is important need to consider how many teams are currently 15-30 million dollars under it.
Exactly. With how much revenue teams are making, thus pushing the cap number up to epic proportions, it's basically like there is no salary cap anyways.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Exactly. With how much revenue teams are making, thus pushing the cap number up to epic proportions, it's basically like there is no salary cap anyways.
But there is a salary floor meaning teams like Arizona and Cincy need to attempt to field worthwhile teams.

Even if they removed the cap, I'd still like to see a salary floor.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Well apparently, Pioli and Schwartz hate each other, so....

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Maybe he'll hate spags to!
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how's that? definitely conflicts adam schefter's report.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
That PFT report seems kind of sketchy.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is some more info rotoworld backin up PFT:

According to Profootballtalk.com, GM Scott Pioli is unlikely to target Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz to be the Chiefs' head coach. Despite being co-workers under Bill Belichick in the 1990s, a league source says Schwartz and Pioli "despise each other." Schwartz told the Detroit media after his interview with the Lions Monday that "Scott and I cut our teeth together in Cleveland," but apparently the friendship hasn't lasted.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a young core of Dorsey, Albert, Bowe, D Johnson, Flowers, Carr, among others, Chiefs are a team on the rise.

I still cant believe they landed Pioli. Impressive.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117 View Post
here is some more info rotoworld backin up PFT:

According to Profootballtalk.com, GM Scott Pioli is unlikely to target Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz to be the Chiefs' head coach. Despite being co-workers under Bill Belichick in the 1990s, a league source says Schwartz and Pioli "despise each other." Schwartz told the Detroit media after his interview with the Lions Monday that "Scott and I cut our teeth together in Cleveland," but apparently the friendship hasn't lasted.
It's using PFT as its source.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Great hire by them.

And I won't lie, I'm glad to see New England lose both Pioli and OC Josh McDaniels.

San Diego also has a major major issue re: their skill position players coming up, beyond just LDT and Sproles, which I've been meaning to point out but have been lazy to and didn't want to put in/out just anywhere.

But back to the Chiefs, good hire. Definitely an upgrade over Carl Peterson.
If the Colts can keep their skill players, then AJ can as well. Polian's and Smith's philosophy when it comes to the salary cap and players are similar. SD has good cap space, and LT can restructure his contract in the same way that Peyton did. We can re-sign Sproles, Rivers, and Merriman this offseason.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
That PFT report seems kind of sketchy.
It's not...I can't leak/link premium info, but....

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-14-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
It's using PFT as its source.
thats what i said or meant to say
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the talk about Spags, it would surprise me a bit if Pioli went outside the Belichick/Parcells tree. I still think we may see a surprise emerge here, assuming Ferentz says no. Just a gut feeling. Maybe Parcells gives a positive recommendation on a guy like Todd Bowles. I wouldn't be surprised if Crennel landed there as DC.

I think we're going to here Cassel talk soon, with some potential legitimacy behind them. If they draft a QB, gut feeling says Bradford is more of a Pioli-type. Was talking to BOE about this, but I think the Chiefs may be well positioned in the draft, with Detroit, barring some huge stunner, almost having to go QB, and St. Louis probably headed the OT route, and these days, not that easy to deal down from up there.

Some other thoughts going through my head:

Depends on the HC ... but I wonder if they decide to go the 3-4 route. Would limit Dorsey, but Dorsey can fit ok within a 3-4 framework at DE if push came to shove. Would be easier to find the hybrid edge guys to rev things up a bit and juice up the pass rush.

I wonder what sort of offensive framework gets put in place, and namely, what happens to Tony G and Larry Johnson.

Overall, though, great day to be a KC fan.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a great hire for KC is Spagnulo the next hire?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
This is a great hire for KC is Spagnulo the next hire?
One can only hope we have to wait and see If Edwards is gone I know that is all the talk but no word out of KC other then media talk.