Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coaching candidate Press Conferences thread

It looks as though they are going to bring everyone infront of the Media.

Schwarts sounded more like a head coach what did everyone think of Bowls?

I'm going to look for Audio Links to it should be up somewhere.

Todd Bowls had his press conference today what do you guys think.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 01-13-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bowles, though, said he has experience in turning around a losing program, first with the Cleveland Browns in the early 1990s and then with the Miami Dolphins this season.
Can he take credit for turning the Dolphins around? I'm sure he helped but I'm putting the main credit on Parcells.

Quote:
"The blueprint we have is to change the culture,'' Bowles said. "The first thing you have to do is condition -- you have to condition the players mentally. They have to buy into the system."
Sounds like Marinara stuff.

Quote:
Bowles also said that he would like to change Detroit's defense from a 4-3 scheme to a 3-4 alignment.

"Defensively, I've come from a 3-4 scheme -- I've been in a 4-3 scheme -- you want to have the personnel to fit what you do,'' Bowles said. "If you don't, you can have a hybrid version of a 4-3 until you can get a 3-4 scheme in place. I've coached in the 4-3, too, so if Ernie (Sims) or (Cliff) Avril don't fit a 3-4, we'll play a 4-3.

"I'll be working toward (a 3-4) as long as I have the personnel.''
People may LOVE this. I like it. But I still think I like Schwartz more.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop interviewing other people, just hire Schwartz. He knows what he's doing.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Stop interviewing other people, just hire Schwartz. He knows what he's doing.
Bring him in as our DC. Bowles that is. Or not really. Whatever defense we run I want some damn results!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:18 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowles sounded.. generic. He gave the same answers to the press that we already heard from Marinelli for the past 3 years.

Jim Schwartz actually gave answers, and seemed like he had a plan already in place. Please hire this guy.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only things I like about Bowles is the switch to the 3-4(which would be interesting at least) and he is a Parcells disciple.

However, he's a position coach with no real track record. Not a good idea, bad hire if we go Bowles.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We don't need another Position Coach without coordinating experience. Marinelli never had to run an entire squad, he had no experience managing a game, calling plays, or anything.. as far as I know. and his lack of game management killed us.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
We don't need another Position Coach without coordinating experience. Marinelli never had to run an entire squad, he had no experience managing a game, calling plays, or anything.. as far as I know. and his lack of game management killed us.

Ya I feel the same way. We have no leadership in place with the proven ability to run a team or win. That bothers me frankly. It's even worse that nobody within the organization seems concerned with this fact either. While I do like Schwartz I would rather see a proven coach come in at this time.