Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Lil B hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Eli Manning Vs. Tony Romo

2.Eli Is an average QB. Last year his defense carried him to that Super Bowl, and then David Tyree's helmet bailed him out of an interception. 21 TDs and 10 picks is mediocre over a 16 game stretch, as was his play last year in the playoffs. Eli has two 1000 yard rushers, and a third good runner in his backfield. He is a glorified bus driver.

3.I'm not going to make an excuse for Romo, as he played terribly against the Eagles, but without Romo, we would have been a 6-10 team. We were absolutely terrible when Romo was out and were getting constantly blown out. Romo comes back, We win 3 in a row, barely lose to the steelers (that was Romo's fault), beat the Giants, collapse against the Eagles and Ravens. But, the importance of Romo to this team is more important than Eli to his team.

4.Seeing as football is a team sport, and we are comparing Individual players, it is clear that Romo is twice the Quarterback that Eli will ever hope to be. In the lasst 2 years
Romo:29 games, 62.9 % Completion, 7659 yards, 62 TDs, 33 picks, 94.4 QB rating
Eli: 32 games, 58.2 % completion, 6574 yards, 44 TDs, 30 Pick, 80.2 QB rating

Seeing as Football is a team sport, if we are going to compare two individuals, then we are not going to compare the merits of their teams, but their individual teams, and it is astoundingly clear that Romo is the better QB. NFL fans can get a little short on facts sometimes in their rush into sensationalism, but I invite you back into objectivity.
Lil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I would rather be a glorified bus driver than a yearly choke job when it matters.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I would rather be a glorified bus driver than a yearly choke job when it matters.
I would rather be a choke job with Jessica Simpson than be a bus driver.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

1) Eli has a ring!. Tyree made a hell of a catch, but it was equally impressive for Eli to even be able to get rid of the ball. He should have been sacked.

2) Eli has actually won a play-off game. Romo hasnt done squat when a game has any meaning at all.

3) Romo is a douche.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
I would rather be a choke job with Jessica Simpson than be a bus driver.
I would rather a tug job by Jessica Simpson:)
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Seriously they are two top 10 QBs but Eli is better.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
1) Eli has a ring!. Tyree made a hell of a catch, but it was equally impressive for Eli to even be able to get rid of the ball. He should have been sacked.

2) Eli has actually won a play-off game. Romo hasnt done squat when a game has any meaning at all.

3) Romo is a douche.
1.Correction. Eli's team won the Super Bowl. Eli was terrible last year, and he was doing what Joe Flacco is doing right now. Now that he doesn't have Plaxico he sucks ass. Football is a team sport, therefore the accomplishments of the team shouldn't be used to gauge the worth of individual players.

2.Eli's also been startin since 2004. ROmo has started for 2 and half years. Eli Has also had better teams around him.

3.Eli is ugly as all hell.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil B View Post
1.Correction. Eli's team won the Super Bowl. Eli was terrible last year, and he was doing what Joe Flacco is doing right now. Now that he doesn't have Plaxico he sucks ass. Football is a team sport, therefore the accomplishments of the team shouldn't be used to gauge the worth of individual players.

2.Eli's also been startin since 2004. ROmo has started for 2 and half years. Eli Has also had better teams around him.

3.Eli is ugly as all hell.
Eli WAS GREAT IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR AND HAD A GREAT REGELAR SEASON THIS YEAR THOUGH(accidently pressed cap locks and was to lazy to change it).
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Eli WAS GREAT IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR AND HAD A GREAT REGELAR SEASON THIS YEAR THOUGH(accidently pressed cap locks and was to lazy to change it).
Eli Wasn't great in the playoffs ..He was a Bus driver
His Averages Per Game Last Year: 214.25 yards, 1.5 TDs, 62.4 completion percentages

solid stats..bus driver stats

His Stats this year: 16 games, 60.3 completion percentage, 3238 yards, 21 TDS, 10 pics, 86.4 Rating
Romo's stats this year :13 Games, 61.3 completion percentage, 3448 yards, 26 TDs, 14 picks, 91.4 rating

Romo in 3 less games threw for more TDs, more yards, has a higher rating and completed more of his passes, and had a worse offensive line, and an injuerd backfield.

Romo= the better player
Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You're right. Eli has Earth Wind and Fire and Plax. Romo had nothing. Just a pro bowl receiver, a pro bowl tight end, pro bowl running back and three pro bowl offensive linemen to work with. Eli had all of the advantages in 2007!!!

Last edited by Crickett : 01-13-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to start this stuff again. It's going to be a long offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is probably the more talented QB, but I'll take the winner who doesn't go to Cabo.

and was Eli really horrible last year? *sigh*

you AND this thread=epic fail

the original post starts and point 2, and goes 3 and 4. you forgot 1. more epic fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I think Romo is a better regular season QB than Eli.

And thats where it ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli = Tolerable

Romo = Not so tolerable

Eli wins!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
You're right. Eli has Earth Wind and Fire and Plax. Romo had nothing. Just a pro bowl receiver, a pro bowl tight end, pro bowl running back and three pro bowl offensive linemen to work with. Eli had all of the advantages in 2007!!!
TI'm not making any excuses, but that defense caried Eli.

Eli this year had two 1000 yard backs and a great defense, whereas romo had an injured barber and felix, and an idiot offensive coordinator.

Don't look to much into our O-line ..This year the only people who played decently were colombo and Andre Gurode.

The giants line is better than ours
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Romo is probably the more talented QB, but I'll take the winner who doesn't go to Cabo.

and was Eli really horrible last year? *sigh*

you AND this thread=epic fail

the original post starts and point 2, and goes 3 and 4. you forgot 1. more epic fail
Actually Eli was terrible last year..He was mediocre in the playoffs..

his stats from last year:56.1 Copt. Percentage, 3336 yards, 23 Tds, 20 picks, 73.9 rating...that's such an amazing season
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colin Cowherd had a very nice show yesterday talking about something like this. I'll try and link it.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually Eli was terrible last year..He was mediocre in the playoffs..

his stats from last year:56.1 Copt. Percentage, 3336 yards, 23 Tds, 20 picks, 73.9 rating...that's such an amazing season
honestly, I've had enough of this total garbage. I will take the terrible eli and his mediocrity in the playoffs and take this and call it a win:

Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ThatThereCarGoin200mph

is this is a joke? no contest hands down eli by far, love "lil" cowboy homer to hehehehe
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Eli = Tolerable

Romo = Not so tolerable

Eli wins!
That's how I see it.

Romo is 5-10 in December/January with 16 TDs and 20 INTs. Talk about clutch.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I think the issue many of you have is this.

You are under the perception that many think Eli is elite. I don't think there is one Giants fan on this board that thinks he is elite. For me, I have yet to place Eli ahead of Big Ben for example. You guys get so caught up in rankings at what not and I don't understand why. Eli played his best football in a 4 week stretch during the postseason last year. You aren't going to give him credit for that? You'll get far with that one.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

And lets face it.

Eli will never fulfill expectations. He is a Manning, he was a #1 pick, he pulled a stunt on draft day that everyone looked down upon, he plays in New York, and he plays in the most covered division in football.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
honestly, I've had enough of this total garbage. I will take the terrible eli and his mediocrity in the playoffs and take this and call it a win:

Dont be foolish, Winning a superbowl doesn't make a QB elite at all. You forget that football is a team sport, this is a not tennis...Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams were average at best, but they were both super bowl winners. Doesn't make hem better than QBs who statistically outperformed them, at all. It just means their teams were better

Is that a hard concept to force through your tiny cranium ?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Dont be foolish, Winning a superbowl doesn't make a QB elite at all. You forget that football is a team sport, this is a not tennis...Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams were average at best, but they were both super bowl winners. Doesn't make hem better than QBs who statistically outperformed them, at all. It just means their teams were better

Is that a hard concept to force through your tiny cranium ?
are you really going to compare Eli to Dilfer? re...really? But that's fine, while you're ripping apart Eli on a message board, I'll wear my Giants Super Bowl 42 sweatshirt tomorrow.
Quote: