Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't find audio of it, but he basically said that winning a superbowl does not make you a good quarterback, just like winning an oscar doesn't make you a good actor. Then he went off on how Clint Eastwood never won one, and Nicholas Cage did. Having a ring doesn't make you a good quarterback. It makes you a lucky one for being on a great team, cause in reality you blow chunks.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Can't find audio of it, but he basically said that winning a superbowl does not make you a good quarterback, just like winning an oscar doesn't make you a good actor. Then he went off on how Clint Eastwood never won one, and Nicholas Cage did. Having a ring doesn't make you a good quarterback. It makes you a lucky one for being on a great team, cause in reality you blow chunks.
but Colin Cowherd is also an idiot. winning a Super Bowl doesn't make a qb good, but this calling Eli garbage etc is ridiculous. this guy is just another spammer who is pissy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Lil B hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
are you really going to compare Eli to Dilfer? re...really? But that's fine, while you're ripping apart Eli on a message board, I'll wear my Giants Super Bowl 42 sweatshirt tomorrow.
Yes I'm going to..I congratulate you on Your sUper Bowl WIn..but that was a TEAM Victory, and we are measuring individuals.
Lil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
but Colin Cowherd is also an idiot. winning a Super Bowl doesn't make a qb good, but this calling Eli garbage etc is ridiculous. this guy is just another spammer who is pissy
Eli is pretty garbage in the scheme of things. He's nowhere near as productive as Romo, and he's not the key element of what drives that team. It's the defense..
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil B View Post
Yes I'm going to..I congratulate you on Your sUper Bowl WIn..but that was a TEAM Victory, and we are measuring individuals.
QB's also need to step up and carry their team and make the huge throws when it counts. I'd say Romo is the more talented QB, but I'll take Eli every day
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go back and look at Eli's drive right before the half in the Dallas playoff game last year. It was all him and personifies Eli as a QB. It's drive like that that you can see Eli is special. Your right he's not elite yet with the inconsistency he shows but his clutch factor helps balance that out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Eli is pretty garbage in the scheme of things. He's nowhere near as productive as Romo, and he's not the key element of what drives that team. It's the defense..
productive? productive? how do you define producing? piling stats? that's fine. if you define that as productive, that's fine. I'll take the bus driver who wins over the stat piler. we can have this what "defines a good QB to you"anyday.
Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're going by strictly numbers I'd probably give Romo the slight edge. Ask me which of the two I'd rather have QBing my team and the answer is quite easily Eli.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
If we're going by strictly numbers I'd probably give Romo the slight edge. Ask me which of the two I'd rather have QBing my team and the answer is quite easily Eli.
Romo doesn't have a slight production edge over Eli..he absolutely obliterates him..People put too much stock on super bowl victories when judging QBs

Here are their stats for the last 2 years again

Romo:29 games, 62.9 % Completion, 7659 yards, 62 TDs, 33 picks, 94.4 QB rating
Eli: 32 games, 58.2 % completion, 6574 yards, 44 TDs, 30 Pick, 80.2 QB rating
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
productive? productive? how do you define producing? piling stats? that's fine. if you define that as productive, that's fine. I'll take the bus driver who wins over the stat piler. we can have this what "defines a good QB to you"anyday.
this is productive
Romo:29 games, 62.9 % Completion, 7659 yards, 62 TDs, 33 picks, 94.4 QB rating

this is average
Eli: 32 games, 58.2 % completion, 6574 yards, 44 TDs, 30 Pick, 80.2 QB rating
Old 01-13-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
QB's also need to step up and carry their team and make the huge throws when it counts. I'd say Romo is the more talented QB, but I'll take Eli every day
There's no reason to take Eli.His defense carried him in the Super Bowl, and a miracle catch occurred to let them win the game...That does not make him the better QB at all..
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Go back and look at Eli's drive right before the half in the Dallas playoff game last year. It was all him and personifies Eli as a QB. It's drive like that that you can see Eli is special. Your right he's not elite yet with the inconsistency he shows but his clutch factor helps balance that out.
Lightning in a bottle?

Where was his clutch performance this past week? Or at any point this season? Where was he when the Giants season was going down the drain towards the end of the season?

Eli made a few right plays at the right times last year, and yes, that got him a ring. But if you think that Eli Manning is the main (or anywhere close to being a big reason) reason as to why you were champions, you're horribly wrong.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no reason to take Eli.His defense carried him in the Super Bowl, and a miracle catch occurred to let them win the game...That does not make him the better QB at all..
The great defense last year in the SB didn't drive them down the field with 3 minutes left. As good as the D was we still would have lost had Eli not been as awesome as he was in that last drive.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The great defense last year in the SB didn't drive them down the field with 3 minutes left. As good as the D was we still would have lost had Eli not been as lucky as he was that last drive
It needed some fixing.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Lightning in a bottle?

Where was his clutch performance this past week? Or at any point this season? Where was he when the Giants season was going down the drain towards the end of the season?

Eli made a few right plays at the right times last year, and yes, that got him a ring. But if you think that Eli Manning is the main (or anywhere close to being a big reason) reason as to why you were champions, you're horribly wrong.
It's not lightning in a bottle. Look at the Pitt game this year as one example. When we needed Eli to step up he did and he has his whole career. I believe he has the most 4th quarter comeback the last 3 years. He wasn't the only reason we were champions but he was a huge part of it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I never said Eli was a better QB. People totally forget Eli broke a couple sacks, it was all Tyree's catch. The D was good, but Eli made the late drives and the defense didn't score on the last drive of the Super Bowl. Winning is all the reason I take Eli.

that, and I prefer my QB to stay away from Cabo *zing*

i kid, i kid
Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It needed some fixing.
Yeah he was really lucky on that throw to Smith for 20+ yards and to Toomer's buttonhook hitting him right on the numbers for a big first down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

The fact that you kids point to a lucky catch but fail to mention Eli's escape takes any validity you may have had.

Give it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Eli 4 years as a starter. 4 years in the playoffs. That right there puts him over Romo.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
It needed some fixing.
i'm sorry but luck is the biggest crock of **** of all time. Luck? luck? how do you define what is luck and what's not? it's such ****. Sure, I'll give Tyree's catch some luck, but what about the other crucial 3rd down completion to Smith? driving down the field with under 2 minutes. Luck in sports is the biggest crock of **** ever. That's just ignorant chalking up a whole Super Bowl win to ************* luck
Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bingo. Why is postseason success such a huge criteria in ranking great players? Because when it comes down to it, winning is the only thing that matters. Stats don't mean **** if you can't get it done in the only season that counts - the postseason.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 01-13-2009 at 08:40 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To sum this up, Lil B prefers stats and likes Romo. Giants fan (get ready for this) like Eli Manning better for winning them a ring. end topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

scotty I wouldn't pay attention to what Metsox says. He is the 2nd biggest Eli hater on this board and I have yet to respect a post he has made about him.

Luck? haha....child's play. If you are going to mention the word luck, then we can bring Romo into the discussion more but I'll take the high road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Eli 4 years as a starter. 4 years in the playoffs. That right there puts him over Romo.
and he has a ring to show for it, which was thanks to the defense and a miracle catch.

Your logic is amazingly flawed be cause it could be extended to say that Qb bums such as Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, ect. are better than the likes of Marino, Kelly ect.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
To sum this up, Lil B prefers stats and likes Romo. Giants fan (get ready for this) like Eli Manning better for winning them a ring. end topic.
Quote: