Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Lil B
Rookie

Lil B hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
the same giants team that made the....play offs????
The cowboys made the playoffs in the exact same scenario as the Giants last year, and they are regarded as choking. Well then Eli choked even more, seeing as Romo actually played well in last year's game.
Lil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil B View Post
Wow, his first year as a starter, Terry Glenn drops a gamewinning TD, and he fu-cks up at HOLDER , not at Qb.

Last Year, Patrick Crayton dropped not one, but two touchdown passes.That's the surrounding casts' fault, not Romo...

This year, the whole team collapsed, but so Did the Giants
Hahahaha. Yea that's ok we'll give him a free pass because holding the football is no big deal. To quote Jim Mora "Are you kidding me?"

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatThereCarGoin200mph View Post
but the stats! THE STATS!!8)
In the lasst 2 years
QB A:29 games, 62.9 % Completion, 7659 yards, 62 TDs, 33 picks, 94.4 QB rating
QB B: 32 games, 58.2 % completion, 6574 yards, 44 TDs, 30 Pick, 80.2 QB rating

stats and productivity don't lie
If you didn't know which players where which, you'd be an idiot to pick QB 2
Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
Hahahaha. Yea that's ok we'll give him a free pass because holding the football is no big deal. To quote Jim Mora "Are you kidding me?"
We're not discussing who is the better holder, but who is the better QB.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the lasst 2 years
Romo:29 games, 62.9 % Completion, 7659 yards, 62 TDs, 33 picks, 94.4 QB rating
Eli: 32 games, 58.2 % completion, 6574 yards, 44 TDs, 30 Pick, 80.2 QB rating
how many times do people have to continually ignore these pointless stats for you to stop posting them? Romo is the more talented QB. happy, can you sleep better tonight? If that makes you happy, then fine. Eli will just cry knowing he's not better than Tony Romo. And be like, "I wish I wasn't constantly in the media and had a ring like Tony! Damn, he's so much better than I".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
We're not discussing who is the better holder, but who is the better QB.

To quote Herm Edwards "You play to win the game." End of discussion. Win a meaningful game one time, then we can have this discussion.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the lasst 2 years

If you didn't know which players where which, you'd be an idiot to pick QB 2
Well first of all Eli has a mean ass running game that gets a lot of carries and Romo I am not sure but probably throws the ball more than Eli which gives him more opportunities to make plays. Stats kind of do lie because you can be very misled by stats.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
how many times do people have to continually ignore these pointless stats for you to stop posting them? Romo is the more talented QB. happy, can you sleep better tonight? If that makes you happy, then fine. Eli will just cry knowing he's not better than Tony Romo. And be like, "I wish I wasn't constantly in the media and had a ring like Tony! Damn, he's so much better than I".
So PAssing Yards, TDs, and Completion Percentages are meaningless for a pro QB.hahahahahahahahahahahaha

OMG
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Well first of all Eli has a mean ass running game that gets a lot of carries and Romo I am not sure but probably throws the ball more than Eli which gives him more opportunities to make plays. Stats kind of do lie because you can be very misled by stats.
not really

Eli:1008 attempts the last 2 years
Romo:970 attempts the last 2 years

So Eli Threw more, for less yards, less TDs, and completed a lower percentage, and is still the better QB to some of y'all?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Quote:
Marion Barber is not a slouch at running back. T.O., Williams and Witten run circles around Hixon/Toomer/Smith and Boss. The D has arguably the best player in football. Romo has no excuses.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So PAssing Yards, TDs, and Completion Percentages are meaningless for a pro QB.hahahahahahahahahahahaha

OMG
I have yet to say the word meaningless... reading comprehension rocks!

But no, that's fine. Romo can fluff his pillow with his "I have better stats than Eli" trophy along with at least 10 other starting QB's in the league and you feeling proud you statistically have the better QB while I'll go comfort Eli's sobbing while we become heartbroken polishing his super bowl ring.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marion Barber is not a slouch at running back. T.O., Williams and Witten run circles around Hixon/Toomer/Smith and Boss. The D has arguably the best player in football. Romo has no excuses.
I was trying to make the point that Romo probably has more TDs and passing yards because there team rely on the pass more than the giants do.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
must u stalk me, bearsfan?
I'm not stalking you, I'm just curious how every other banned poster is not allowed back and yet you somehow have managed to do so, particularly when 99% of your posts consist of either worthless jibberish or Cowboys homerism (usually both)

I really hope this is just a clerical error and you will soon be gone. This board is so much better since you left.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seeing as how you were the one that said that

"You're right. Eli has Earth Wind and Fire and Plax. Romo had nothing. Just a pro bowl receiver, a pro bowl tight end, pro bowl running back and three pro bowl offensive linemen to work with. Eli had all of the advantages in 2007!"
And yet, nowhere in there did I say that anyone could be plugged into the Cowboys offense and do well. Or imply it. Or suggest it. Or hint at it. Nice try though. Wait........ no it wasn't.

Quote:
In the lasst 2 years

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is the better quaterback, for the simple reason that he doesnt play for the Cowboys.

Opinion of the masses right there.

End thread/ Please ;)
Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Quote:
I was trying to make the point that Romo probably has more TDs and passing yards because there team rely on the pass more than the giants do.
My B.

Btw Romo was 18-36 against the Giants last year and threw a pick to that clown RW McQuarters. Not exactly a "good" game.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
You're arguing the teams again..But on that note, Eli Had Plax for most of these two years, aLong with Toomer, And solid backup WRs. There's OWens, Witten.......and no one else.

Brandon Jacobs is more productive than Barber, adn Ward is definitely more productive than the backups teh last 2 years. The D has 2 10 sack guys (and a third that is injured), and the 3rd best Defense this year. and he couldn't win.But I'm not going to argue that, because we are discussing individuals, and not teams.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not stalking you, I'm just curious how every other banned poster is not allowed back and yet you somehow have managed to do so, particularly when 99% of your posts consist of either worthless jibberish or Cowboys homerism (usually both)
thank god you said Cowboys homerism. if worthless jibberish and homerism equalleed banning, I'd be ****** more times than Jenna Jameson or anyone who bet money on the Cowboys winning a playoff game within the past decade.
Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I really hope this is just a clerical error and you will soon be gone. This board is so much better since you left.
Stop hating, I haven't done anything but post about football, no matter how maligned my opinions are (Because 3/4 of NFL fans hate my team).

I;ve backed up my arguments with stats and facts, whereas everyone else in the thread has used mostly overused ESPN anecdotal evidence
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're arguing the teams again..But on that note, Eli Had Plax for most of these two years, aLong with Toomer, And solid backup WRs. There's OWens, Witten.......and no one else.
So Patrick Clayton, Roy Williams, Miles Austin and Marion Barber III are no one? Good to know. ;)
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
but that's false, since Eli has thrown more passes than ROmo these past 2 years
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Quote:

Brandon Jacobs is more productive than Barber, adn Ward is definitely more productive than the backups teh last 2 years. The D has 2 10 sack guys (and a third that is injured), and the 3rd best Defense this year. and he couldn't win.But I'm not going to argue that, because we are discussing individuals, and not teams.

Here's a stat that matters. Tony Romo hasn't won a playoff game this decade.

Lil B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
So Patrick Clayton, Roy Williams, Miles Austin and Marion Barber III are no one? Good to know. ;)
I adressed Barber, he's a beast, but his backups haven't produced like Derrick Ward

Patrick Crayton, Roy WIlliams, Miles Austin have been HUGE Bums this season, especially Roy..
Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Because your team gets everyones hopes up and then CHOKES!!!! HAHAHAHA
John Wall