Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
noromasionadom

Let me say this .... if Jones has Cap problems it is because he has made some big reaches in the last years with contracts. He has only himself to blame really.

He just throws around money to big names with little regard to how that player will play AFTER he gets the deal.

I don't think it a surprise TO's issues this year are directly related to his massive off season deal. Same can be said for Hamlin, Newman and Barber this year. Add Roy Williams to that list. These guys dogged it this year for the Cowboys.

Only guy who has played better was Ratliff out of all those signings.

It is so bad allegedly, that rumor has it they night not be able to sign Ware and keep some of their other talent like Chris Canty if they do cut TO.

Sad but well deserved for Jones and crew.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noromasionadom View Post
Let me say this .... if Jones has Cap problems it is because he has made some big reaches in the last years with contracts. He has only himself to blame really.

He just throws around money to big names with little regard to how that player will play AFTER he gets the deal.

I don't think it a surprise TO's issues this year are directly related to his massive off season deal. Same can be said for Hamlin, Newman and Barber this year. Add Roy Williams to that list. These guys dogged it this year for the Cowboys.

Only guy who has played better was Ratliff out of all those signings.

It is so bad allegedly, that rumor has it they night not be able to sign Ware and keep some of their other talent like Chris Canty if they do cut TO.

Sad but well deserved for Jones and crew.
Meh. Another overreacting worry with no basis. Jerry has never let his primetime players go. NEVER.

As for Hamlin, Newman and Barber... I'm hella glad we resigned them. But if we didn't, you'd probably be sitting here saying we shouldn't have let them go. I will say this. You are pretty relentless Rob.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
noromasionadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Meh. Another overreacting worry with no basis. Jerry has never let his primetime players go. NEVER.
Yeah, and how did that work out last time?

Resigning ALL of your big name players never works -- which is what Jones is doing again in spite of his past failures with this strategy.

Fact is some percentage end up dogging the contract, many get injured, thsi strategy prevents you from signing other players in the future that you will end up needing, it prevents you from promoting young talent, and it limits you financially to pursue FA.

I mean, has anyone taken notice that New England, Pittsburgh, Indy have remained very good NOT doing this? Even the Eagles. Meh is right.

Last edited by noromasionadom : 01-15-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO on the patriots wouldn't make them any better. They are already set. TO if anything would ruin the teams chemistry and cause tons of problems.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO really isn't relevant or important enough to ruin any team with a strong core of guys like the Patriots.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
TO really isn't relevant or important enough to ruin any team with a strong core of guys like the Patriots.
How would he contribute?
He has a better chance to hurt the Patriots rather than help.
He only ends up dropping balls in key situations.
The Patriots have arguably the best offense without him why gamble?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
noromasionadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
..... He only ends up dropping balls in key situations.....
Give that man a prize.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
How would he contribute?
He has a better chance to hurt the Patriots rather than help.
He only ends up dropping balls in key situations.
The Patriots have arguably the best offense without him why gamble?
Who says the ball goes to him in a key situation? He'd be like the best second receiver... ever lol.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Who says the ball goes to him in a key situation? He'd be like the best second receiver... ever lol.
I could name a ton that are better and more reliable.

Patriots would only be getting older and jack up there cap with the contract he would want.

Wes Welker is a better #2 than TO would be.

There are plenty of key situations that you have to go to your second and third reads... you can't just assume that TO wouldn't see balls coming his way when coverage is good. And like in the past I promise he will disappoint...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-15-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I'm not a TO fan, but it sounds like a lot of haterade from your end. If you can't acknowledge he is a top threat, there's really no hope of reasoning.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker means more to the patriots than TO ever would. TO killed my eagles i hope he retires or goes and plays CFL or Arena
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I don't hate TO for any reason. I have just observed his screw ups.

When you look at his production over recent years he isn't a top threat...

Plain and simple...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO isn't the receiver he once was, but who can the Cowboys replace him with that's currently better? Sam Hurd, Patrick Crayton? I don't think so.

Even if they draft a talented rookie or two in the Draft, you can't count on a kid out of college to step in as a starter. If you're a bad team like the Rams, sure, but the Cowboys are contending for the playoffs.

You're stuck with the guy for one more year, might as well make the most of it, I say. Try and get him the ball as much as possible imo. Roy and Crayton can't *****, because Roy is the man starting in '10 although he already got paid now and Crayton is at best a servicable #3 who should stop flapping his idiot gums anyways.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
noromasionadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
TO isn't the receiver he once was, but who can the Cowboys replace him with that's currently better? Sam Hurd, Patrick Crayton? I don't think so.
Williams, Austin, Hurd, Stanback, Witten, Bennett, Curtis, barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.

There are few NFL teams with this much talent at the skill positions (sans TO).

Maybe if they ran their routes properly, executed their assignments ruthlessly .... it would not be an issue.

Here is a link with pretty good analysis though I disagree with the conclusion (I hope this is not an issue with Scott -- free website and not draft oriented) ....

http://defendingthestar.blogspot.com/

Last edited by noromasionadom : 01-15-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noromasionadom View Post
Williams, Austin, Hurd, Stanback, Witten, Bennett, Curtis, barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.

There are few NFL teams with this much talent at the skill positions (sans TO).

http://defendingthestar.blogspot.com/
Not to be negative, but I don't quite agree with this analysis. To me it reads:

Talented but mercurial underachiever, nobody, nobody, NOBODY (I remember him though), legitimate All-Pro TE, nobody, and 3 talented running backs who still have quite a bit to prove. There's a lot there, but...

Cowboys aren't good enough to roll teams right now (in the NFC East) without TO. They need him.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put TO on the NY Giants and they are playing this weekend.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kind of like how the Cowboys were playing on championship weekend last year?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Kind of like how the Cowboys were playing on championship weekend last year?
I love when the Cowboys get credit for being better than they actually were. Guess it's the rich history and all the SB rings. :D
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love when the Cowboys get credit for being better than they actually were. Guess it's the rich history and all the SB rings. :D
What exactly do you mean by that?
Old 01-16-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What exactly do you mean by that?
Oh... the Cowboys weren't playing in the NFC Championship game last year. You gotta win a playoff game to get there.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doubt it. He'd probably be an obnoxious cancer just like Jeremy Shockey was.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Doubt it. He'd probably be an obnoxious cancer just like Jeremy Shockey was.
The giants won a championship with him on their roster tho =O

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:46 AM    (permalink
noromasionadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The giants won a championship with him on their roster tho =O
Wow, talk about missing the forest ......

Fact is Shockey was injured and off the game day roster during the entire playoffs and the late regular season..

And worse yet, it was AFTER THE INJURY the GMen went on a roll and stated to play together.

Eli Manning started playing much better once the whiney, slacker with bad hands but physical talent (sounds like TO) was replaced by Kevin Boss.

Talk about Plaxico if you want in terms of the GMen but Plax plays on Sunday, avoids the media and does not pretend to be a leader. He is an individual contributor and he gets it.

Plax earns his QBs trust by making tough, clutch catches and running his routes. Not so much with TO who drops balls, breaks off routes to run 50 yards downfield and seems to throw most under the bus whenhe is not a "star."

These loud mouth, pouty receivers seeking the next contract are all losers.

Last edited by noromasionadom : 01-16-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact remains that TO isn't going anywhere this coming season. He carries a 10 million dollar cap hit if Dallas cuts him and nobody is going to take that kind of cap hit. Like it or not, TO is staying with Dallas for the 2009 season.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-16-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
noromasionadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The fact remains that TO isn't going anywqhere this coming season. He carries a 10 million dollar cap hit if Dallas cuts him and nobody is going to take that kind of cap hit. Like it or not, TO is staying with Dallas for the 2009 season.
Yeah, OK, and what is the point? That Jerry Jones is not a very good GM? That a discussion on a blog is irrelevant to Mr Jones?

Hey, say what I will Mr Jones can do whatever he wants and so can TO. Both very wealthy grown men who care not a whit what you or I say.

These discussions are for our enjoyment, not their education.

Last edited by noromasionadom : 01-16-2009 at 09:01 AM.