Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CHRIS WHALEY Highlights - Edit: I forgot that rivals membership is needed to view these.

All American game highlights
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...lights-4-43156

High School Highlights
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...srIhNCl9b1RaN4

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...srIhNCl9afTJR4

Last edited by cdub11 : 01-23-2009 at 04:58 PM.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lol watch the video of Calvin Howel and Whaley talking. Howel is funny.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Did you see him in the All-American game?

Your underrating him alot, he's a big and powerful runner with breakaway speed, of course he won't be looking like he did in HS but he's going to be big enough as a freshman to run through defenders.

Listening to your scouting report of the guy you'd like to think he'd be sitting the bench for 4 years lol, scouts are really in love with this guy I highly doubt anyone is going to have an easy time bringing him down, he's 233 out of HS, the guy is a tank.
I really wish i could have seen the All-American game, i would have gotten a better idea of the type of performance he'll bring in next year. He does in fact look like a big, powerful guy, but i don't think he's any Beanie Wells.

Power aside, unless we adjust our offense a bit, our formations and running schemes require a lot of cutback ability and agility.. something that this kid might not have enough of to succeed. Again, i'd love to be proven wrong, but i'd wanna see a little more of him, against top notch competition to make a more accurate assessment.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
lol watch the video of Calvin Howel and Whaley talking. Howel is funny.
good stuff
Old 01-25-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I didnt know we had this many UT fans...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Wow, I didnt know we had this many UT fans...
Woot Woot!

Let's bump this baby back up.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Woot Woot!
Where you are a Longhorn, Sooner or Aggie fan, one thing you can always agree on: at least the others aren't Tech fans.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where you are a Longhorn, Sooner or Aggie fan, one thing you can always agree on: at least the others aren't Tech fans.
Or a Cowboy. ^^

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

TexasKing007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas class is official.

Top five with three blue chips according to rivals.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's winning the South next year? Texas?

Everyone says Missouri is going to have a down year but seriously they got a lot of talent still and the only team I see challenging them for the North is Nebraska and maybe Kansas. But I think we'll see the same thing from Mizzou...9-10 win season, big 12 north champs and then an embarrassment in the Big 12 Championship game.

Gabbert to Woodland could be fun to watch.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:45 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Everyone says Missouri is going to have a down year but seriously they got a lot of talent still and the only team I see challenging them for the North is Nebraska and maybe Kansas. But I think we'll see the same thing from Mizzou...9-10 win season, big 12 north champs and then an embarrassment in the Big 12 Championship game.

I like KU the most out of all 3, then Neb, then mizzou.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:

Im going to say Texas wins the South and Kansas wins the North
Old 02-06-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I like KU the most out of all 3, then Neb, then mizzou.
If I remember correctly, they really like Patrick Witt at Nebraska to replace Ganz. Losing Lucky is going to hurt them but they seem to always have RBs.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:
If I remember correctly, they really like Patrick Witt at Nebraska to replace Ganz. Losing Lucky is going to hurt them but they seem to always have RBs.
Quentin Castille should be the starting RB next year
Old 02-06-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen Rolandis Woodland play? from everything I've heard he's supposed to be the next star at Missouri. Maclin is going around saying this kid is going to be sick.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
That's also how I see it. If Gabbert is as good as advertised I could see him being the X-factor in the north. In the future though, I think nebraska will rule the north for awhile, I just like what they are doing and the kind of recruits they are bringing in.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
That's also how I see it. If Gabbert is as good as advertised I could see him being the X-factor in the north. In the future though, I think nebraska will rule the north for awhile, I just like what they are doing and the kind of recruits they are bringing in.
From what I've read and listened to....The Missouri coaching staff seemed more excited when they got Blaine Dalton. I remember reading an article about the day Dalton called them and said he was coming to Missouri. The coaches celebrated and even interrupted a Gary Pinkel press conference to say "We got our guy coach"
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
how I see it as well
Old 02-07-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
The coaches celebrated and even interrupted a Gary Pinkel press conference to say "We got our guy coach"
Whenever coaches talk about bringing in guys they always make it seem like they got a big-time guy that is going to have an immediate impact. I mean, if I just listened to what Sherman said about Spencer Nealy, you'd think he was a 4- or 5-star prospect rather than 2-star.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

Texas takes the South, but OU has Bradford back so they won't go down easy.

I think Nebraska takes the North over Kansas and Mizzou. Kansas lost a lot on defense and Mizzou doesn't play defense so I give the Huskers the edge.

Texas/Oklahoma will probably dominate whichever team comes out of the North anyway so it won't matter much. The North is rising, but they still have a ways to go.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Kansas has to be the favorite from a talent standpoint, but they have a brutal schedule. I still can't understand why Nebraska is getting so much hype. There wins last season were not of a great quality and beating Clemson didn't mean much. Missouri is very young and could win between 6-8. I think it's going to come down to the Border War this year to determine who will win the North and as of right now I would say that game would be a pick em.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

Nebraska has the best defense in the North I think.

Plus they have Castille on offense, who I really like. I wanna see what he can do this year as the full time starter.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited for our defense next year. Our front 7 is going to be beastly. Brian Jackson and Dominique Franks improved all year and hopefully they keep improving. Losing our safeties hurt so our secondary is going to rely on them.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'm excited for our defense next year. Our front 7 is going to be beastly. Brian Jackson and Dominique Franks improved all year and hopefully they keep improving. Losing our safeties hurt so our secondary is going to rely on them.
will RJ Washington have an important role?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
will RJ Washington have an important role?
He'll probably fight for the starting spot against Jeremy Beal and Frank Alexander. I don't think he will but he'll get some playing time.

Sig by Hitman D.