Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Against the Titans, Rodgers only completed 53.7% of his passes with a 76.7 QB rating, Forte had 72 yards and 3.6 YPC, and Peterson was held to 80 yards and 4.4 YPC. The three players combined for 4 total TD's and 3 turnovers.

Maybe not pee their pants, but there's nothing wrong with making 'em sweat! :)
The Lions Dont have a Haynesworth though...
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Peterson is so good that 80 yards and 4.4 ypc is a bad game, lol.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leigh Bodden is a marginal starter at best. Jim Schwartz laughs at your suggestion to modify his defense for him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
I like the veteran experience of Culpepper rubbing off with Stafford. I'm not a huge Culpepper fan but i feel most QBs like Stafford and Sanchez have the talent but need to learn how to play in the NFL. Culpepper would be a great teacher to a rookie QB. I feel we've reached a plateau in terms of talent with Dan O, but Culpepper would be a good stop gap while the rookie QB is learning.

In terms of Sanchez...if my daughter came home with a boyfriend who was arrested for sexual assault, cleared or not cleared, i would tell her she needs to get a new boyfriend.
Hope Culpepper's eating habits dont rub off on Stafford.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah that is crazy. But if Peterson has a game like that, chances are you get a W against the Vikings due to ineptness at QB.

Week 2 in 2007 we held Peterson to something like that and won the game. You can't stop him only hope to contain him.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Leigh Bodden is a marginal starter at best. Jim Schwartz laughs at your suggestion to modify his defense for him.
Agreed. Bodden and many others better learn how to tackle and cover in zone or man or they will be gone.

If Schwartz can do something with a 7th rounder like Finnegan though I still have some hope for Bodden.

Of course, we'll still need the front 4. Stupid Shaun Rogers and his crappy work ethic.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
The Lions Dont have a Haynesworth though...
We will but he'll have the name Raji on the back of his jersey

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
We will but he'll have the name Raji on the back of his jersey
I'd LOVE that, but I think Raji will be scooped before 20. Penetrating NT's are getting quite popular nowadays, wouldn't you agree?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well, I wasn't say scheme for Bodden. And have you looked at our team? A marginal starter is AWESOME for us. Wooo hooo.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good hireeeeeee. Anyone think we should have a Martin Mayhew sort of track record thread?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read this news and ...

jizzed in MAI PANTS . Hey Mayhew its your fault you were rubbing my butt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=PlayList&p=7F98C7D585C F5B91&playnext=1&index=1

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L
Yeah that is crazy. But if Peterson has a game like that, chances are you get a W against the Vikings due to ineptness at QB.

Week 2 in 2007 we held Peterson to something like that and won the game. You can't stop him only hope to contain him.
Lol, yup. When AP's averages are 110 YPG and 4.8 YPC, then 80 yards and 4.4 YPC is a defensive showcase! It was All Day's 3rd lowest YPC average all season, and 4th lowest yardage amount as well. The only difference is that some of those defenses geared up against AP in expense of the Minnesota QB's having good days against the secondary. The Titans were able to stop both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999
Well, I wasn't say scheme for Bodden. And have you looked at our team? A marginal starter is AWESOME for us. Wooo hooo.
Lol, but as I said earlier, he puts his players in the position to succeed. If Bodden is deemed a starter under Schwartz and he's a better man-corner than zone-corner, then I'd say he'll mix in more Man-Under in with the Cover 2.

Why can't Bodden play zone well?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Lol, but as I said earlier, he puts his players in the position to succeed. If Bodden is deemed a starter under Schwartz and he's a better man-corner than zone-corner, then I'd say he'll mix in more Man-Under in with the Cover 2.

Why can't Bodden play zone well?
Well then.... I don't know why he couldn't play zone well. He just wasn't as good as he was the year before.

2007 - 76 solo, 12 assisted, 15 passes defensed, 6 interceptions
2008 - 61 solo, 12 assisted, 11 passes defensed, 1 interception

Maybe he wasn't THAT bad.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our version of zone this past year placed an emphasis on not making plays

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Our version of the zone was being out of it........... ho ho.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

we played zone?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love this hire ... Schwartz has scouting experience too, that is a bonus! I also enjoy what I read about his reputation as an X's & O's intellect and strategizer. Although Captain Mosticolli had a big heart and loved football, he never was going to out coach or out scheme a team.

So this means we will be looking for a LB/DT/CB in the draft for sure. Hopefully a OT/OG too ...

Good day in Detroit football.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
Martin decision making is perfect so far:

Roy Williams trade A+
Culpepper signing D-
Jim Schwartz A

what next? i predict...

Stafford #1 A+!!!
That's better. Awesome hire by Mayhew though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I realllllllllllllly hope he starts scouting TOMORROW. He should storm into Mobile and take over the Senior Bowl.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys. Since you have a Titans coach now, we will offer you Lenwhal...Lendale White, Vince Young, Chris Henry, Alge Crumpler, Justin McCaerins, and Nick Harper for the #1 pick. Cool?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Guys. Since you have a Titans coach now, we will offer you Lenwhal...Lendale White, Vince Young, Chris Henry, Alge Crumpler, Justin McCaerins, and Nick Harper for the #1 pick. Cool?
For #20.... deal.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-15-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good news.

That is all the comments I have for now . . . 'The Office' is on!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. Schwartz is the man.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is there any idea or inclination towards who the coordinators will be? Please tell me we wont have a guy like Coletto running the offense.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendert58 View Post
Is there any idea or inclination towards who the coordinators will be? Please tell me we wont have a guy like Coletto running the offense.
Haven't seen anything, but I'd expect him to bring a position coach from Tennessee with him. Preferably Dave McGinnis.. former Arizona HC, currently their Linebackers coach.

I wonder if he'd be up for bringing in a Ron Rivera, or maybe even Jerry Gray to run the Defense.

There's some other names I've checked out, but they're escaping me right now.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote