Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-16-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Hire for you guys finally something to cheer about.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schwartz's press conference is on 97.1 FM right now.

So far, so good. I like this guy.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shwartz said 4-3 most likley defense, being him i thinks its a given, but he said hc's make too much about bringing schemes over, he talked about putting your players in the best position to win no matter what scheme it is
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeth View Post
shwartz said 4-3 most likley defense, being him i thinks its a given, but he said hc's make too much about bringing schemes over, he talked about putting your players in the best position to win no matter what scheme it is
Thank God for the Anti-Marinelli approach.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Thank God for the Anti-Marinelli approach.
for sure, he also reiterated that he wants to build a team not made for a dome, he wants a big physical team that plays well in dec/jan and that the best way to do that is the o and d lines
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that puts a tear in my eye. it would be nice being able to play in green bay and chicago late in the season...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

With Schwartz I actually see hope of a victory in Green Bay in my lifetime.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3838340

halfway through the video michael smith talks about schwartz's use of statistics and film habits. made schwartz sound like a supernerd. he also highlighted that schwartz is really good at personel evaluations and talked about how tennessee with the exception of thornton and hope have relied on the draft and not free agency to replenish their defense. i'm ready for the senior bowl now.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he also highlighted that schwartz is really good at personel evaluations and talked about how tennessee with the exception of thornton and hope have relied on the draft and not free agency to replenish their defense. i'm ready for the senior bowl now.
Nick Harper and Tony Brown were not Titans draft picks either.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeth View Post
for sure, he also reiterated that he wants to build a team not made for a dome, he wants a big physical team that plays well in dec/jan and that the best way to do that is the o and d lines
That's all I care about. Just because we play in a dome doesn't mean we have to have a team built to play only indoors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This all sounds like a championship formula to me so far.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
This all sounds like a championship formula to me so far.
Hope so, or just a playoff one atleast.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Hope so, or just a playoff one atleast.
Or winning sorry guys couldn't resist.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Or winning sorry guys couldn't resist.
Dont be, it's quite appropriate.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Haven't seen anything, but I'd expect him to bring a position coach from Tennessee with him. Preferably Dave McGinnis.. former Arizona HC, currently their Linebackers coach.
VooDooMonkey and I are thinking he's the likely replacement for Schwartz as TN's DC, so back off bud! ;)

McGinnis would be a great choice for DC for ya'll if that's who Schwartz wants. I think his defenses in Arizona led the league in turnovers while he was there. And being a former HC, he'd bring the HC experience that critics complain that Schwartz lacks.

Another candidate could be Chuck Cecil, TN's DB's coach. He's an up-and-comer who's name I hear get thrown around a lot by people outside on Titans circles.

Also, do ya'll think ya'll will still go for a QB at #1 overall with Schwartz as HC, and what player are ya'll hoping for at #20 after hearing about Schwartz philosophies?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
VooDooMonkey and I are thinking he's the likely replacement for Schwartz as TN's DC, so back off bud! ;)

McGinnis would be a great choice for DC for ya'll if that's who Schwartz wants. I think his defenses in Arizona led the league in turnovers while he was there. And being a former HC, he'd bring the HC experience that critics complain that Schwartz lacks.

Another candidate could be Chuck Cecil, TN's DB's coach. He's an up-and-comer who's name I hear get thrown around a lot by people outside on Titans circles.

Also, do ya'll think ya'll will still go for a QB at #1 overall with Schwartz as HC, and what player are ya'll hoping for at #20 after hearing about Schwartz philosophies?
I still think the Stafford at 1, and whoever is the best D-line/O-line prospect at 20. 33 would probably be another lineman (if we picked O then D and vice versa) or the best ILB or CB prospect around.

well, that's my guess.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya'll can probably cross ILB off ya'lls list of possible early picks. Schwartz has placed the least value at MIKE in his tenure in TN, as he likes to play a lot of nickel formations.

There's a reason why nobody knows who plays MLB for the Titans... :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ya'll can probably cross ILB off ya'lls list of possible early picks. Schwartz has placed the least value at MIKE in his tenure in TN, as he likes to play a lot of nickel formations.

That guy whose last name rhymes with Bullock?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yup, Stephen Tulloch! And he only encourages the mispelling of Bulluck's name even more... :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Something tells me Schwartz wont take any titan coaches with him.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be glad when the season starts so we don't have to hear what Schwartz will do with the team. He has never been a HC before and nobody knows how successful he'll be. I remember all the praising of Marinelli's ideas when he was hired ad nosium.
Mayhew is in charge of the draft, nobody knows how much imput Shwartz will even have in that process, so saying he'll draft this or that player is based on nothing at this point. Most HC get to give their opinion on a prospect and give their GM a wish list but it is still up to the GM to decide who we pick. HC's have tunnel vision when it comes to the draft. They tend to draft for need instead of the best talent available. That's why most teams rely on their GM to decide as they balance talent with need.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But really, for non-cover 2's, MLB is probably the most plug-and-play position in the NFL. Just look at the instant success pretty much every recent MLB has had coming in from the draft. You can easily get one in the 4th round who, as long as he likes to hit, is just as effective as one in the first or second.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... you know what I'm chugging?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TitanHope, I have a question for you. I noticed that it looks like your DE's seem to line up a little further outside and try and set the edge versus the run, ie get a little further outside to take away outside stuff and guys bouncing things out and drive everything back to the middle of the field for your stud guys in the middle. Do you think that's an accurate assesment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote