Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Help me fight the good fight on MLive!

Okay, I grew tired of the idiotic things that I see on MLive.com's comments for each of their Lions articles. Especially pertaining to the Draft. Nobody wants a Quarterback #1. At #1 they seem to want Brian Orakpo, Michael Oher, Rey Maualuga, Aaron Curry, or even Taylor Mays when he was in. Basically, anybody BUT a Quarterback. Apparently it's just a terrible decision to go after a Franchise QB.

Anyways, I got tired of seeing this.. I decided to Register there and try to straighten everyone out.. Someone asked if I was Matt Millen.... anyways, there's only a couple people that seem to want or even accept the possibility of Stafford being our #1 Pick. So, I'm asking all of you knowledgeable folks to Register there and help me let these punks know what's up. I don't want to hear a big uproar when we take Stafford.

Even if you don't want to, just make fun of them in this thread. May the Schwartz be with you.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im not a big supporter of Stafford at #1 but I think you're fighting the good fight. The Taylor Mays issue has been driving me crazy.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't try to tell Mlive anything, it's a lost cause. You should know that 80% of the posters on there are a clique of regulars that have been fellating each other for nearly a decade.

Just today I was reading a thread on there where some of them were discussing Stafford vis-a-vis which ones had wanted to draft Harrington and which ones hadn't. And they knew which was which.

I read the mlive board simply because when there's breaking news it usually shows up there first, but trying to actually talk to those people is useless. Plus the board format is the worst thing ever.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

I am frustrated about some of these fans too. I don't know much about M Live, but 97.1 call ins drive me up the wall. They think that Michael Johnson is a #1 draft pick. Some guy called yesterday and said Rey Maualuga will also go #1. The morning guys don't even bat on eye lash when these absurd statements are said. I don't get to bothered by it now. I'm sure these Detroit fans also want the Lions to win. That's why we have Martin Mayhew and real NFL scouts to sort thru the bull and make a decent pick. Cough.

Don't let it bother you. These fans are not football freaks like us. They don't tape Matthew Stafford games and watch them over and over like me. I know, i should get a life. I do have 2 little girls. Should spend more time with them.
Anyways, i am writing to Martin Mayhew begging him to draft Stafford at #1. I know the letters are not going anywhere but maybe it crosses his table and he can't help reading it.

Martin Mayhew
The Detroit Lions, Inc.
222 Republic Drive
Allen Park, MI 48101
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know how you can spend more time with your daughters.. watch the Stafford tapes with them!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nerd rageeeeeeeeeee.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a lost cause, WMD. MLive is full of blithering idiots.

Same goes for the people who call into talk radio stations.

If you don't follow the NFL Draft and college football year round, you're very likely to be illogical when it comes to this kind of stuff. I don't think it's a coincidence that nearly all of the Lions fans are in lockstep agreement about much of the Lions future plans. We're smart people. But we can't be expected to inform the masses.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It's a lost cause, WMD. MLive is full of blithering idiots.

[b]Same goes for the people who call into talk radio stations.[/b[

If you don't follow the NFL Draft and college football year round, you're very likely to be illogical when it comes to this kind of stuff. I don't think it's a coincidence that nearly all of the Lions fans are in lockstep agreement about much of the Lions future plans. We're smart people. But we can't be expected to inform the masses.
Buy a Sirius radio and listen to NFL Radio. I promise you won't be dissapointed. The fans that call in are in large part at least slightly more knowledgable than the average fan, and some are quite smart. But the hosts actually have football knowledge and some inside sources, so they don't throw out stupid things like MLB's or Safeties at #1. It's so much better than your average horrid talk radio station.

Plus next week, Pat Kirwan will be live from the Senior Bowl practices. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was listening to 97.1 on the way home from work and some idiot called in and listed six guys he wanted at #1 and none of them were a quarterback (A. Smith, Curry, Jenkins, Monroe, Maualuga (lol), or Oher). ******* moron.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Everybody wants a quick fix.. but in my opinion, drafting the QB sets you up better for the future. You rarely find a Franchise QB in Free Agency.. The only one I can think of is Brees to the Saints. They touch the ball on every play, blah blah blah.. It's been said a million times. Those fans don't know anything. Freaks.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
I am frustrated about some of these fans too. I don't know much about M Live, but 97.1 call ins drive me up the wall. They think that Michael Johnson is a #1 draft pick. Some guy called yesterday and said Rey Maualuga will also go #1. The morning guys don't even bat on eye lash when these absurd statements are said. I don't get to bothered by it now. I'm sure these Detroit fans also want the Lions to win. That's why we have Martin Mayhew and real NFL scouts to sort thru the bull and make a decent pick. Cough.

Don't let it bother you. These fans are not football freaks like us. They don't tape Matthew Stafford games and watch them over and over like me. I know, i should get a life. I do have 2 little girls. Should spend more time with them.
Anyways, i am writing to Martin Mayhew begging him to draft Stafford at #1. I know the letters are not going anywhere but maybe it crosses his table and he can't help reading it.

Martin Mayhew
The Detroit Lions, Inc.
222 Republic Drive
Allen Park, MI 48101
Ha ha yeah I remember when the callers were on the "Bring TIM MFING TEBOW to Detroit kick" I almost blew a gasket in the middle of work.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:08 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love when I hear people call for a LB, S or CB at #1 in any draft. Casual fans are entertaining to say the least.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.mlive.com/twominutedrill...a_play_fo.html

Holy hell this writer is an idiot. In fact, idiotic just doesn't do this article justice. WTF!?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16.7 million for one year of peppers is a bargain over two rookie contracts? might want to check his sources.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, at least all the commenters are saying they'd never do the deal. There is hope!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I am losing faith in the human race.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

97.1 is terrible. The afternoon guy that i listened to the other day said he wanted Mays at #1 because he would solidify our defense all by himself. The hosts seem more like casual fans then intelligent football fans.

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah, it really pisses me off that the hosts of these shows are often as irrational and underinformed as the average casual fan.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I'm convinced that Xio, WMD and I should be in charge of the Lions forever.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-18-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I'm convinced that Xio, WMD and I should be in charge of the Lions forever.
We just have to endear ourselves to Mr. Ford.

I bought a Ford vehicle last year. I wonder if that's endearing enough?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An honest question to Lions fans:

Do you feel that the average Lions fan is....

A) Smarter than the average NFL fan
B) Dumber than the average NFL fan
C) About the same

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
An honest question to Lions fans:

Do you feel that the average Lions fan is....

A) Smarter than the average NFL fan
B) Dumber than the average NFL fan
C) About the same
About the same. It's widespread that the type of people who call into talk radio shows are in ill-informed.

I happen to think that collectively, the Lions fans on these boards are among the smartest compared to other team representations.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
About the same. It's widespread that the type of people who call into talk radio shows are in ill-informed.

I happen to think that collectively, the Lions fans on these boards are among the smartest compared to other team representations.
I agree. The average fans that you talk to outside of here are still talking about us drafting Crabtree "because thats what the Lions do".

I think that the Lions fans on here for the most part try to be as realistic about or chances then any other teams fans. Maybe its just our history that prevents most of us from being that blatent homer.

sig by Pacific
Old 01-18-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah, there is a guy I work with (he's in his late 30's), that always asks me about the Lions because he knows I am well-informed on this kind of stuff, and I am always trying to convince him that as much as the Lions need a LB, and a S, and most everything else, we can't possibly select anything but an OT or QB at #1.

On multiple occasions he's argued that we should take Crabtree #1 because "he's just sick! Imagine him and Calvin together!" I just shake my head and ask him how well we did with Rogers, Roy, BMW, and Calvin.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

You dont work at fed ex in Lansing do you? lol that sounds exactly like my uncle!

sig by Pacific