Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue View Post
You dont work at fed ex in Lansing do you? lol that sounds exactly like my uncle!
Haha, no sir.

I think the lack of a good QB for 50 years has given people the "Who needs one!?" mentality. People just wanna build the offensive line.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

The only reason I would be against taking a qb is that if its just a pr stunt to try and get fans back in the seats. If they grade either tackle higher then either quaterback and still take a qb I would be upset.

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pissed if Andre is #1. He's got a potential weight problem and potential discipline/off the field issues.

Eugene Monroe is my #1 OT.

I want Stafford. You build a team by getting a QB and developing him.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

If we were to draft Stafford would you start him from Day 1?

Ive been on the fence about this pick since we locked it up. I worked in the south for most of the fall. I got to seee alot of Georgia's games. The biggest issue I have with Stafford is his play when under pressure. And he is going to see alot of that if he starts here from day 1 and we do nothing about the oline. I also got to see alot of Alabam's games and was very impressed with Smith's play. He is a mauler with a mean streak.

What leads you to believe he has those issues? Besides the Sugar Bowl incident?

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'd see how he reacts in training camp and the preseason, but probably not.

I'd start someone else the first 5-6 weeks and maybe work him into the game when our defense has allowed too many points to catch up.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Mykdaneck

alright who posted the "Mlive sucks" on Mlive under the Marinelli/ goodbye ladies thread? LOL. If we all did that it would be more intelligent than all the rest of the crap on there.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm always tempted to refer people to this site since intelligent people actually inhibit it, but I don't want a whole host of new idiots swarming the Lions forum.

[TacticaLion provides enough madness for one lifetime]
Old 01-20-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...no_1_pick.html

We shouldn't waste our #1 on a QB because:

1- Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and Tim Tebow are returning to college
2- We have Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky (doesn't mention that he's a FA), Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, and Drew Henson.
3- The OL and DL are more pressing needs

I think he just made the case of why the Lions should take a QB. I'd take Stafford or Sanchez ahead of Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Kitna, Orlovsky, Culpepper, Stanton, and Henson.

The OL and DL are big needs, but the talent drop off of QB's is much greater than it is for LT and DE/DT.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

And will people please STOP arguing we can't take a QB because our DL stinks! There isn't a freaking DL to take #1, or Top 5, or hardly even top 10!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
And will people please STOP arguing we can't take a QB because our DL stinks! There isn't a freaking DL to take #1, or Top 5, or hardly even top 10!
Yeah, it'd be different if there was a Mario Williams available.. but there isn't, not even close. It seems like people just find a position of need, pick the top rated guy, and want him #1. Drafting a QB shows great planning for the future.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Yeah, it'd be different if there was a Mario Williams available.. but there isn't, not even close. It seems like people just find a position of need, pick the top rated guy, and want him #1. Drafting a QB shows great planning for the future.
Yeah, you know the Lions have a big need at KR/PR. It's perhaps the weakest position on our team. Let's just take Marcus Thigpen #1.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still am kind of hoping for a LT ahead of Stafford. (or a trade down of course - but yeah)

I am not a huge expert on him like others but there seem to be enough questions still about Stafford to be nervous about him as a #1 pick.

Picking their favorite LT out of the group seems like a safer bet for a long-term starter, also it would mean getting rid of Backus who I despise, also it would signal building the team "from the inside out" like Mayhew and Schwartz have said, which is an approach the Lions have almost never taken and needed to for so long.

I know the arguments for Stafford and they are pretty good ones, I admit. But I still am just hoping for the Lions to do what they have never done in years: Build a solid core of a team that can play tough, THEN add playmakers.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think Andre Smith has more question marks about him than Stafford, so I can't possibly advocate that. Eugene Monroe is my preferred OT, but I'm just not sure I could spend the #1 pick on him.

I feel like taking an OT instead of a QB is a sign of weakness in the Lions new front office. Everyone knows we need a QB above all else, but we're afraid of starting the new era by drafting at a position with a higher bust rate. You've gotta get the most talented guy here. As bad as the Lions have been lately, we haven't had the #1 pick since 1980.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frankly I disagree that we need QB above all else. We need a team before anyone can lead it. Sure QB is one need, but there are many others and they're all important. So getting the player that will help our team the most, right now and in the long run, is most important.

If the Lions are 100% convinced that Stafford is that guy, then OK fine. But I'm not convinced, especially since everyone says he has drawbacks and needs more development.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, you know the Lions have a big need at KR/PR. It's perhaps the weakest position on our team. Let's just take Marcus Thigpen #1.
Maybe if Ted Ginn was in the draft...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This is somewhat related to the original topic:

1130 WDFN is losing all local programing and switching to syndicated sports talk only.

97.1 FM is king.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

There was a guy on 97.1 that seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He was on around Noon on Sunday. I don't know his name. True story.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
raji is playing his way up there now

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
There was a guy on 97.1 that seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He was on around Noon on Sunday. I don't know his name. True story.
Are you sure you didn't just have a stroke? Maybe this was a dream you had while in a coma. Did you have a strange beard after you heard this? It's 2009, what year do you remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I hear one more idiot call into the radio saying "Let's draft Brian Orakpo #1" I'm going to jump through the radio and strangle him to death.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
If I hear one more idiot call into the radio saying "Let's draft Brian Orakpo #1" I'm going to jump through the radio and strangle him to death.
I'll provide an alibi for you. That's a deed that just shouldn't go punished by the way.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Peefington View Post
And I shall then call the Rochester police and turn you both in.

And Nicholas I can never subscribe to your 'good' fight if it supports Stafford. I think he may be the next Kobayashi; just look at that fat face! Imagine how fast he could eat hot dogs.
Way to ruin all the fun dude.

Thanks much.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And Nicholas I can never subscribe to your 'good' fight if it supports Stafford. I think he may be the next Kobayashi; just look at that fat face! Imagine how fast he could eat hot dogs.
You have an extremely odd name. On top of that, you're a rat. But there's a clown in your avatar, so it's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least you guys have talk shows where the subject is the Lions and Lions fans at all. There are three Lions fans that I know of in Ottawa period, and I'm one of them.

Lol....Crabtree #1....lmao
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dr. Roxo.... the rock and roll clown. Ka-ka-ka-YEAHHHHHHH.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote