Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My life would be empty without them. To each their own.
well, if you wants kids, then good for you. I hope you do a good job of raising them to be upstanding citizens. as for me, I want to be selfish and concentrate all my time/money on my spouse and myself.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i pretty much know she's worthy. i mean, im 26, shes 23, we both know what the deal is.

we both have a lot going on right now to worry about marriage. i work full time and do grad school part time, shes doing the same, we both want to finish our educations and get our careers established first.

bc once you get married, you start popping out kids, and any realistic goal of post grad education is out the window really. so we both want to get our career goals out of the way now bc we know we won't be able to pull it off later while married.

but she's seen her friends getting married, and you know how girls get these ideas in their head. monkey see, monkey do.

so whenever she gets in that mood, you throw her a stiff arm and keep it moving.
Interesting...I actually have a couple questions for you. Perhaps better served for a PM but it's relationship stuff so it seems fine. I've been dating the same girl, off and on (more on than off) for 4 years now, since HS. I'm now a junior in college, still together, trying to figure out future plans and stuff.

Both of us plan on going to grad school which is why your post really jumped out at me, I want to get my doctorate and she wants to be a doctor (medical), so what's dating while you're so busy between schoolwork and work like? Obviously you're doing school part time and working full time and she and I will probably end up doing the reverse (though I may end up working full time and going back to school part time, so I also wonder what that's like, still have time to make a decision there but I'd be interested to hear your take on it) so it's a little different but similar concept, you're pretty busy either way.

She and I also want to get our careers going before we get rolling with all of that other stuff, so the situations seem similar even though I'm a few years behind you. So just your general take on stuff, how this situation is going, any suggestions you would have, would be pretty interesting.

Last edited by derza222 : 10-08-2009 at 01:06 AM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
well, if you wants kids, then good for you. I hope you do a good job of raising them to be upstanding citizens. as for me, I want to be selfish and concentrate all my time/money on my spouse and myself.
It's pretty much up in the air for me. I see good things and bad things for both sides of that so I'll probably just go wherever the road takes me.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
It's pretty much up in the air for me. I see good things and bad things for both sides of that so I'll probably just go wherever the road takes me.
eh, I dont mind children because I find their innocence to be entertaining but I do not ever want the responsibility of raising them because that scares me to death haha

Old 10-08-2009, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Facebook update from the latest girl I wast trying to pursue: became a fan of Glenn Beck. Aaaaaaand that's where it ends.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Aaaaaaand that's where it ends.
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

in due time

Old 10-08-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

in due time
don't worry, I got your back...halfway atleast.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

That's really a deal-killer, too. It happened a couple times to me at A&M, I'd be all into some chick that I hit it off with, but then either through facebook or conversation I find that she's super religious or has far different opinions than I.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya that had to be the end for me right there. I mean can date a girl who's a conservative but someone who actually likes Glenn Beck enough to become a fan of him on facebook? No way.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Ya that had to be the end for me right there. I mean can date a girl who's a conservative but someone who actually likes Glenn Beck enough to become a fan of him on facebook? No way.
I think my friends and I reference the "GET OFF MY PHONE!" clip once a week.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

two words.

oligarcy and oligarchy.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha Glenn Beck.. Or Brother Beck as me and JBalla would say.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
two words.

oligarcy and oligarchy.
I think it was oligarhy

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

For the record it was "oligarhy" and regardless, two things that will make me bolt ASAP are zealotry and viewpoints I find... disagreeable.

Actually, make it three: teeth. If a girl has bad/ugly teeth, I can't even consider it.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the record it was "oligarhy" and regardless, two things that will make me bolt ASAP are zealotry and viewpoints I find... disagreeable.

Actually, make it three: teeth. If a girl has bad/ugly teeth, I can't even consider it.
it was without the C
i couldn't remember how it looked on the board...

what about if they have veneers?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
what about if they have veneers?
Havent met anyone with veneers, I have seen people on TV with them and sometimes you can tell, either because it makes their teeth look too big for their head or they only got them on the top row of teeth. That Hannah Montana chick looks like she has veneers.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
eh, I dont mind children because I find their innocence to be entertaining but I do not ever want the responsibility of raising them because that scares me to death haha
You're still very young. Your logic/mentality/maturity will all change down the line.

I was 23 when I got married. 24 when I had my first son. The gap is closer to 2 years than 1.

Don't get me wrong. I love my son, but if I had a chance to spend more time as a couple I would do it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Havent met anyone with veneers, I have seen people on TV with them and sometimes you can tell, either because it makes their teeth look too big for their head or they only got them on the top row of teeth. That Hannah Montana chick looks like she has veneers.
Nah she's all country. Those are buck teeth. lol.

Veneers can make a big difference. They're expensive as hell, but if done by a good dentist, you need not worry.

But I know what you mean... F'd up teeth can make a fine girl look fugly.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
You're still very young. Your logic/mentality/maturity will all change down the line.

I was 23 when I got married. 24 when I had my first son. The gap is closer to 2 years than 1.

Don't get me wrong. I love my son, but if I had a chance to spend more time as a couple I would do it.
like 35 years.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
like 35 years.
Nah... maybe 2 more. 5 years of marriage w/no kid and people start wondering if something's wrong. lol.

What's your situation like?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Nah... maybe 2 more. 5 years of marriage w/no kid and people start wondering if something's wrong. lol.

What's your situation like?
i couldn't imagine not having kids eventually.

finding 'mr. i'm not a ******' is harder than one would like to believe. especially if you're not willing to settle. which you shouldn't be.

i'd say 3 years is plenty of time, especially if you continue doing stuff with kids/while having kids.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
i couldn't imagine not having kids eventually.

finding 'mr. i'm not a ******' is harder than one would like to believe. especially if you're not willing to settle. which you shouldn't be.

i'd say 3 years is plenty of time, especially if you continue doing stuff with kids/while having kids.
Yeah, the "settling" part can be disatrous. I'd imagine. It's a tough deal. My sister is 28 and in that situation. I want her to find someone soon.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, the "settling" part can be disatrous. I'd imagine. It's a tough deal. My sister is 28 and in that situation. I want her to find someone soon.
It's not that i'm worried about finding someone soon, or now. it's just that if you 'wait' till your career is set, and you're in a good place, you could pass up good opportunities for development.

Really though, it's easier to find someone who you have a good time with than someone that you could see yourself with for a long time, qualities you'd like to have in a partner... are a bit more difficult to procure, because, personally, i'd rather work... and not have my partner work... to find, simultaniously, industrious, yet, family oriented men are difficult, especially in my social sphere.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's really a deal-killer, too. It happened a couple times to me at A&M, I'd be all into some chick that I hit it off with, but then either through facebook or conversation I find that she's super religious or has far different opinions than I.
i've been the same way back in my day. meet a girl, find out early she's a devout christian, decide she's an uptight prude that never has any fun...2 weeks later, i see her at a party, drunk out of her mind and flashing her boobs. damn. i miss college.

anyway, careful with judgements..except for the Glenn Beck situation. that guy can toss my salad.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

I've honestly found that the more I read about relationships, marriage, and children the longer I feel like I want to put off the latter two.