Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Being in high school, girls are so annoying...

I was talking to this one girl from different school. She was giving me all the signs, flirting etc with me. We went out a few times and I took her to a couple parties. But then whenever I tried to get close with her she would turn me down. Later she was explaining in front of me how we were best friends and stuff. She even asked to bring her ex-boyfriend to my good friends party that we were throwing. I said whatever, accepted that I was in the friend zone and moved on.

So at that party I hooked up with her friend, and now the original girl isn't talking to me. Should I even try to talk to her?
I think the "original" girl likes to play games. She played the game, you got with her friend after you tried multiple times to hit it. She obviously had zero respect for what you were trying to do because she brought her "ex" to the party and shut you down. She should eff off. If she wanted you, she should have taken you when she could. If you hooked up with her friend for revenge, bravo. If you hooked up with her friend because that's what you could get... bravo! This girl really doesn't seem to be your friend at all. At the same time, she is acting jealous because you're not blindly giving her the attention.

If you value her friendship, try to talk to her. If you just want to bang her, don't bother. She doesn't appear to be worth it based on your past results.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
It doesn't mean that you dislike every specific woman. It is that you dislike women as a whole.
i love women as a hole.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Including your daughter?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think the "original" girl likes to play games. She played the game, you got with her friend after you tried multiple times to hit it. She obviously had zero respect for what you were trying to do because she brought her "ex" to the party and shut you down. She should eff off. If she wanted you, she should have taken you when she could. If you hooked up with her friend for revenge, bravo. If you hooked up with her friend because that's what you could get... bravo! This girl really doesn't seem to be your friend at all. At the same time, she is acting jealous because you're not blindly giving her the attention.

If you value her friendship, try to talk to her. If you just want to bang her, don't bother. She doesn't appear to be worth it based on your past results.
Useless to try to deny it now.

The rest of what he said is pretty much true. The only thing I disagree with is the if you value her friendship. She doesn't value the friendship, so you shouldn't either. There is absolutely no reason to keep talking to her. She is a *****, and there is no reason to keep people like that in your life.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok i have a girlfriend who i have been dating for almost 6 months now. I am a senior in high school and she is a junior. I get a senior prom, and she gets a junior and senior prom.

Now...our proms fall on the same night. And she would rather go to her prom. Is it a dick move to tell her that i want to go to my prom rather than hers just because this will be my only senior prom ever AND she gets one HER senior year?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Useless to try to deny it now.

The rest of what he said is pretty much true. The only thing I disagree with is the if you value her friendship. She doesn't value the friendship, so you shouldn't either. There is absolutely no reason to keep talking to her. She is a *****, and there is no reason to keep people like that in your life.
Well, he got something out of it, so that's a plus. I would recommend that he stop chasing her, but if he had any intention of doing so, he wouldn't have asked us about it. I predict that he will still go after her and get shut down.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
ok i have a girlfriend who i have been dating for almost 6 months now. I am a senior in high school and she is a junior. I get a senior prom, and she gets a junior and senior prom.

Now...our proms fall on the same night. And she would rather go to her prom. Is it a dick move to tell her that i want to go to my prom rather than hers just because this will be my only senior prom ever AND she gets one HER senior year?
I would propose a compromise where you guys do dinner with her friends, before, then switch to yours and do the after party with your boys. You're the senior, and she gets her senior prom, but you shouldn't be totally insensitive. The school is stupid to schedule both the same night.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would propose a compromise where you guys do dinner with her friends, before, then switch to yours and do the after party with your boys. You're the senior, and she gets her senior prom, but you shouldn't be totally insensitive. The school is stupid to schedule both the same night.
I agree that it's very stupid to schedule both on the same night, but i think if she really likes you and appreciates you, she should understand that you deserve a completely dedicated to you, like she'll have the luxury of doing so next year. I don't think you sacrifice your senior prom just to go to hers.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Also understand that if you were a junior and she was a senior, I'd say that you should go to her prom. Situations reversed, same recommendation.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, he got something out of it, so that's a plus. I would recommend that he stop chasing her, but if he had any intention of doing so, he wouldn't have asked us about it. I predict that he will still go after her and get shut down.
That's where we differ. If I am not getting something out of hanging out with a person, I just stop hanging out with them. They aren't worth my time. I will bet anything he keeps trying to go after her, he is in high school after all. High schoolers don't realize that one girl isn't ever special. There is always someone better(same goes for guys, you aren't as special as you think you are.)
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Excellent advice. I would just add one more thing. Have her tell her friends to meet you and your boys out at whatever afterparty you are going to. I think it is strange that they have separate dances. Our school just had a Junior/Senior Prom. It is a horrible idea to have seperate ones on the same night, especially because so many juniors date seniors.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
That's where we differ. If I am not getting something out of hanging out with a person, I just stop hanging out with them. They aren't worth my time. I will bet anything he keeps trying to go after her, he is in high school after all. High schoolers don't realize that one girl isn't ever special. There is always someone better(same goes for guys, you aren't as special as you think you are.)
The something he got was the action from her friend. We are in agreement that he should just not talk to her. As I said before, he will continue to chase her because he's young and stupid.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Excellent advice. I would just add one more thing. Have her tell her friends to meet you and your boys out at whatever afterparty you are going to. I think it is strange that they have separate dances. Our school just had a Junior/Senior Prom. It is a horrible idea to have seperate ones on the same night, especially because so many juniors date seniors.
My senior prom (almost 11 years ago) had a required after party at a local YMCA. We had the place all night with food and games and TV and movies and stuff. There were also huge door prizes like N-64, TV's, and a DVD player. Those were huge deals at the time. It was a ton of fun, but no booze. If there is an after party that doesn't involve that kind of school function, that is great advice.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My senior prom (almost 11 years ago) had a required after party at a local YMCA. We had the place all night with food and games and TV and movies and stuff. There were also huge door prizes like N-64, TV's, and a DVD player. Those were huge deals at the time. It was a ton of fun, but no booze. If there is an after party that doesn't involve that kind of school function, that is great advice.
We only had that after graduation, our Prom we had free reign afterwards.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright...preliminary question...

What are your views on going after a best friend's ex?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:

Yeah thanks. I agree with everything you said. Basically when I took the "original girl" home at 5 am (she doesn't have a license, and she's a senior...) I dropped her off and she didn't even give me a hug or show any signs that she gave a damn so I was pissed. Got back to my friends house, found her friend upstairs in the bed that I was in earlier, talked, got some, went to work at 7:30 am hahaha

I'm gonna see both of them tomorrow night at my friend's 18th birthday party. I'm probably not going to go out of my way to talk to either of them, but if anything goes down i'll give an update.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post

My policy is that I don't recycle girlfriends. If my friend hit it and quit it, I'll consider seconds after a reasonable period of time has passed. If there was an emotional relationship that lasted longer than 6 months, the girl is basically off limits to me. If I were going to pursue something with a best friends' ex, I'd better be damn sure that it's the real thing. I would never just sleep with the girl. It would have to be legit, and I'd ask permission.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Yeah thanks. I agree with everything you said. Basically when I took the "original girl" home at 5 am (she doesn't have a license, and she's a senior...) I dropped her off and she didn't even give me a hug or show any signs that she gave a damn so I was pissed. Got back to my friends house, found her friend upstairs in the bed that I was in earlier, talked, got some, went to work at 7:30 am hahaha

I'm gonna see both of them tomorrow night at my friend's 18th birthday party. I'm probably not going to go out of my way to talk to either of them, but if anything goes down i'll give an update.
Girls have rules about hooking up just like guys do. Friends generally get "dibbs". If the first girl really wanted you, she would have locked you up in the first place. The fact that her friend got with you means that she's not interested. I think you just move on or just keep getting with the friend.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Depends what you want her for. If you really and truly like the girl, and she likes you as well, then don't let anything get in your way.

If you just wanna smash it, but she was your good friends girlfriend for a while, and it was serious, it's waaay off limits.

If she's a skank, and your friend tapped it before, then it's at your discretion whether you wanna hit that as well.

It really all depends on how serious her and your friend were, and how much you get along with your friend.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If she was a gf, you have to ask permission, or else he's gonna be really pissed. That could lead to a rift. Bros before hos.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If she was a gf, you have to ask permission, or else he's gonna be really pissed. That could lead to a rift. Bros before hos.
It depends how tight they were, really. If i know the guy, like i'll say hi to him if i see him, but we don't hangout, then in that instance i dont care. If it's one of my boys, we chill pretty often, then i'd back off, again depending on how serious they were.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

He said "best friend's". I'm going off that.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Oh wow, missed that part. Geez, best friends huh.. I don't know about that.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea best friends girl is off limits, at least for me. I value my friends over girls.

One of my best friends broke up with a girl recently (who is also a close friend of mine) and she is now dating one of his friends, in fact the guy she is dating now gave my buddy a tattoo recently and they party together. It's pretty damn awkward to see those three in the same room.

And I know he's pissed at the guy for making a move on her. There are so many girls out there that going after my best friends ex is just shallow as hell. I don't care how hot and cool she is, no way in hell.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Just ask him... If he is fine with it, go for it. If he isn't then she is off limits. This isn't rocket science. If he is a good friend, he won't mind you asking. But if he says no, you stay the **** away from her. Hell, you don't even talk to her. So many problems can be avoided by just talking like adults.

The only hard and fast rule is if he says it is off limits it is off limits. If a buddy asked me if he could **** one of my exes, I would tell him to knock himself out.

Personally, I don't go after friends exes regardless. I won't even **** a girl my buddy has ******. I just don't like knowing that he was there before me. I don't care about guys I don't know, but not a buddy.